Page 2 of 359
Spiderbites

It's Snakebites my son, go for it, but my advice to you would be make sure you research it, and get it pierced with studs and have rings put in later.
Snakebites

Do they let you do both sides at once? I was under the impression they didnt. Only because I don't know anyone whos had them done both at once though.
They do let you do both at once, but obviously it's not recommended, and that's word i've had from piercers and people who've had it done and not been able to eat properly for days.
Quote by Alix_D
Spiderbites

It's Snakebites my son, go for it, but my advice to you would be make sure you research it, and get it pierced with studs and have rings put in later.

haha thanks and for the record, my daughter lol. My username is a joke btwn me and my friend lol.
well i was gonna do it myself actually my friend did a labret piercing and said it hurt a little bit but w/e. i heard the sides dont hurt much...imma buy sanitizer and i already have a needle and then yeah i need studs lol.
Nooooo.... don't do it yourself

You could hit a nerve and it could be really painful. It's not like ear piercing, there's a lot that can go wrong if you try and do your lip yourself.
For the record, cockney way of speaking

Do it yourself? Sure, if you want to wreck your face.

It's a huge NO with snakebites, no only will you end up with a problematic piercing, it'll also be wonky, and after all, the point of snakebites is them being level.

If you listen to one thing, do not do it yourself.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg, so, so many things can go wrong with self piercing, on the ears it's alright, it'll be acceptable, but on your face the risks are huge.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Nooooo.... don't do it yourself

You could hit a nerve and it could be really painful. It's not like ear piercing, there's a lot that can go wrong if you try and do your lip yourself.

damn rly well im 14 i guess im not old enough then if i hit a nerve what will happen? how about labrets? my friend did it himself
Get a fake id or charm a piercer into doing it. Cos seriously, it can fuck up. The labret guy was probably just lucky.

Though to be fair, it was the body mod thread on UG that talked me out of piercing my lip myself
Laberts are the same, your friend is an idiot.

There wouldn't be much point doing at 14 anyway, you'd have to take it out for school and the like, save facial piercings for college.

If you hit a nerve, the worst you're asking for is paraylisis. If you hit a vein you're looking a big mess, and that's not too unlikely.
alright well you all have talked me out of it lol
damn i guess ill have to ask my dad he probably wont let me though
**** i really want one grrrrr
but like with parental consent we can go get it done right?
he might let me if my grades are really good (which they are) and i prove i deserve it lol
damn i really want 3 two off center lip piercings on the bottom and one in the middle
I want jim careys tattoos in the number 23 the thorns someone get me a pic of his bak i cant find it anywahere
I think it looks cool to have two piercings on the same side. I knew a girl with that and it looked pretty decent, she didn't even have a massive mouth. I suppose there is the danger of them ripping into one massive piercing though...
Quote by Z_cup_boy
alright well you all have talked me out of it lol
damn i guess ill have to ask my dad he probably wont let me though
**** i really want one grrrrr
but like with parental consent we can go get it done right?
he might let me if my grades are really good (which they are) and i prove i deserve it lol
damn i really want 3 two off center lip piercings on the bottom and one in the middle

I understand where you're coming from, I was there once, but honestly, save the facial piercings until your 16, you could get it done with parental consent, but even if your knocking out A*s, i'd be surprised if your parents let you get it done.

Wait until you're old enough, it's worth the wait. And it does sound like a good set of piercings you've got planned, but make sure you get them done professionally and when you're old enough.

M_I: Yep, that is a danger, but unless you stretch them it's very unlikely it would actually happen
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I might actually get a (much) smaller gauge one put in right next to mine... if anyone's seen Paul Gray's lip piercings, they'll see what I mean

I think that's what she had.

Anyway, I have 3 ear piercings in a row and I don't worry about them forming one massive piercing

And I don't know if glueing your fingers together counts as body modification or stupidity, but this is so gross I had to share it...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=585057
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I think that's what she had.

Anyway, I have 3 ear piercings in a row and I don't worry about them forming one massive piercing

And I don't know if glueing your fingers together counts as body modification or stupidity, but this is so gross I had to share it...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=585057

Someone, somewhere is going to read that and glue their fingers together with industrial strength adhesive, get in Bizarre and then have a shit life.

And then we'll blame you.
Quote by Alix_D
I understand where you're coming from, I was there once, but honestly, save the facial piercings until your 16, you could get it done with parental consent, but even if your knocking out A*s, i'd be surprised if your parents let you get it done.

Wait until you're old enough, it's worth the wait. And it does sound like a good set of piercings you've got planned, but make sure you get them done professionally and when you're old enough.

M_I: Yep, that is a danger, but unless you stretch them it's very unlikely it would actually happen

alright i guess ill have to

well can i pierce my ears myself without having to worry about anything?
i rlllly want two on one side and one of those small open hole piercings on the other. I dont want it too big thatll look gross lol
how do those hole piercings work? how do they make room for it to be all big and shit?
I'm tempted to get my tragus done, but is it a problem for listening to music through headphones?
That's the last thing I want.

Also, first tattoo question; I'm considering getting wings on my back (not amazingly original, I know) but my mum reckons it's a bad idea to "get your first tattoo on your back as it'll kill", is that true or not?

how do those hole piercings work? how do they make room for it to be all big and shit?

They stretch it over time, although sometimes you can get parts of your ears like...removed for them to fit.
'If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the Universe' - Carl Sagan.
Last edited by Matt_Malmsteen at May 12, 2007,
You won't do yourself that much damage piercing your own ears, it's where most people start.

If you can, get hold of a sterile hollow needle to do it with, and make sure you put a stud in straight away. Clean it properly as well.

It's called stretching, or in yankydoodleland they call it gauging, i'm too tired to go into detail, but basically you start with a cone shape piece of plastic/metal w/e, and you gradually push it further into your ear over a matter of weeks, making the hole bigger.

Google earlobe stretching, and check out www.bmezine.com. Oh, and the holes in your ear at the end are called Tunnels, or in US-speak Plugs.
Also, don't just think that a really fat sewing needle will do, or that ice is a good enough numbing device, or that getting drunk first is a good idea, trust
Quote by Matt_Malmsteen
I'm tempted to get my tragus done, but is it a problem for listening to music through headphones?
That's the last thing I want.

Also, first tattoo question; I'm considering getting wings on my back (not amazingly original, I know) but my mum reckons it's a bad idea to "get your first tattoo on your back as it'll kill", is that true or not?

Back is ment to be one of the most painful places to get it done, probably not a good place for your first one.

It is a problem if you use standard earphone, if you use the little plug ones (the one with the little rubber bit that goes further in, you know what I mean?) or over-the-ear headphones you'll be ok. It will not properly heal if you just use normal (as in standard Ipod issue style) earphones, and it'll be uncomfortable and quite painful at times too. It's a bit less so if you get a flat-backed stud in it though.

But, by all means, make an effort to accommodate it, it's worth the extra hassle, it's one of my favourite piercings, and always a good conversation starter.

I hope that made sense, I feel like i've rambled a bit much
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Also, don't just think that a really fat sewing needle will do, or that ice is a good enough numbing device, or that getting drunk first is a good idea, trust

Oh god, do not use ice! you pierce it, you feel it a bit, then the ice freezes your ****ing ear and hurts like a ****ing bitch when it un-numbs. *

*At my most eloquent!

If you do pierce it yourself and you can't get a piercers needle, use a saftey pin.

(Is that the worst advice i've ever given? ) lol
Quote by Alix_D
Back is ment to be one of the most painful places to get it done, probably not a good place for your first one.

It is a problem if you use standard earphone, if you use the little plug ones (the one with the little rubber bit that goes further in, you know what I mean?) or over-the-ear headphones you'll be ok. It will not properly heal if you just use normal (as in standard Ipod issue style) earphones, and it'll be uncomfortable and quite painful at times too. It's a bit less so if you get a flat-backed stud in it though.

But, by all means, make an effort to accommodate it, it's worth the extra hassle, it's one of my favourite piercings, and always a good conversation starter.

I hope that made sense, I feel like i've rambled a bit much

Thanks for the advice man. Although tbh I'm not overly interested in getting a tattoo anywhere else...
'If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the Universe' - Carl Sagan.
I know but the needle I used was too thin, I got it through my ear but the earring wouldn't fit so I just took it out, drunkness made me too lazy to do a proper job then I waited for it to heal and went to a piercer to get them to do it. I clearly can't handle the responsibility...

If you really want a tattoo on your back then just suck it up, it would be worth it in the long run if it's what you want. Tattoos aren't meant to be painless.
I do my best.

I wouldn't take anything I say about tattoos as the gospel truth, i've never had one done, but from what i've heard it's the worst, but often that's followed by the most rewarding.

It depends on how much pain you can take, and you don't have to have it all done at once either. If you want it, go for it.

Angel wings look superb if done right
I'm going for angel wings if I do. The tattooist is a friend of the family and said he'd make something a bit more "individual". He said he'd not do it in one session but I don't think anyone would do a back tattoo in one session right? I mean, they're just huge and insane.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I know but the needle I used was too thin, I got it through my ear but the earring wouldn't fit so I just took it out, drunkness made me too lazy to do a proper job then I waited for it to heal and went to a piercer to get them to do it. I clearly can't handle the responsibility...

I only actually got my first piercing because someone brought me an earring (it was a little devil's head ) so I thought I might as well use it.

Got some icecubes in the freezer, boiled my saftey pin in a teacup, and went for it, numbed my ear quite badly, and then shoved the pin through at a very strange angle, pulled it out a few seconds later and tried to put the stud in.

I got the stud in the front hole, but I couldn't find the back (obviously being where the saftey pin was thinner, it had shut up) so after wriggling it around for about 10 minutes, and putting myself in extreme pain I just thought ''**** it, i'm shoving this beastie through''. And I did, imagine shoving a blunt stud through your ear! It made the most unpleasent popping noise, and then bled like crazy motherfo, I only just managed to get the back on the stud. Then it swelled up really badly and the back of the stud got engulfed by my ear.

A few months down the line it worked out fine, but it was quite a gruesome introduction to piercing. Why I went back for more, who knows!
Quote by Matt_Malmsteen
I'm going for angel wings if I do. The tattooist is a friend of the family and said he'd make something a bit more "individual". He said he'd not do it in one session but I don't think anyone would do a back tattoo in one session right? I mean, they're just huge and insane.

Nope, you're looking at about 18-22 hours for a large back piece! Did he give you a price estimate, or is a friend sort of deal?
Because no-one asked! Enjoy!

Ok, i've got a confession, these are all old pictures, about a year infact, and now I only have one piercing (A rook) because i'm a slave to the wage. Sorry about the flash on the first one, I never really took picture of my piercings so that's the best i've got.

However, i'm looking into getting a 5 piece surface piercing on my chest once i'm out of debt.
Last edited by Alix_D at May 12, 2007,
Quote by Alix_D
Because no-one asked! Enjoy!

Ok, i've got a confession, these are all old pictures, about a year infact, and now I only have one piercing (A rook) because i'm a slave to the wage.

However, i'm looking into getting a 5 piece surface piercing on my chest once i'm out of debt.

aww youre cute in the last pic lol!
wow u have a lot of piercings!
do cartilidge piercings on the top of the ear hurt?
Quote by Z_cup_boy
aww youre cute in the last pic lol!
wow u have a lot of piercings!
do cartilidge piercings on the top of the ear hurt?

Thanks, but 14 year olds don't really do it for me anymore

Yeah, I had 12. Not really, the most painful one is the rook (the one just inside the ear on the first picture) or the Tragus (the one on the sticky outtie bit in the middle of the ear).

Cartilidge doesn't really hurt at all, it's just feels very awkward to sleep on.

Anyone else get the feeling i'm quite into this thread?
Quote by Alix_D
Thanks, but 14 year olds don't really do it for me anymore

Yeah, I had 12. Not really, the most painful one is the rook (the one just inside the ear on the first picture) or the Tragus (the one on the sticky outtie bit in the middle of the ear).

Cartilidge doesn't really hurt at all, it's just feels very awkward to sleep on.

Anyone else get the feeling i'm quite into this thread?

haha im really into body modifications but my mom hates the hell outta them
my dad doesnt rly dig tattooes but piercings im not sure
im so anxious to get lip rings and ear piercings
when was ur first alix d??
i dont remember if u already mentioned it in another post lol