Page 4 of 359
Quote by Welsh Guitar
Wow, don't do that. I mean your lobe just starts to heal, then you stretch it again. Thats how rips happen. Use lube, and put it in all at once. But DON'T use vaseline.

I stretch 2mm every month. But don't do that, I know it's too fast, but my ear heals pretty fast. I'm thinking of stopping at 8mm or 10mm.

Yeah, I wouldn't advise anyone else to use my stretching method.

I got my ear pierced when I was eight and first tattoo when I was 17...
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by DigUpHerBones
Even harder with an anti-tragus haha.

I have loads of steroid cream, but it's extremly strong (for pretty bad eczema) so I don't dare use it.

And see you there too.

hey, I have pretty bad eczema, give me that $$$$.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Quote by figsandbobo
hey, I have pretty bad eczema, give me that $$$$.

For some reason, I found that insanely funny.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
so i just pierced my nose by myself, it didn't hurt. is it easily infected? someone please answer.
I'm curious towards the whole lip piercing deal
does it interfere at all with daily like eg. eating, drinking etc
and i heard from someone that with mouth piercings you cant eat spicy food or else it stings
but i dunno if thats just until it heals, or if its forever?
I'm leaning towards the until it heals idea.. but some verification would be nice

any help would be sweet!
MM Stingray-MM Sterling-Austin Intruder-De-fretted Slammer-GK 115SBX-GK 1001RB-II-Fender Rumble 100-RB 5 Piece Prumkit-Burswood Acoustic-Squire Strat

Quote by Forcemaster
Dude, your hair owns.
Have a pie.

www.myspace.com/thedeathbynumbers
Quote by Lowend
I'm curious towards the whole lip piercing deal
does it interfere at all with daily like eg. eating, drinking etc
and i heard from someone that with mouth piercings you cant eat spicy food or else it stings
but i dunno if thats just until it heals, or if its forever?
I'm leaning towards the until it heals idea.. but some verification would be nice

any help would be sweet!

I don't think it stings if you eat spicy foods. I have a few friends that have one. We also have really spicy food down here and they've never complained.

Also, is anyone here good at tattoo designs? I know what I want, I just need someone to help me design it the way I would like it. It's the treble clef and bass clef. I don't want the standard looking one. I want a little added extra. For example, how the Opeth "O" has that nice design in it. I'm looking for something along those lines. If someone can help me out I would be eternally grateful.
Member #9 of the Carvin club
Last edited by Quark Soup at May 22, 2007,
Quote by primusucks
so i just pierced my nose by myself, it didn't hurt. is it easily infected? someone please answer.

Did you put a new needle in to an autoclave, wear gloves, use alchol swabs and than pierce your nose? No? They yeah, there's quite a chance it will get infected. But it's not that big a chance if you take care with the aftercare. Use sea salt soaks 2 or 3 times a day, and put on Savlon afterwards, you should be fine.

Quote by cookdizzle
i have my ears pierced with 14 gauge and i'm not going any bigger because i don't want to have holes in my ears, the left ear i got done, and the right ear i did myself by shoving a starter stud through it

1. You're stupid for shoving a stud through your ear.
2. Read the first part of that sentence to yourself again. You already do have holes in your bloody ears...
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
My Plans.

Peircings.
Both ear lobes, stretched to 8mm.
Bottom lip on left.
Nose on right.

Tattoo's.
FAST LOVE on knuckles.
Zodiac circle on left hand.
Shooting star system up my left arm, one star for each friend I've had that's died.
Sleeves on both arms, not finalised yet.
Joining across chest and back.
Crucifix on back starting in between shoulder blades, with childrens names below going down my back.

Sound awesome..?
Third out in the MOD contest '08.
Quote by JamMan*
My Plans.

Peircings.
Bottom lip on left.
Nose on right.

Tattoo's.
FAST LOVE on knuckles.
Shooting star system up my left arm, one star for each friend I've had that's died.
Crucifix on back starting in between shoulder blades, with childrens names below going down my back.

Sound awesome..?

awesome indeed, aside from the fast love part
really like the idea of the stars though, sounds good
Because I found pictures...

Ear. A day after the industrial so it's not looking so great.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by JamMan*
My Plans.

Peircings.
Bottom lip on left.
Nose on right.

Tattoo's.
FAST LOVE on knuckles.

Sound awesome..?

I'm not a fan of sleeves or knuckle-tats, but it sounds pretty cool

I designed a few tattoos for myself a couple weeks ago, I may upload a picture of the first one I plan on getting soon, it's a bass clef and a treble clef making up the walls of a spade, with an inscribed bass/treble clef design in the center, I'm going to put it on my right forearm so it shows when I play and then I want this on my right shoulder/bicep area.

I'm also thinking of peircings, now I've never been much of a fan of peircings, but now I'm thinking about getting them to pierce my ears with 12 guages right off the back, would this be a bad idea? Basically I hate how small peircings look on guys, so if I could skip that stage entirely it'd be ace.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Quote by UndeadPaperclip

I'm also thinking of peircings, now I've never been much of a fan of peircings, but now I'm thinking about getting them to pierce my ears with 12 guages right off the back, would this be a bad idea? Basically I hate how small peircings look on guys, so if I could skip that stage entirely it'd be ace.

Yeah you can get them done that big, they'll be fine.
ok some stuff needs to be cleared up on here....getting your ears guaged is not as big of a deal as people make it out to be. you can make it up to a 0 Gauge (not sure what that is in mm) and as long as your ear didn't rip, it would make it back down to a normal sized hole...if you rip your ear though, than your screwed, so either get it done at at tat shop, or be really freakin careful not to go to fast. (i've got mine up to 00) Also if your gonna pierce your ears your self (i did it and they turned out fine) make sure you take the right precations...the best thing to do is to go to some beauty store (eg. sally's beauty supply) and buy the little one time use guns they have for like 6 bucks...that will give you a quick painless and straight peircing.. also sanatize EVERYTHING, the earing (or needle), the gun, your hands, your ear. and last take care of it afterwards...don't touch it without washing your hands, soak it in saltwater(promotes healing) or alcohol if you have to(disenfects but doesn't promote healing)and don't pierce anything other than your ears at home....please go to a tattoo shop.
Tattoos are amazing- I have 3 one of witch is a half sleeve on my left arm. but to the young kids out there who want them, make sure you get something good, and don't get so excited your getting a tattoo to the point where you don't care what it looks like. Also, you get what you pay for....if your getting a tat, please spend the money to go to a good artist...always check out their profiles before you get work done, and don't just go to one guy/girl and check them out. hit a few different shops. and remember, Tattoo artists are there to help you and have usually been doing it for years, if they say, "that is gonna look horrible", try to take that into consideration before you get it. ok, that is about it...hope this helps.
KAVATICA EP OUT MAY 27TH
http://www.myspace.com/kavaticatn

Quote by kanamvar32
here's what I'd recommend based on you saying you want it in a down-tuned LP for Death Metal and Grindcore (idk what that is but its probably heavy):
Quote by KavaticaMetal
ok some stuff needs to be cleared up on here....getting your ears guaged is not as big of a deal as people make it out to be. you can make it up to a 0 Gauge (not sure what that is in mm) and as long as your ear didn't rip, it would make it back down to a normal sized hole...if you rip your ear though, than your screwed, so either get it done at at tat shop, or be really freakin careful not to go to fast. (i've got mine up to 00) Also if your gonna pierce your ears your self (i did it and they turned out fine) make sure you take the right precations...the best thing to do is to go to some beauty store (eg. sally's beauty supply) and buy the little one time use guns they have for like 6 bucks...that will give you a quick painless and straight peircing.. also sanatize EVERYTHING, the earing (or needle), the gun, your hands, your ear. and last take care of it afterwards...don't touch it without washing your hands, soak it in saltwater(promotes healing) or alcohol if you have to(disenfects but doesn't promote healing)and don't pierce anything other than your ears at home....please go to a tattoo shop.
Tattoos are amazing- I have 3 one of witch is a half sleeve on my left arm. but to the young kids out there who want them, make sure you get something good, and don't get so excited your getting a tattoo to the point where you don't care what it looks like. Also, you get what you pay for....if your getting a tat, please spend the money to go to a good artist...always check out their profiles before you get work done, and don't just go to one guy/girl and check them out. hit a few different shops. and remember, Tattoo artists are there to help you and have usually been doing it for years, if they say, "that is gonna look horrible", try to take that into consideration before you get it. ok, that is about it...hope this helps.

Don't do the gun thing.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
very nice pics digupherbones. What size plugs are they?

The one in that ear is 14mm, and I have a 12mm in the other. Should stretch my right to be the same soon but I don't have money for new 14mm plugs.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Digup- use a mix of sea salt and tea tree oil. Works a treat with infections.

Woohoo, looking forward to my next tattoos... bass clef behind the ear, the Co&Ca keywork on my inside right elbow and I may have some of the lyrics to "Black" by Pearl Jam spiralling round my left calf

Bass clef behind the ear? inventive i guess! i was thinking of getting the Keywork on my arm before i got the Opeth logo, but i might get it on the other side tbh.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by DigUpHerBones
Because I found pictures...

Ear. A day after the industrial so it's not looking so great.

HOLY ****.

And here I was just wandering in to ask if getting a small piercing at the top of the ear would hurt...
Mood: decent.

Work(s) in progress: I Hate Myself and Want to Die(singing and playing simultaneously), a lot of random Coheed and Cambria riffs

(SPOILER: I'm a girl.)
..so i herd
u liek mudkips..
Quote by ibbylove
HOLY ****.

And here I was just wandering in to ask if getting a small piercing at the top of the ear would hurt...

I don't have that many piercings... only 5.

And it depends on your pain level. It could be pretty damned painful or you could feel nothing at all. Most likely somewhere in between.
Quote by DigUpHerBones
I don't have that many piercings... only 5.

And it depends on your pain level. It could be pretty damned painful or you could feel nothing at all. Most likely somewhere in between.

Yeah, but one of which I could fit my pinky through.

What about infection? That'd be a bitch. It's only thing that's really stopping me.

Work(s) in progress: I Hate Myself and Want to Die(singing and playing simultaneously), a lot of random Coheed and Cambria riffs

..so i herd
u liek mudkips..
Quote by ibbylove
Yeah, but one of which I could fit my pinky through.

What about infection? That'd be a bitch. It's only thing that's really stopping me.

Haha, two you could fit it through (each ear).

As long as you don't touch, do sea salt soaks 2 or 3 times a day until it's healed and use some kind of anti-septic (I'd reccomend diluted tea-tree oil or savlon) it almost definatly won't get infected.
Quote by DigUpHerBones
Haha, two you could fit it through (each ear).

As long as you don't touch, do sea salt soaks 2 or 3 times a day until it's healed and use some kind of anti-septic (I'd reccomend diluted tea-tree oil or savlon) it almost definatly won't get infected.

Cool then...I haven't ever had any piercings, but I think one little stud at the top of the ear would look pretty nice.

..so i herd
u liek mudkips..
Yeah. They can be painful for first piercings and you need to make sure you don't sleep on it or anything and wash your hair carefully, but they are great piercings.
I'm stretching my septum up from 12 to 10.
Anyone else got theirs done?

Damn it looks funny with this bigass taper in my nose.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
dammit, stop being cool

I have also decided that me and a few mates are gonna get matching tattoos at Download

That -I cant use punctuation of Czech keyboards- s quite fun.
heyy, i just started stretching yesterday i went to 2mil, since then one of my ears became gungy so i washed it in water with a little salt in it, its better but has become a little swollen, is this normal? will it go down? thanks.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
If your vegetarian girl harasses you about eating meat, snap back with, "Eating more entirely defenseless plants that provide us with oxygen?"

That'll shut that bitch up faster than two black eyes.

^^ bit of a retard when it comes to streching so I can't offer any advice, lots of the other regulars in this thread would know though.

I have a few surface piercing related questions. I'm thinking of getting one on my chest but I'm worried about the scarring if it rejects. And do they really split that often? If I lose or gain weight would it be risky to it?
Quote by jammin24
heyy, i just started stretching yesterday i went to 2mil, since then one of my ears became gungy so i washed it in water with a little salt in it, its better but has become a little swollen, is this normal? will it go down? thanks.

It will be a little swollen, just leave it alone for a bit is all I'll say. I can say that...

You could be allergic to the jewellery.
It may be getting infected, use Savlon or tea tree oil.
You may be being paranoid.
If you do sea salt soaks, get half a cup of boiled water and use only half a tea spoon of sea salt.
heres 2 of my piercings:

and eyebrow which is the 2nd time i have had it done since the first one migrated like a bitch...

next on list:tongue,ears,nips
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
^^ bit of a retard when it comes to streching so I can't offer any advice, lots of the other regulars in this thread would know though.

I have a few surface piercing related questions. I'm thinking of getting one on my chest but I'm worried about the scarring if it rejects. And do they really split that often? If I lose or gain weight would it be risky to it?

If you notice it rejecting then the best plan if you don't want scars is just taking it off and then using Vit. E oil to massage it.

No, they don't.

I don't think it would affect it that much, but you never know... I'd say ask BME's QOD unless anyone here knows more than me (though it's likely they do).

I feel confused about my piercings... I kind of really want to take them all out. Then I think I'll kill myself for doing such a stupid thing. Then I think I don't like them and then I think it all again.

I might need some help.
Last edited by DigUpHerBones at May 31, 2007,
Quote by DigUpHerBones
It will be a little swollen, just leave it alone for a bit is all I'll say. I can say that...

You could be allergic to the jewellery.
It may be getting infected, use Savlon or tea tree oil.
You may be being paranoid.
If you do sea salt soaks, get half a cup of boiled water and use only half a tea spoon of sea salt.

thank you for being so brutally honest haha, i dont think i am being paranoid i think its becoming infected, il get some teatree oil on it thanks.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
If your vegetarian girl harasses you about eating meat, snap back with, "Eating more entirely defenseless plants that provide us with oxygen?"

That'll shut that bitch up faster than two black eyes.

Quote by jammin24
thank you for being so brutally honest haha, i dont think i am being paranoid i think its becoming infected, il get some teatree oil on it thanks.

Honesty is good.

If you post a pic or something I might be able to answer you better. It can't be a mistake to use some teatree though... and keep your hands off it at all times minus when you're cleaning it for a couple of weeks.
Quote by DigUpHerBones
If you notice it rejecting then the best plan if you don't want scars is just taking it off and then using Vit. E oil to massage it.

No, they don't.

I don't think it would affect it that much, but you never know... I'd say ask BME's QOD unless anyone here knows more than me (though it's likely they do).

I feel confused about my piercings... I kind of really want to take them all out. Then I think I'll kill myself for doing such a stupid thing. Then I think I don't like them and then I think it all again.

I might need some help.

I get that sometimes, the best solution is either taking them out (which you will regret) or changing the jewellrey.

I can't spell for toffee tonight.
surface piercing question:
chest piercings are nice, but (depending on where on your chest you plan on getting it) since theres not a lot of skin, and it's hard to get jewellery thats the perfect shape (you can get close), most of these piercings aren't permanent. The longest you can expect would be a year or two, they eventually decided they don't like it there (or you get hit in the chest by something) and they have to be removed.
but you can get a good while with it being healed and lookin cool before you have to get rid of it.