Page 5 of 359
Quote by Alix_D
I get that sometimes, the best solution is either taking them out (which you will regret) or changing the jewellrey.

I can't spell for toffee tonight.

Can't do either since two are only a couple of weeks old and would close up pretty quickly and my anti-tragus is 7 months old and has never healed/never stopped being infected.

I see what I think in a week or so.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Have any guys had there nipple/s pierced? Care to share your experience? Purely because i'm thinking of getting it done.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Quote by Jakeylee111
Have any guys had there nipple/s pierced? Care to share your experience? Purely because i'm thinking of getting it done.

I haven't... but look for the ones about nipple piercings if you want to read up.

clicky
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by Jakeylee111

i wrote a long response to this than my comp crashed but basically it doesnt hurt and i had to keep it clean and bandaged for 2 weeks but after that i was fine
Quote by DigUpHerBones
Honesty is good.

If you post a pic or something I might be able to answer you better. It can't be a mistake to use some teatree though... and keep your hands off it at all times minus when you're cleaning it for a couple of weeks.

i put some teatree oil on it lasst night and its loads better, thanks alot dude i shall try and keep my mitss off it
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
If your vegetarian girl harasses you about eating meat, snap back with, "Eating more entirely defenseless plants that provide us with oxygen?"

That'll shut that bitch up faster than two black eyes.

Stretched my ears to 8mm yesterday, thinking of getting my nape pierced tomorrow... thoughts?
Heres a tip: don't get concealed piercings. If you must get defribulated for some poor reason, doctors will probably not know you have have a piercing and it will act as a conductor to the defribulator hense burning the piercing into your skin. Fact.

Don't steal, don't lift
Twenty years of schoolin'
And they put you on the day shift
Quote by blackenedktulu
Yeah... 70€ hardly seems worth it if it's gonna reject...

I'm sure it'd be worth the experience, and having it stay around for a while. it really varies person to person.
Most people get surface piercings knowing full well that on a lot of place on the body, the peircing is topical (will reject anyways). That's why a lot of BodyMod photography has some focus on surface piercings. They look cool and people will want to remember them. It's a choice.

On this topic, anyone look at play piercing? This is a link to Max Brand's myspace Click here. He's a piercer for All or Nothing in Georgia, who are currently one of the highest trafficked and most heavily sought after studios in the tattooing world. A lot of his photography revolves around play piercings. He's taken some fantastic pictures.
Those pictures look great, I really want to do that some day. Second on my list after suspension.
I was going to get suspended in March but when it came to the day I didn't have the 80 dollar fee
Cool. Whereabouts do you live?

I'll have to wait a good while anyway.

Also important: anyone have any tips on surviving mosh pits and theme park rides with new piercings?
Last edited by DigUpHerBones at Jun 1, 2007,
I live about 15 minutes from Washington DC and there are a few bondage/fetish clubs in the city that have Suspension nights, but it is pretty pricey. I still want to do it, nonetheless.

New Piercings, Mosh Pits, and You: A Survival Guide

1. Are the piercings above the neck? If so, consider what kind of moshing is going on. Are people kicking about? What is the chance that someone's foot could land square on your new orbital, rook, or helix? Is your new industrial or traigus safe from foot damage?

If you answered no, feet will most likely not come into contact with your new piercing, you'll be pretty safe. However, it's always a good idea to avoid the pit when that one jackass jumps in, swingin fists.

2. Nipple piercings. Snugly, but not too tightly, wrap an Ace or other medical elastic bandage around your chest and fasten it together with velcro. Avoid safety pins at all costs.

When moshing, try to keep your armes crossed in front of your chest as much as possible. The second you take that first blow to the nipple, it may be time to take a break. Trust me. It hurts.

3. Belly Button and Below:
Use your head. Do you really want your new accessory to be ripped out by some over-the-top punk or metalhead who can't keep his feet to himself? No. Especially from there. Stand in the back, to the side, snag a spot up front. The pit just isnt for you anymore.
That says a load of people are going to kick me in the ear... not much about ways to protect them at all... if there are any other than standing at the back. Dammit.
Im considering getting my ears pierced twice on each ear. Once on the lobe, and once on the cartilige. No gauges below 10. Those just look stupid.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
speaking of suspensions...i don't quite understand how that works.
i mean, it just doesn't make a lot of sense to me how the skin doesn't just rip....are they really deep or something? do you have some support holding you up other than the hooks?
Quote by DieDieDie
speaking of suspensions...i don't quite understand how that works.
i mean, it just doesn't make a lot of sense to me how the skin doesn't just rip....are they really deep or something? do you have some support holding you up other than the hooks?

The hooks are put in deep enough for the skin not to rip.

And I suppose you can if you like but that kind of wreaks the point.
Suspension is purely with hooks deep enough under the layers of your skin not to rip. The initial hole is made with a 6-8g piercing needle and more or less spread out depending on the size of the hooks, so to spread the weight over the hook so the skin does not rip.

DigUpHerBones- If you have a healing piercing, just stay out of the pits. It's a small sacrifice for your own good.
Quote by skeptopotamus

DigUpHerBones- If you have a healing piercing, just stay out of the pits. It's a small sacrifice for your own good.

Yeah, I know dammit... just trying to convince myself I can! Haha, not the best idea.

Know it'll be the last time I see a good few of the bands there and the last time I want to... and... WALL OF DEATH!!!

No Wall of Death for me .

How about rides at Alton Towers?
Quote by DieDieDie
do suspensions leave scars?

Usually... unless you have a bloody good body.
You can treat the wounds to minimize scarring, as with any wound.

The funny thing about suspension is that when you're done and they take the hooks out you have to get a massage around the punctures in order to 'burp' the air out, so that you don't dry out under the skin.
My lobes are looking a tad too thin for my liking, and the right one seems to be developing eczema (ouchy)... I massage them with vit. E oil and haven't stretched in a few months but don't think that's good enough. So questions to clarify... would downsizing really help and how should I do it?
Downsizing may or may not help. If you do downsize, I believe simply putting in smaller plugs/flesh tunnels/earrings should be sufficient.

And now, for a question of my own: For those with stretched ears, you will know what I mean. My ears STINK. Does anyone know if downsizing would help with the smell? I'm currently at 4ga. if that helps.
yea, the stinkyness is part of the territory
your ears smell cause of all the dead skin that gets trapped between your skin and your jewellery
more surface area inside piercing = more dead skin
more dead skin = possibly worse smell

downsizing might help a little bit, but if you take your jewellery out to clean it once or twice a day (i do twice, but some people find it too much), you should have no problems
Quote by ColdNovembeRain
Downsizing may or may not help. If you do downsize, I believe simply putting in smaller plugs/flesh tunnels/earrings should be sufficient.

And now, for a question of my own: For those with stretched ears, you will know what I mean. My ears STINK. Does anyone know if downsizing would help with the smell? I'm currently at 4ga. if that helps.

It won't help the smell... wearing organic (wooden mainly) plugs will! Seriously, they don't smell at all. Make sure you get non-porous woods though...
Quote by MakinLattes
okay, I have a question.

how much do you tip a tattoo artist?

a percentage of the cost of the work?

Anything is good, it depends on how much you like the work and how much you think they deserve it. Even a small tip shows you appreciate their work. 10% would be very generous... whatever you think fits.
What about eyebrow piercings? They look kickass in my opinion, but I'd imagine they hurt like mofo because of all that skin they probably have to pinch up to pierce it. Anybody have one? Is it hard to maintain, and are you happy you got it?
Quote by MakinLattes
okay, I have a question.

how much do you tip a tattoo artist?

a percentage of the cost of the work?

For pieces between 150 and 300 $40 bucks should do it. For pieces 300, 400, 500, $80 is generous. If you're doing multiple session pieces, depending on the number of sessions it'll take, tip anywhere from $50-100 per session.
Quote by DigUpHerBones
It won't help the smell... wearing organic (wooden mainly) plugs will! Seriously, they don't smell at all. Make sure you get non-porous woods though...

Thanks. I noticed with the plugs I have in now, which are some kind of resin, they stink a lot. But I have a pair of silicone flesh tunnels and they are amazing. No smell at all.... I'm going to go find those now.
Quote by skeptopotamus
For pieces between 150 and 300 $40 bucks should do it. For pieces 300, 400, 500, $80 is generous. If you're doing multiple session pieces, depending on the number of sessions it'll take, tip anywhere from $50-100 per session.

I didn't tip my tattooist. should i have?
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by IndieMetalhead
I didn't tip my tattooist. should i have?

It isn't absolutely required but it helps build a good and lasting business relationship with the artist. I wouldn't tip it my tattoo turned out shitty, but if it is well done I believe a tip is in order.
Ok I wanted to get a lip piercing, I want to get a loop and probably to the left side. I was wondering if I have to get parental consent, is there a "gay side" like earings (I'm not a gay basher I just don't really want people to think I'm gay) , any other important things I should know. By the way I'm not gonna change my mind, I want to do it, and my Gf thinks its hot. Thanks for the help in advance.
Founder of UG's Club

Quote by Kadaj
Yes, that's why it has big fangs, for tickling you with.

Quote by JC13
The banker has proposed an offer of FOUR BJ's...lucky911charms, Deal, or No deal?
Quote by lucky911charms
Ok I wanted to get a lip piercing, I want to get a loop and probably to the left side. I was wondering if I have to get parental consent, is there a "gay side" like earings (I'm not a gay basher I just don't really want people to think I'm gay) , any other important things I should know. By the way I'm not gonna change my mind, I want to do it, and my Gf thinks its hot. Thanks for the help in advance.

Any good shop will need parental consent if you're under 16 and some won't even do it with that.

If you're worried about a 'gay side' don't get the piercing. Get it because you want it and don't care about the judgement you will get. And no, there isn't *tuts*. And god damn, if you have a GIRLFRIEND then why care about a gay side???

In other news, I bought a new flesh tunnel today. Yay. It was cheap, I like the woman who runs the shop. She is nice . I sound like a retard but if you read the Doctor Who thread you will know why .
Quote by JoeBender
What about eyebrow piercings? They look kickass in my opinion, but I'd imagine they hurt like mofo because of all that skin they probably have to pinch up to pierce it. Anybody have one? Is it hard to maintain, and are you happy you got it?

Just recently had to take mine out due to infection caused by a nasty knock - depressing as hell as I absolutely loved my eyebrow piercing.

Really doesn't hurt at all to get done (believe me, I have a nipple done and that mofo was painful - I loved it).

Easy to look after and clean and the healing time is favourable - although you'll have to learn not to sleep on it so if you sleep on a certain side of your body, get it pierced on the other side!

Of all the piercings I have or have had (including a frenum piercing which I also took out while at a festival in donington last year) I'd say I was probably most pleased with the appearance of my eyebrow... if you want it enough, get it done!
What would you give...

to know the truth?
Quote by Teh Forest King
Im considering getting my ears pierced twice on each ear. Once on the lobe, and once on the cartilige. No gauges below 10. Those just look stupid.

Keep your asshat comments to yourself. This thread is supportive and informative. (And they're not called 'gauges'. The correct term is 'stretched piercings'; ASG(American Standard Gauge, or 'gauge') is a form of measurement used widely throughout the United States, whereas the rest of the world uses milimeters.

Also, piercings on the ear tend to look better if they aren't perfectly balanced. Consider getting the cartilage pierced in different spots on each ear.

Edit:
Quote by Alix_D
Yep, you have to have custom made jewler-whatsits to fit it.

That's just a surface bar. They can be hard to find some places, but if you go to a piercing parlor they will usually sell whatever you need for jewelry.
Last edited by ColdNovembeRain at Jun 16, 2007,
Quote by ColdNovembeRain
Keep your asshat comments to yourself. This thread is supportive and informative. (And they're not called 'gauges'. The correct term is 'stretched piercings'; ASG(American Standard Gauge, or 'gauge') is a form of measurement used widely throughout the United States, whereas the rest of the world uses milimeters.

Also, piercings on the ear tend to look better if they aren't perfectly balanced. Consider getting the cartilage pierced in different spots on each ear.

Gauge is the measurement, so if he's talking about not having any sizes below 10 and he lives in the US then you can't really argue with him.

I hate the word though . And definitely don't agree with him .