mike_rhd
485 IQ
hello! My friend has a nice guitar which has a nice bluesly sound with stock pickups. and a beautifull flamed maple.. The problem is the guitar brand.. On the headstock it's writen "Academy "... Does anyone know Academy guitars? I've seen only 2 of them: my friend's and one in my local music shop.And I can't find anything about them in the web.. If anyone knows anything please inform me...

Thanks in advance
spoonylove90
Always the Big Spoon
436 IQ
google?
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
mike_rhd
485 IQ
It's really strange.I've already search google and I found NOTHING!! I'm gonna blow up if I don't find something.. But thanks anyway.
Virtuoso883
Comfortably numb
653 IQ
Quote by spoonylove90
google?

Are you stupid? He already said he looked everywhere. Always with the same retarded word.
Maybe its made locally by someone who regards it as a hobby then calls them Academy :S.
Could you ask the shop keeper?
mike_rhd
485 IQ
mm... That seems to be a logical explanation.. I'll ask him. And I'll post pics of my friend's guitar as soon as possible to hear your opinion.. Thanks Virtuoso883
Broken-pick
2,465 IQ
That's your definition of a beautiful guitar???
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
mike_rhd
485 IQ
someone around here misunderstood..I said it's a nice guitar with a nice sound and I'm looking for info.... And thats' only your opinion.

Thanks for checking it out anyway...
Last edited by mike_rhd at May 9, 2007,
Hakanku
Tactician & Dreamweaver
283 IQ
I thought Academy was an entry-level kinda guitar, maybe I was wrong?
mike_rhd
485 IQ
Well, that's what I think too cause my friend got it in low price that I don't remember exactly....But this guitar has a nice sound. Does anyone know where are they made and if they are any good?
Gurgle!Argh!
-
1,444 IQ
it plays nice and sounds nice. ergo it is a nice guitar. you dont need a website to tell you that.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
USAPeavey
Starcraft Fanatic
1,733 IQ
Well I like it. The looks anyway....Reminds me of a PRS but more unique. Unique is good.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
J.MitMetallica
Ex guitar forum slogger
329 IQ
I dunno about anyone else, but those pickups look like Seymour Duncans, or those weird stock PRS ones, but I doubt it's those. If they are SDs, that probably explains why they sound better than you'd expect from a low price bracket guitar...
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
mike_rhd
485 IQ
Thanks for the info guys!! .It was really helpful..If you know or can find anything else I'd be grateful to hear it.
woodenbandman
Likes Dragonforce
1,139 IQ
REminds me of a Hellraiser/tempest hybrid. Awesome looks, so buy one if you like it.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
blooknight
10 IQ
Hi Mike,
Saw you inquiry regarding Academy guitars....first off they are made in Taiwan and some earlier ones were made in China. I saw them in an end of line store and took one out of the box to check it out. To be honest it was pretty amazing. I own 4 Les Pauls and 2 Strats and although the Academy is not where near their precision and quality I would still say they are amazing guitars. I played it through a little practice amp at the store and decided that for $120 it was worth the risk. I took it home and plugged it into a Marshall stack and spent the next 2 hours making it rock. It has a real rosewood fret board and maple neck and the frets bars were all smooth and felt great. The body is the same as Gibson's Les Paul's and the finish is excellent. I bought a sunburst Les Paul style and it had 2 humbucks and 3 single coils on it. I was cranking nearly every sound I could do on my real Les Paul from this copy. The knobs and switches are all pro quality and the whole thing gave the impression that I had made a good choice. So I scooted back and bought the white one and the gold one and now I play them as much as my real Les Pauls. They polish up great and when they are hanging beside the real thing you can't tell them apart until you look at the name and yes they use mother of pearl fret markers......looks 10/10,,,,,sound......8/10........feel......10/10.......for $120 you really can't go wrong.
alternitivebass
UG's John C. Reilly
100 IQ
Quote by blooknight
Hi Mike,
Saw you inquiry regarding Academy guitars....first off they are made in Taiwan and some earlier ones were made in China. I saw them in an end of line store and took one out of the box to check it out. To be honest it was pretty amazing. I own 4 Les Pauls and 2 Strats and although the Academy is not where near their precision and quality I would still say they are amazing guitars. I played it through a little practice amp at the store and decided that for $120 it was worth the risk. I took it home and plugged it into a Marshall stack and spent the next 2 hours making it rock. It has a real rosewood fret board and maple neck and the frets bars were all smooth and felt great. The body is the same as Gibson's Les Paul's and the finish is excellent. I bought a sunburst Les Paul style and it had 2 humbucks and 3 single coils on it. I was cranking nearly every sound I could do on my real Les Paul from this copy. The knobs and switches are all pro quality and the whole thing gave the impression that I had made a good choice. So I scooted back and bought the white one and the gold one and now I play them as much as my real Les Pauls. They polish up great and when they are hanging beside the real thing you can't tell them apart until you look at the name and yes they use mother of pearl fret markers......looks 10/10,,,,,sound......8/10........feel......10/10.......for $120 you really can't go wrong.

are you retarded this thread i like a year old and you sound like one of those people who claim they own so many guitars but thier cheapest is the best crap you find on musicians friends reviews and you obviously dont know about guitars because how are you going to fit 2 humbukers and 3 singlecoils on a guitar what kind of a pickup combo is that
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Last edited by alternitivebass at Oct 13, 2008,
Rimal
11 IQ
I have the academy guitar that you are talking about, i've had it for about 3 - 4 yrs now and its working fine, i got it at a really low price about 50 bucks ( brand new). I got it from this store XXcargo.
SGlover69
2,305 IQ
Quote by blooknight
Hi Mike,

LOL WUT
oneblackened
Better Than You At Mixing
3,300 IQ
Quote by Rimal
I have the academy guitar that you are talking about, i've had it for about 3 - 4 yrs now and its working fine, i got it at a really low price about 50 bucks ( brand new). I got it from this store XXcargo.

why the hell did you bump this?

*reported*
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (BKP C-Bomb/VHII)
ESP Horizon NT-7 (SD Full Shreds)
UA Apollo Twin Duo
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Focal Alpha 65 monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Feb 21, 2009,