Bloodsick
just pullin yer tit mate
555 IQ
Hey all here is a metal creation for you all. It is somewhat vader influenced, but then again it also sounds nothing like them at the same time .
It's about 3/4 done - the solo that it has at the moment is very incomplete, i still need to add a second more aggressive solo and a final chorus.

I was also thinking about putting a section where the keys take the main stage in front of a metal riff (not in the bridge!) but i don't know the right place to put it.

All constructive criticism welcome! and if you have a creation of your own id be happy to crit it for you.
The Powerslave
UG Senior Member
307 IQ
Thus far I'm enjoying that. I'm not a fan of the verse chorus where its straight 16ths, but thats personal taste, and that should be fine with vocals. The intro was very nice, but I think you should put a riff in before the chorus starts, as it doesnt really 'explode' in, like the intro would suggest it should. The post-chorus thing is fine, nothing spectacular, but does the job nicely. It took me a while to get the groove bit, but its pretty catchy. The slowdown bit is for the most part superb, and I cant really criticise it, which is rare for me. The solo is unfinished as you said, and all I can say is that its a bit slow maybe? Although this second solo you said about should help that. Overall damn good, although vocals will help make the verse and chorus more interesting, which is a criticism people have of this song of mine https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=586151.
"Their fate is in each others hands as they decide whether to share... or to shaft"
Robert Kilroy-Silk from his sadly shortlived quiz-show Shafted.

Member Number 7 of the Frank Zappa Appreciation Club. PM chocolatguitar to join.
Bloodsick
just pullin yer tit mate
555 IQ
Quote by The Powerslave
Thus far I'm enjoying that. I'm not a fan of the verse chorus where its straight 16ths, but thats personal taste, and that should be fine with vocals. The intro was very nice, but I think you should put a riff in before the chorus starts, as it doesnt really 'explode' in, like the intro would suggest it should. The post-chorus thing is fine, nothing spectacular, but does the job nicely. It took me a while to get the groove bit, but its pretty catchy. The slowdown bit is for the most part superb, and I cant really criticise it, which is rare for me. The solo is unfinished as you said, and all I can say is that its a bit slow maybe? Although this second solo you said about should help that. Overall damn good, although vocals will help make the verse and chorus more interesting, which is a criticism people have of this song of mine https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=586151.

I agree with the vocals thing - the verse riffs are very simplistic and percussive. I didn't want too much going on in the background to detract from the lyrics.
RedDeath9
UG's Nu/Shyguy
3,129 IQ
Most of it was pretty good, but stuff like the post chorus thing I didn't really like. I loved the groove verse thing. The slow down part was amazing, and the solo was ok...

Haha, sorry my crit was as thorough as Powerslave's, I would have gone riff by riff but I got lazy and just listened to the song...

7.9/10.