Page 1 of 126
TheDev01dOne
Hard Time Killin' Floor
1,081 IQ
The Telecaster is IMO the sexiest, hardest working guitar ever made. So let's have our own 'ULTIMATE' Telecaster thread shall we?

This is a haven for anything and everything Telecaster.

Post your pics/stories/reviews/ideas anything about Telecasters.

There will be no discrimination against brands Squiers and Tokai's and Schecters and any other brands count just as much as Fenders.

So go forth and let's get this thing happening!
TheDev01dOne
Hard Time Killin' Floor
1,081 IQ
This post is gonna be for a Gallery of Tele pictures.

So if you got any you want displayed post them and I'll edit them in!

Here's my Squier LE. Upgraded with Bare Knuckle Pickups Yardbirds and PW auto-trim locking tuners.

Last edited by TheDev01dOne at May 16, 2007,
lexaah
damn which guitar threads
184 IQ
me likey my bogey tele and even more when i slap them seymour duncans on it's cool it's heavy( in weight ^^) and plays nicely

/edit well eerm don't have any pics of it yet it'sat the paintshop ATM
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

mr_hankey
also available in 3D
834 IQ
I've got teh Lite Ash Telecaster. I'll see if I can post a good pic later (without amps and strats in it).
Last edited by mr_hankey at May 16, 2007,
merfsullivan
UG's Zombie Expert
274 IQ
I've got the MIM Fender Tele. It's sexy. Sunburst finish is the only way to fly. Does anyone know what gauge strings come on it stock?
Jonny92
I am the afro man.
566 IQ
I have a highway 1 series tele (Ash body)
its lovely

i can play absolutely anything on... from blues and jazz to heavy metal and even more

"Ein Herz von flimmernden Hirngespinsten,
Ohne Halt und ohne Boden.
Feuer des Winters,
Herr der Träume,
Vater aller Türen: Öffne!"
Paysage d'Hiver - Ich schreite
stratvoodoo
Banned
218 IQ
i want a tele so bad. im thinking about making one from warmoth parts, but im broke.
TheDev01dOne
Hard Time Killin' Floor
1,081 IQ
Warmoth is so expenive.I'd rather pay the extra to either get a good USA or get a complete custom made by a luthier. I'm awaiting funds to get my dream Tele built but I think it's goin to cost a fortune so I'll be waiting a while.
stratvoodoo
Banned
218 IQ
Quote by TheDev01dOne
Warmoth is so expenive.I'd rather pay the extra to either get a good USA or get a complete custom made by a luthier. I'm awaiting funds to get my dream Tele built but I think it's goin to cost a fortune so I'll be waiting a while.

i wouldnt say its really expensive. i think i could build a tele for about the same price as a mim tele and, assuming i finished it well, it would be at least a step above a mim.
woodenbandman
Likes Dragonforce
1,139 IQ
Ummm, you guys should also join the Fender Armada, and maybe make a tele division.

just saying...
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
mr_hankey
also available in 3D
834 IQ
Here we go:

Note the reversed control plate.
ctb
1,449 IQ
I still have my Lite Ash one, it's in the box now. I now use an Ibanez RG. I played the Tele again a few months later for old times sake and it weighed a bloody ton. I have no piccies though, sorry.

EDIT: And... everytime I tune-up or tune-down the 3rd string it goes twang really loudly, and it just completely un-tunes it. A bit of help if you don't mind, thanks.
mr_hankey
also available in 3D
834 IQ
^Bin the RG. The tele can at least take a beating. I wouldn't dare to do neck bends on an RG, but I (successfully) do it on my tele all the time. You can also throw it down the stairs without having to retune it (speaking from experience).

EDIT:
The string is sticking somewhere. This isn't a tele-specific problem, and there are plenty of threads about it.
Revrend.
Actually an atheist!
245 IQ
I've got a question, are there any pros with having a three-saddle bridge?
Mandatory gear list

Charvel Model 6 (1986)
Cort MR780FX
Epi Firebird VII
(Soon to be gone) Peavey Bandit 112
Soldano Hot Rod 50+ (1993)
Framus 212 (V30's)
mr_hankey
also available in 3D
834 IQ
Quote by Revrend.
I've got a question, are there any pros with having a three-saddle bridge?

Tone, sustain, looks.
ctb
1,449 IQ
Quote by mr_hankey
^Bin the RG. The tele can at least take a beating. I wouldn't dare to do neck bends on an RG, but I (successfully) do it on my tele all the time. You can also throw it down the stairs without having to retune it (speaking from experience).

EDIT:
The string is sticking somewhere. This isn't a tele-specific problem, and there are plenty of threads about it.

Thank you, i'll check that out. I shall not bin the RG though.
Gurgle!Argh!
-
1,444 IQ
not a tele, but it has tele esque design features; the neck is a telecaster neck and the body is a kinda tele/strat/mustang hybrid, but more towards the tele side. thats right kids, it a 1981 USA fender bullet. it has lovely pretty kluson deluxe tuners and a very unusual metal scratchplate/bridge fusion thing.

my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
mr_hankey
also available in 3D
834 IQ
By the way, I recommend every tele user to at least try turning the control plate around. It makes the switch harder to hit by accident, and brings the volume knob closer.
Blompcube
Registered User Error
4,278 IQ
I have 2 squier telecasters (standard and custom). I don't care that they aren't fenders, they sure are telecasters! i think i was lucky in finding squiers that pwn, because the quality of them can be very varied. I don't feel the need to get a fender tele, because i'm perfectly happy with my squiers.
Rig: (under construction)
1979 Yamaha SG1000
Fender Jazzmaster
1964 Vox AC30TB
A/B/Tuner box
A -> DIY fuzz, tremolo and boost -> normal channel
B -> compressor, chorus and delay -> brilliant channel
Boss TU-3/Talkbox
Last edited by Blompcube at May 16, 2007,
mr_hankey
also available in 3D
834 IQ
^Damn. Your guitar-to-amp spending ratio is very unbalanced.
Blompcube
Registered User Error
4,278 IQ
Quote by mr_hankey
^Damn. Your guitar-to-amp spending ratio is very unbalanced.

yeah... (actually i have no idea how much any of my amps cost, they've just always been there lol)
1979 Yamaha SG1000
Fender Jazzmaster
1964 Vox AC30TB
A/B/Tuner box
Boss TU-3/Talkbox
Random_Bassist
57 IQ
I'm really thinking about buying a MIM Tele when I pass my exams (oh god I hope I do :P) Midnight Wine is such a sexy finish in my opinion. What about the lite ash tele's, how do they compare to MIM's, cause I don't like their look as much as solid color Tele's, but if there's a good improvement in tone I'll think about it.
Make cupcakes, not war

Member #27 of the Electroharmonix users guild
mr_hankey
also available in 3D
834 IQ
Quote by Random_Bassist
I'm really thinking about buying a MIM Tele when I pass my exams (oh god I hope I do :P) Midnight Wine is such a sexy finish in my opinion. What about the lite ash tele's, how do they compare to MIM's, cause I don't like their look as much as solid color Tele's, but if there's a good improvement in tone I'll think about it.

They're a lot better IMO. Better bridge, better pickups, better wood, nicer neck.
Blompcube
Registered User Error
4,278 IQ
I saw a "blonde" tele today (i think that's what it had been called).. looked like rather than been painted and laquered, it had just been sneezed on.. it just looked nasty... light yellow with a green tint lol. But i think it was quite high spec, it had seymore duncans (do you spell it like that?). i expect it plays nicer than it looks... i just hated the colour of it.
1979 Yamaha SG1000
Fender Jazzmaster
1964 Vox AC30TB
A/B/Tuner box
Boss TU-3/Talkbox
mr_hankey
also available in 3D
834 IQ
Quote by Blompcube
I saw a "blonde" tele today (i think that's what it had been called).. looked like rather than been painted and laquered, it had just been sneezed on.. it just looked nasty... light yellow with a green tint lol. But i think it was quite high spec, it had seymore duncans (do you spell it like that?). i expect it plays nicer than it looks... i just hated the colour of it.

That does sound like it could be a Lite Ash, like mine:
GHJ
A Paw In My Face
86 IQ
My Jim Reed telecaster copy. Mahogany body, flamed maple top and kent armstrong pickups. Quite a good copy methinks.

...Bleep Bloop...
Jearl
yr bird.
118 IQ
i remember the first time i played a tele. i was blown away and knew that i had to have one. in january of this year i bought my MIM Tele. its an '06 model in electron blue.

teles, to me, have perfect tone. i love the way the neck pickup sounds with my blues driver
zeppelinpage4
1-800-GOLDEN-GOD
2,921 IQ
Quote by mr_hankey
I've got teh Lite Ash Telecaster. I'll see if I can post a good pic later (without amps and strats in it).

*Jealous* I played a lite ash tele it was one of the most playable guitars i've tried and some nice tones.

I still look back and wonder why I didn't get it when I had the chance.

Don't own a telecaster but I want one a lot, if I weren't saving for a new amp.....must get tele. LOL pointless telecaster rant anywho they're very nice and I hope to own one someday perhaps someday soon.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at May 16, 2007,
Revrend.
Actually an atheist!
245 IQ
I'm thinking of buying a tele, I just love the sound and versatility. Any suggestions on a tele, there just so many of them! I'm looking for a tele to mod a bit, so nothing to expensive, around 600 $. The only criteria I have is that the guitar is made out of a resonably good tone wood, that it has 22 frets, preferably jumbo or extra jumbo and that it has room for 2 single-coils (ie the usual tele setting). I have no problems with buying used, since i'm modding it anyway.

Thanx for any help, I'm hoping that it isn't wrong to post this here.

Btw, Favourite tele player is probably Jari from Wintersun, followed by a tie between John 5 and Ritchie Kotzen
Mandatory gear list

Charvel Model 6 (1986)
Cort MR780FX
Epi Firebird VII
Framus 212 (V30's)
zeppelinpage4
1-800-GOLDEN-GOD
2,921 IQ
Quote by Revrend.
I'm thinking of buying a tele, I just love the sound and versatility. Any suggestions on a tele, there just so many of them! I'm looking for a tele to mod a bit, so nothing to expensive, around 600 $. The only criteria I have is that the guitar is made out of a resonably good tone wood, that it has 22 frets, preferably jumbo or extra jumbo and that it has room for 2 single-coils (ie the usual tele setting). I have no problems with buying used, since i'm modding it anyway.

Thanx for any help, I'm hoping that it isn't wrong to post this here.

Btw, Favourite tele player is probably Jari from Wintersun, followed by a tie between John 5 and Ritchie Kotzen

I think the Lite Ash Tele costs around that much, I only played it once but it was a great guitar when I tried it. Looks good too and ash seems like a pretty nice wood for guitars.

Edit: Here http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Lite-Ash-Telecaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=511339
Just a little over your budget but i'd look into that guitar.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Revrend.
Actually an atheist!
245 IQ
Quote by zeppelinpage4
I think the Lite Ash Tele costs around that much, I only played it once but it was a great guitar when I tried it. Looks good too and ash seems like a pretty nice wood for guitars.

Yea that seems pretty nice, a store near me has a sale on the black version of it, I'm thinking of getting it. It's a tiny bit out of my price range (680 $ here), but it's got pretty nice pickups which means that I can post pone the pup switch for a while. I'm gonna try it out next time I got to a music store.
Mandatory gear list

Charvel Model 6 (1986)
Cort MR780FX
Epi Firebird VII
Framus 212 (V30's)
tbsff_7
aka brendan
279 IQ
mr hankey how hard is it to switch the control plate around?
gear:
fender mim telecaster w/ some extra stuff
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1
Cal UK
Viktor Vaughn
740 IQ
Quote by pugnapugnapugna
Yeah it's a like a cream white. I prefer it over just the generic white.

Is that the Arctic White colour option that most shops/sites have? I'd love to have just a good old MIM tele in that colour. Would it be possilbe to get a Tele and buy a thinner neck off Warmoth? 'Cause I adore telecasters but the neck is just a little too big for me, although I suppose if I got used to it........
BTW anyone else subscribed to this thread yet?
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?