Page 2 of 20
Quote by RHCP94
Thanks!

Off "Sketches For My Sweetheart The Drunk" try 'Everyone here wants you'. Great song. Also try and find "What Will You Say" which I believe is one of his best songs while never being released.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Quote by matt bickerton
Is the hallelujah video like newly released or something?

Just I'd NEVER seen it before, but then yesterday I saw it 2 times in the same day

It's a crap version for that new CD they've brought out.
I assume they're using it as a single to promote it.

Quote by WyldeGibsonPlyr
Its amazing how many people who say they love Jeff, yet have no idea who Leonard Cohen is. .

Why the wink?
I don't believe anyone here has said it was actually written by Jeff...

Bit confused as to why 'Amazing Grace...' was postponed. Bit of a shame, been looking forward to seeing that for about a year now.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
An article i read the other day mentioned a documentary about Jeff called "Goodbye And Hello", made in 2000 as a graduation project by student Jasmina Fekovic. She got permission from Jeff's mother Mary Guibert, but once she saw the finished product she changed her mind and had it banned. And it's pretty obvious why.
It will probably never be released, but it's on youtube in 5 parts:
1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rMlwKM_3M
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJwtzjAohzI
3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOlmyzEXEAw
4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqo-jNCoJLs
5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peqbQg-O7uk
You may have seen it already but i found it really interesting.
^thanks for posting that, just watched it, very interesting

The only of jeff buckleys work I own is 'Grace' but I'm looking to buy something else

any recommendations as to what my next buckley purchase should be?
Quote by matt bickerton

The only of jeff buckleys work I own is 'Grace' but I'm looking to buy something else

any recommendations as to what my next buckley purchase should be?

Live At Sin-é, without a doubt.
Quote by LKW
Live At Sin-é, without a doubt.

Get the e Legacy Version, way more stuff and some unreleased gold. My favourites off it are "Calling You", "If You Knew" and "I Shall Be Released". The stripped down versions of songs off Grace are great too.
The Legacy edition of Grace is a fantastic release. The second disc has some real gems and some real "wtf" moments - Alligator Wine
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
bought grace the other day
did NOT get into it.

sure hallelujah is one of the best songs EVER but ..... thats all i got into
Thanks for all the recommendations guys, Hallelujah and some of the others off Grace are really good.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Hallelujah isn't even one of my favourite Buckley tracks. It's truly beautiful... but once you start to get into Buckleys unique songwriting style, you never really go back. The trick is getting into it in the first place. It took me a while for it to click.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
I only recently discovered him a few months back. I'm still not sure what actually made me pick up 'Grace', considering nobody else in my family and none of my friends had heard of or listened to anything by either him or his father, but I'm incredibly glad I got it.
From there, went on and bought 'Mystery White Boy: Live 1995 - 1996' and 'Live At The Siné'; the guy is absolutely amazing.

Very underappreciated songwriter, surprisingly talented guitar player and of course, as everybody knows, that killer voice of his.

Favourite songs would have to be: Hallelujah, Lover You Should've Come Over and Last Goodbye off of 'Grace,' The Man That Got Away, I Woke Up In A Strange Place and Mojo Pin off of 'Mystery White Boy,' and Eternal Life at the Siné.

Yeah, I really love this guys' music; why is it that the best always always seem to die off or fade into obscurity so early damnit?
Last edited by SomeEvilDude at Mar 4, 2008,
Righto then, well it's the tenth aniversary of Jeff's death today, so needless to say the day will be consisted of playing all the music of his I own at very loud volumes.
respect to that. im going to play wave goodbye tonight at my gig in honor!!!
(thats the song about JB on chris cornells solo album!)
Quote by SomeEvilDude
Righto then, well it's the tenth aniversary of Jeff's death today, so needless to say the day will be consisted of playing all the music of his I own at very loud volumes.

I have been listening to Jeff already this morning forgetting what the date was. Now I will remember him and I will also just play his music today, very loudly.
I just watched him in 'Live in Chicage' and all i can say is wow. The intesnsity that he has when he performs is mind blowing, its af if the songs are a part of him.
Rest in peace Jeff.
Anyone know if the new jeff buckley compilation has the old (good) version of Hallelujah or the newer one?
in fact, what a stupid end.... he didn't deserve it... his voice was too wonderful.... what a pity! and his life was so hard because of his father's absence....
Last edited by mallutoItaly at Jun 9, 2007,
Great singer, I heard his live shows were really intense.
"Physics is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." - Richard Feynman
and what do you think about "so real" and "eternal life"?
But my favorite one is "grace".....
i didn't know jeff buckley, then i saw on mtv the video of the song.... there were also some subtitles about the life and music of jeff.... then i bought the album (for about 15 Euro)

But have you ever heard even tim buckley? his voice is really great too
Quote by ComaDivine

Also, if you haven`t heard Chris Cornell`s song Wave Goodbye from Euphoria Morning that was dedicated to Jeff Buckley, you should have a listen.. It`s awesome.

I have. It's an outstanding album and a really touching song. People around here should give Cornell a chance.

Quote by mallutoItaly
But have you ever heard even tim buckley? his voice is really great too

Tim is also a great musician. I still prefer Jeffs work, but there's no doubting that Tim is fantastic.
I love Jeff. Its a shame he was taken so early. My favourite song besides the obvious Hallelujah would be lover you should come over, or Corpus Christi Carol. He had such a lovely voice.
^ . Love Corpus Christi Carol. So Real, Eternal Life, Grace, Mojo Pin. The whole Grace album is fantastic. He was a great singer and songwriter. Shame he had a mad moment, which cost him his life.
It's gonna be a blue day
lilac wine is a fave of mine and of course the legendary halleluja.
real shame he died.
so many people think of his singing as being so special. but man, his guitar playing is nuts.

he wouldn't have been anywhere near as special if he was singing over some cliched 4 chord pop rock garbage. he wasn't into big solos, but he had such great dark melodies and moody parts in his songs. and they were always so unique sounding.

like dream brother, awesome stuff.
If you take home anything,
let it be your will to think,
the more cynical you become,
the better off you'll be.
^ Indeed. I liked the many different styles he could play and showed in his playing.
It's gonna be a blue day
Love his cover of Satisfied Mind, learning to play it on guitar as well its soo good
Lover You Should've Come Over is my favourite song not just of his, but of everything. Jeff was so special... RIP
Performing thread necromancy.

I was recently exposed to this artist after catching the video for Grace on VH1. I actually was baffled at the fact that I let such genius out of my music library.

Amazing artist, and the single biggest loss the music world has experienced in the past 15 years.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
I absolutely love The whole Grace album, Its easily in my Top 10 favorites of all time.
Quote by sneyob
Saw extended blue dick,
clicked X.

Sorry,
force of habit

Quote by Bmm386

There is only one solution. We need to bomb outer space. That should show those terrorist bastards who's who
Ah, Jeff Buckley...the voice of god.

I've really gotten in to him this whole summer, he's great.
The.
I'm in the process of converting the whole world to the way of Jeff. So far, I've bought Grace for four different people, all of whom have loved it.

Trouble is, once I've started listening to him, I can't listen to anything else 'coz no-one compares... I should really get another of his albums. I was thinking the Legacy Edition of Live at Sin-e, thoughts?
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by Strat_Monkey
I'm in the process of converting the whole world to the way of Jeff. So far, I've bought Grace for four different people, all of whom have loved it.

Trouble is, once I've started listening to him, I can't listen to anything else 'coz no-one compares... I should really get another of his albums. I was thinking the Legacy Edition of Live at Sin-e, thoughts?

I prefer Mystery White Boy.
The.
I love Jeff Buckley. I've just recently gotten into him after I heard his cover of Led Zeppelin's Night Flight. After that, I fell in love with Lover, You Should've Come Over, Grace, Lilac Wine, and obviously Hallelujah.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID