Page 3 of 20
Quote by JimmyStradlin33
I recently got that album ^ brilliant. To Kartman, where did you hear this cover of Night Flight?

only place i've ever heard night flight is on the "live at sin-e" album which is absolutely fantastic by the way
Quote by stomhawki
only place i've ever heard night flight is on the "live at sin-e" album which is absolutely fantastic by the way

The extended, 2 hour one, right?

It's incredible. I might download live a l'olympia now.
I still need the live at sin-e album. Totally gutted that I'm skint

Last Goodbye =

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
This thread better not die again. Jeff Buckley truely was amazing. He would have achieved so much more had he not died.

has no signature.
Is the live at sin-e album different to the dvd? I only have the dvd it's amazing, but it doesn't have night flight on. Is it worth getting the cd if you have the dvd? Also same question regarding the extended version of grace?
Quote by JimmyStradlin33
Is the live at sin-e album different to the dvd? I only have the dvd it's amazing, but it doesn't have night flight on. Is it worth getting the cd if you have the dvd? Also same question regarding the extended version of grace?

There's a dvd??

I must have it!
^ There was a 3 disc set released 5/6 years ago with one of the discs being a DVD.
Tried getting it recently and found it was tricky to pick up. Managed to find one on ebay eventually but was a bit surprised I couldn't find more copies of it.
Great set though, definitely one worth picking up.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Whilst I like what I've heard of Jeff Buckley (I've got Grace and Mystery White Boy), I can't help but think there is a massive amount of hype surrounding his potential. I also think that his high-end vocals can become very grating after a while.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Quote by cagnius
Whilst I like what I've heard of Jeff Buckley (I've got Grace and Mystery White Boy), I can't help but think there is a massive amount of hype surrounding his potential. I also think that his high-end vocals can become very grating after a while.

I agree a little bit on both the hype and high-end vocals, I just think it's incredibly sad that his life was cut short.

I don't think it was fair for Cornell to release Sketches when Jeff was going to scrap it and start again either.
Quote by cagnius

Um... that might be because there is a lot of hype surrounding his potential? If you are trying to say its not deserved I have to say I disagree. Personally I believe he could have done so much more. And even if he hadn't made greater music then 'Grace' he still would of released more music that we could listen to.

I do however agree with your comment about his high pitched vocals. They can get very annoying after listening to him for a while.

has no signature.
Love his vocals, I prefer them to Matt Bellamy's, even though they're very similar. Corpus Christi Carol is a great cover.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Andrewbiles
^ There was a 3 disc set released 5/6 years ago with one of the discs being a DVD.
Tried getting it recently and found it was tricky to pick up. Managed to find one on ebay eventually but was a bit surprised I couldn't find more copies of it.
Great set though, definitely one worth picking up.

I have it! It's pretty cool, picked it up in Greenwich (London, not NY). Predictably enough, nothing on the extra disc is on a par with the actual album, and the DVD's decent, but nothing you couldn't YouTube. Worth it for obsessive completists, nonetheless.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Yeah, the first CD is definitely the better of the two but I think the set was worth it for the DVD. I love that version of 'kick out the jams'. The prayer thing at the end annoys me every time though.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
JEFF BUCKLEY RULES!!!

As far as the 2nd disc of Sketches...goes i only really like Satisfied Mind, I Know We Could.... & Haven't You Heard. People say it's 'all about the feel' but as far as Murder Suicide Meteor Slave goes i can barely pick a song out! The Sky is a Landfill, morning Theft, Dream Brother & Lover You Should've Come Over are definatly my favourites though!

Amen to johnny_tapia as well!

Small writing in the middle of big sig.

Quote by EEE_ELLL_OHH

Amen to johnny_tapia as well!

Although I must admit I only have Grace. Did he release anything else?
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Quote by johnny_tapia

Although I must admit I only have Grace. Did he release anything else?

Well there's Sketches for my Sweetheart the Drunk which was like a 2-disc posthumous release and is half almost finished studio tracks and half basically filled with mostly half-arsed 4-track recordings of just Jeff on his own but are really quite shit quality they'd probably be awesome with a full band and everything though but yeah Grace is awesome ehh?

Ah I see. I might have to look into that then

Yeah I love Grace. I have been listening to it a lot recently
Quote by atomkat
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Quote by johnny_tapia
Ah I see. I might have to look into that then

Yeah I love Grace. I have been listening to it a lot recently

You totally should if you plan on buying then best bet is tinternet but it's worth it. And i need to be 'in the mood' generally to listen to him so i dont listen to him as much as i'd like to.

Quote by EEE_ELLL_OHH
You totally should if you plan on buying then best bet is tinternet but it's worth it. And i need to be 'in the mood' generally to listen to him so i dont listen to him as much as i'd like to.

I will probably download it first to be honest. Skint at the moment
Quote by atomkat
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Quote by EEE_ELLL_OHH

im the same way. i really have to be in a certain mood in order to listen and enjoy grace. But im in that mood very often so i listen to the album all the time
good for you, wanna freakin medal!!

just joshin. Thats a lot of material. I ddnt know he even had that much
I'd love a medal and possibly a cookie too. I don't normally like to show off, but I'm quite a drooling idiot when it comes to my JB collection. I'd brag to the pope about it. No shame at all!
140hrs? Like flea's trumpet ssaid, I didn't know he had that much stuff. Did you get a decent torrent or can you buy it? I'd love to hear his b-sides and outtakes.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I'd don't believe that anyone would have 140 hours of JB material to be quite honest...

Quote by EEE_ELLL_OHH
I'd don't believe that anyone would have 140 hours of JB material to be quite honest...

Why not? There are people out there who have even more than I do. He didn't release Grace and then just sit around. He toured non stop for about 2 1/2 years. Not to mention the material he performed during his cafe days and post-Grace.

http://img48.imageshack.us/my.php?image=11447853dg4.png

That's 128 hrs worth of audio, not counting his release with Gary Lucas and various unsorted gigs. As for video, I've 7 dvds of live concerts. All in all, it's well over 140 hrs.

Most of these were acquired by snail mail trading with others. Some were by torrents, but I have dial-up so that's always a last resort. Everything that can be bought has been bought. I only dabble in unreleased material.

Sir I give you kudos,you sure do love your Jeff Buckley. That is one amazing collection you have there.
Quote by sneyob
Saw extended blue dick,
clicked X.

Sorry,
force of habit

Quote by Bmm386

There is only one solution. We need to bomb outer space. That should show those terrorist bastards who's who
Seriously is. I'll probably get Live At Sin-é when I next see it, I've been meaning to for ages >.>

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Acoustic#3
*Proof that i'm(me writing) a douche.*

Well i'm sorry i doubted you

Got the ole Sketches second disc out yesterday..... Still struggling to make sense of half of it

Quote by Freaky_Styley
Sir I give you kudos,you sure do love your Jeff Buckley. That is one amazing collection you have there.

That I do! Thanks.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Seriously is. I'll probably get Live At Sin-é when I next see it, I've been meaning to for ages >.>

When I first heard the opening track, I was in complete shock. Just closed my eyes and stopped everything I was doing. Judging from their reactions, it sounds like the audience did the same.

Quote by EEE_ELLL_OHH
Well i'm sorry i doubted you

Got the ole Sketches second disc out yesterday..... Still struggling to make sense of half of it

The 4-track demos are fantastic. You can tell how comfortable he was compared to what they recorded with Tom Verlaine.
I have just started downloading a torrent of Jeff's stuff. Can't wait till it's finished
Quote by atomkat
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
i just finished listening to hallelujah.
Quote by megadeth rule
how do you trip on acid? was your shoelace untied?

Quote by perry589
Mikko, you remind me of a clogged up toilet. You're the poo that won't go away.
Quote by Acoustic#3
When I first heard the opening track, I was in complete shock. Just closed my eyes and stopped everything I was doing. Judging from their reactions, it sounds like the audience did the same..

I love his rendition of that song. He helped get me into Nina Simone. I've been listening to Grace a lot lately and it's amazing. The thing that made Jeff's singing so special to me was his dynamics. Like in Mojo Pin, right after the first heavy section where he lets out that huge scream and then he gradually lets his voice get softer. It gives me chills every time. Man he was unbelievable.
Quote by ohhey9040
I love his rendition of that song. He helped get me into Nina Simone. I've been listening to Grace a lot lately and it's amazing. The thing that made Jeff's singing so special to me was his dynamics. Like in Mojo Pin, right after the first heavy section where he lets out that huge scream and then he gradually lets his voice get softer. It gives me chills every time. Man he was unbelievable.

Same here. Nina Simone is great. You can definitely hear Jeff in her and vice versa. Spot on with the vocal description. I've heard people say that he over-sings, but that's rubbish. He completely understood dynamics, and I believe that is something he took from Nusrat. That's what makes Grace such a rewarding listen.
I'm four songs into Grace and I am floored, Where has this album been all my Music listening life(which is relatively short)
Jeff Buckley was a god among men, and in my opinion the greatest singer this world will ever see

he had a 6-octave range! Freddie Mercury had 4!
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
I have:
Grace
Sketches For My Sweetheart The Drunk (2-disc)
So Real: Songs From Jeff Buckley
and Live At Sin-E
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash