Page 5 of 20
Its not really a deep seeded point by point conclusion

Matt B. has cited Buckley as his greatest vocal influence. And Corpus Christie Carol is 90 % falsetto like a certain Track off of OoS we know. Letting loose with your vocal abilities is a staple of both albums.
Is the Glastonbury Pro shot available for purchase/dl anywhere? there's only that one video on Youtube, and it was so spot on, I need to see as much as there is.
Quote by hippotato7
Is the Glastonbury Pro shot available for purchase/dl anywhere? there's only that one video on Youtube, and it was so spot on, I need to see as much as there is.

Afraid not. I'm not sure if the JB estate has secured the rights to release it.

Only Mojo Pin & What Will You Say are known to have been filmed. Such a shame because the entire set was fantastic.

I've heard rumors that the Meltdown Festival gig was filmed. Seeing Dido's Lament and Corpus Christi being performed would be a religious experience.
I'm watching Live In Chicago right now, could not stop cracking up during his banter with the roadie with the Soundgarden shirt on

Holy shit Last Goodbye

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Have his album and never really listened much outside of Hallelujah, then had his album on while I was going to sleep the other night and jizzed several hundred times.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Quote by sebastian_96
Have his album and never really listened much outside of Hallelujah, then had his album on while I was going to sleep the other night and jizzed several hundred times.

Good news! you dont have to see a doctor because that's normal. wooo
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I'm watching Live In Chicago right now, could not stop cracking up during his banter with the roadie with the Soundgarden shirt on

I love that part. Especially when he stage dives at the end.
The.
I can not express to you guys how much I like " I Want Someone Badly" to do a 50's era ballad is gutsy and awesome, even if it was a B side
This is pretty cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNkWJpc0Mvo

A compilation of some of JB's best screams and vocal performances. I saw one for Bellamy and Thom Yorke. About time someone made one for Buckley.

Quote by hippotato7
I can not express to you guys how much I like " I Want Someone Badly" to do a 50's era ballad is gutsy and awesome, even if it was a B side

Yeah, that's a great song. He did that for a movie. Although, I can't recall the name. Speaking of movies, Quentin Tarantino asked Buckley to compose the theme song for Pulp Fiction. The offer was refused.
Last edited by Acoustic#3 at May 7, 2009,

my desktop background. I took a stock one from a Jeff Buckley image search and colored the left side black, I like it better.

as if I need a reason to bump the Buckley Thread
Cool picture, but the half-black, half-white background reminds me too much of Scarface.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Quote by Skirvy
He had the most epic death ever.

Getting sucked under the wake of a passing steamboat isn't exactly what I would call epic.
Edit. This is neat-o

Quote by hippotato7
I would say the saddest and lamest

Exactly. There's no mystique. I don't get the fixation on his death.
Last edited by Acoustic#3 at May 14, 2009,
I love the staying single part. Also, look at the hair! He looks like an anime fan that sleeps on a mattress on the floor. I much prefer this side to him:

He really is a good looking guy.

>.>

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I love the staying single part. Also, look at the hair! He looks like an anime fan that sleeps on a mattress on the floor. I much prefer this side to him:

He really is a good looking guy.

>.>

It's ok James, He was a handsome dude.

Also at my old apartment I slept on a Mattress on the floor
Quote by hippotato7
It's ok James, He was a handsome dude.

Also at my old apartment I slept on a Mattress on the floor

Do you watch anime?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by hippotato7
nah

and it was comfortable too damnit

Fair do's.

I love the Alternate Take of Dream Brother on the So Real disc.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Acoustic#3
Edit. This is neat-o

God, he was such an ugly looking kid, and then he just turned in to this great looking guy...who knew.

lol.
The.
I fell asleep on the train listening to Mr. Buckley. So peaceful.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Blows my mind that he was a smoker.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
The Sky Is A Landfill is one of my favourite songs by him. The chorus is so uplifting, amazing stuff.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
The Sky Is A Landfill is one of my favourite songs by him. The chorus is so uplifting, amazing stuff.

The Knitting factory bootleg in the link as a performance of that song, I love it
I'll DL it when my internet resets itself. Have you by any chance got the bootleg of Jeff Buckley singing Bob Dylan down the phone to a radio station?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I'll DL it when my internet resets itself. Have you by any chance got the bootleg of Jeff Buckley singing Bob Dylan down the phone to a radio station?

Nah, I don't and it doesn't appear to be on that site either, Even tho there are a ****load of random rares at the bottom
Quote by paulgenovo
No love for I Know It's Over?

On the one there is a Hallelujah Medley with that song and it's a good time
I love Everybody Here Wants You, especially when his voice harmonizes with itself. Mindblowing.
Here's a performance by the guy who wrote both Grace and Mojo Pin. The one and only Gary Lucas. Fantastic guitar player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsPpAitcX1c&feature=channel_page

Quote by Zero-Hartman

Hah! I don't know about the anime part, but I wouldn't be surprised if he slept on the floor, as that was how he slept in Memphis. He was only worth about $20,000, when he passed. His shotgun house was stocked with furniture donated by friends and some that he found discarded in alleyways.

Quote by hippotato7
The Knitting factory bootleg in the link as a performance of that song, I love it

Yeah, the Knitting Factory version is excellente.

Quote by Zero-Hartman

One of my favorite performances. Every Buckley fan should hear it. It's actually in the link hippotato7 posted. Look for "I Shall Be Released (phone conversation-)"
Last edited by Acoustic#3 at May 19, 2009,
^ Ooh excellent, thanks.

He was only worth $20k? Srsly. He wasn't in it for the money for the most part then eh, he always seem to be enjoying himself as a musician.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
^ Ooh excellent, thanks.

He was only worth $20k? Srsly. He wasn't in it for the money for the most part then eh, he always seem to be enjoying himself as a musician.

He actually didn't find out about his monetary situation until he wanted to buy that shack in Memphis. It was $40,000. Jeff went to the bank and was stunned to find out how little he really had. 3 years touring his ass off on the road and nothing financially to show for it.

Anyway here's another high school pic:
loara5.jpg - 0.11MB
best singer of a generation. my voice teacher agrees. guitar work so intricate. emotionally vulnerable and depe. he was doing it when no one else was. a legend that will be missed.
Quote by Top_Shelf
best singer of a generation. my voice teacher agrees. guitar work so intricate. emotionally vulnerable and depe. he was doing it when no one else was. a legend that will be missed.

+1. We know.
Quote by Acoustic#3
He actually didn't find out about his monetary situation until he wanted to buy that shack in Memphis. It was $40,000. Jeff went to the bank and was stunned to find out how little he really had. 3 years touring his ass off on the road and nothing financially to show for it.

Anyway here's another high school pic:
loara5.jpg - 0.11MB

Poor bastard.

I don't like this photograph:

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.