prs22
UG Newbie
591 IQ
So ive been in a lot of bands most of which were pretty much anything goes as long as its respectful and adds to the songs. My current band basically look at me to lead things..the other guy wrote songs but they are 1 minute long so when i try to extend and arrange (because he wont) he gets pissed but he never ever speaks his mind.

Wondering what the normal boundaries are for you in bands and if you have equal input with everyone or if you have to do it all.
any14doomsday
Chief of Acid Police
295 IQ
Equal input is nice, but sometime you have to cut the BS and make things happen man
New Demos (Oct. 11)

Dropoutoflifewithbonginhand
followthesmoke
towardtherifffilledland

Gear:
Vantage Mystery model Electric Guitar
Peavy TNT 115 Mid 80's model USA
Russian Big Muff
Ibanez 5 string
christianbassis
UG Senior Member
601 IQ
,y band sucks SOOOOO much arse. im lookin for a new one. My current is all about the drummer, whos gay, literally. And our singer is messed up too.
GEAR
Guitar
Ibanez RG42DX
Peavey Valveking100
Avatar 4x12 cabinet w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Line 6 Spider 3
DOD Flanger
Ernie Ball Strings
Bass
Dean Edge 4
Peavey TNT 135
GHS Strings
Teh1337Hax0rz
89 IQ
in my old band we would just jam everything out but usually i'm the one who brought the riffs with me for us to jam
Quote by AzureNight
Don't worry guys, he's just bitter because he has a small dick.

Quote by Alexander_BR
You know that good feeling when you take a crap, gay sex is like that

Proud member of the Cardboard Mafia. Search "free boxes" for info.
prs22
UG Newbie
591 IQ
basically we play Tool/Mastodon style stuff so everything has to be meticulously tabbed and mp3'd to remember structures and time sigs so its tough.

What about talking about other players riffs/drum parts or tones?. It seems like a touchy subject but i am happy with anyone saying whatever to me..however a former bandmate sneaked in early and changed my settings on my amp which was a bit much.
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
i would just talk to them. In my band if we dont like the way something sounds we talk about it and try and fix it as a band
whalepudding
UG Lovely Member
954 IQ
I think band members should be able to say so if they think something's $$$$ or they think a certain part should be changed. Sometimes other people can see flaws in things you thought were perfect, and make them so much better. All members should be able to say no to any suggestion aswell. though. But that's just what works for me.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
METSOAD
Bass Man
2,689 IQ
band members should be able to talk, if they keep quiet then nothing will change
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!