the laney vc series seems to be a quite highly reccomended piece of kit, and i'm gonna go check some out this week down denmark street
but probably buy off GAK.co.uk
just wondered if people think its better to spend the £42 extra to buy the vc30-210 (£339) or just get the vc30-210 for £297
did i mention i want an amp i can practice on yet stil do the occassional gigg with
using an epiphone les paul standard with seymour duncan pick ups, not sure what there called, sweet 50's or something
best if you can try both... if you're in london, the wembley guitar centre had laneys last time i was there (best if you ring them though). i don't remember seeing any in denmark street (though they may have them now, obviously).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ the 2x10 is more expensive.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think he meant the 2x12 was the more expensive one.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by forsaknazrael
Yeah, the 2x10 was really nice, and I imagine would push more air than the 1x12, but from what I know...the 1x12 would have a bigger bottom end. I'd go for the 1x12, personally.

I like the punchiness and responsiveness of 10" speakers, but I don't think I'd be inclined to spend that much more for the 2x10 combo. Probably better to hold onto that money, and eventually upgrade the single speaker in the 1x12.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Im getting a vc30 soon - yay for me
And most of the guys posting in here have helped me alot and i cant thank them enough

Ive chosen the single speaker 112 version in the intention of just hooking up another cab if needed
i'd probably go for the 1x12 based on weight, too. and buy an extension cab if you're that worried...

best to try them though. i've only tried the 1x12, for all i know the 2x10 might sound loads better, lol.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
With the thing about upgrading speakers..the new vox ac30's use the neomidium magnet speakers and they can cover a whole spectrum of tonal ranges..so would that be a good choice for that?
^ there's a variety of models with different speakers.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by forsaknazrael
^They do? I thought they have Celestion Blues?

Not all of them - some have the blues - others have the neomidium one
Quote by PapaSmurph
With the thing about upgrading speakers..the new vox ac30's use the neomidium magnet speakers and they can cover a whole spectrum of tonal ranges..so would that be a good choice for that?

I have the bastard child of the AC30 family, the CC1 with the Neodog speaker, and I'm significantly happier with it than I expeced to be. It would definitely be a solid option for the VC30.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^ plus, you can upgrade the speaker later.

though here, it's a harder choice... the vc30 is only about half (ok, maybe pushing 2/3, but depending on where you buy) the price of the ac30. but were they the same, i'd take the ac30.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?