bodaciousbass
77 IQ
I have a gig tonight with a friend. We are an acoustic duet and we've been asked to play a gig at pretty short notice. I need help choosing some nice easy songs to learn and play in a few hours.

We already have on really nice original and we were going to jam out knocking on heavens door *sigh* with plenty of finger picking.

We could do whiskey in a jar but we don't really want to we thought about good riddance but it doesn't fit in with the more mellow stuff we are playing.

So we would much appreciate some suggestions from you guys at UG.
SomeEvilDude
Government Conspiracy
627 IQ
'Wish You Were Here' - Pink Floyd, seems the obvious choice to me.

Or hell, maybe do an acoustic version of Neil Young's 'Cowgirl In The Sand'. That'd be awesome.
PullTigerTail
Canned
316 IQ
turn into by the yeah yeah yeahs sounds quite nice on acoustic and its really easy to play.
Hey Meg.
Proud of you.
Ramblin'_Man
UG's Reggae fanatic
1,959 IQ
theres ripple, friend of the devil, behind blue eyes, little martha, people are strange, wonderful tonight, tears in heaven, over the hills and faraway, simple man, all i can do is write about it, hey hey my my, old man, the joker and everything they said. goodluck
ihaveatail
I neversaiditwason MY ass
689 IQ
if you don't mind southern rock, sweet home alabama is a nice duet. do one lead one rhythm then you can switch. not a hard song to learn either. very catchy too.
Cookie for me?
RobertEarlKeen
The Other One
322 IQ
Sympathy for the Devil, The Road Goes On Forever, Pancho and Lefty, Sweet Virginia, Bubbles in my Beer, Babe, I'm Gonna Leave Ya, Whenever Kindness Fails, Mama's Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys...these are songs that I would pull out for a quick addition to a set list for a mellow acoustic track.
eckmann88
Mr. Awesome
1,172 IQ
Dierks Bentley - Long Trip Alone
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space
ECistheBest
Makes Pedals for YOU!
1,824 IQ
key to the highway?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Salvial
You'd better listen.
227 IQ
3 Libras - A Perfect Circle

Playing guitar is NOT a sport.

Let the RABBITS wear GLASSES
]
QuiteTheFellow
Pastafarian.
1,200 IQ
Dust in the wind. =P
Quote by cubedeathk

No my friends Dinosaurs walked this earth with Man.

spaminator101
397 IQ
Quote by Ramblin'_Man
theres ripple, friend of the devil, behind blue eyes, little martha, people are strange, wonderful tonight, tears in heaven, over the hills and faraway, simple man, all i can do is write about it, hey hey my my, old man, the joker and everything they said. goodluck

+1 to little martha, also try some other brothers tunes, mellisa, old friend(new, from hittin the note)
[member of UG's Slide Player Legion
PM Shedmeiser101 to join if your feelin dem blues
Nic Play Guitar
591 IQ
Just go wild with the Jack Johnson back catalogue...
Too much gain = Ears in pain