NFXtreme
I'm Not Crazy
795 IQ
My band, The Fret Boys, have written four songs, but none of them have lyrics. I have written lyrics for Second Chance, but they aren't in the File Information bit. Anyway, here they are:

The Authority Song
Second Chance
Look Back In Anger
Control The Media Control The Minds

I will go through with that Crit 4 Crit Crap that goes on around here. Any suggestions for improvement would be accepted.
rodrigomierh
havok 32
949 IQ
the authority song : i didn't like the leads at the end of the verses, they don't sound quite well, work on them but keep them.

Second Chance: i liked the catchy chorus, but hearing powerchords for 2:23 gets kind of annoying

Look Back In Anger: way too repetitive and boring.

Control The Media Control The Minds: the one i liked the most because it wasnt about strummed powerchords, at list this time u used arpeggios, but still POWERCHORDS.

i dont want to sound like an ass or anything, but i would recommend u and your band to really try to expand musically and write songs with not only powerchords, even if you are a punk band. your songs may be catchy but the powerchord over-use kinds of gets you at one point or the other, and makes all your songs sound the same. If you don't want to stay away from powerchords, i hope yo've got a good bassline to reduce the repetitiveness. Cheers

mind critting mines?
ch715dallat
BTBAM=Godly
3,466 IQ
The Authority song is a Jimmy Eat World song and a good one at that so id say change the name, and Look Back In Anger people may think is that Oasis song.
Nunwhxre 666
You have ****ed up now!
1,430 IQ
Yeah. I agree wholeheartedly with rodrigomierh, try to expand your sound and whatnot. All 4 of these songs were kinda boring and fairly bland. Powerchords are cool and all, but there is more to guitar then just them. Experiment. You're bound to get something.

Crit one of mine if you have the chance?
Quote by 1201ZJ
Well this calls for a beer, Uncle-Dad Cletus!

Quote by EchoxOath
HAAAAA! Jokes on you! I high fived you with the hand i fapped with!
WlCmToTheJungle
UG Addict
5,833 IQ
Quote by ch715dallat
The Authority song is a Jimmy Eat World song and a good one at that so id say change the name, and Look Back In Anger people may think is that Oasis song.

John Mellencamp > Jimmy Eat World

and yea dude, your names are too generic. That actually does sometime ruin the whole song.
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic