Page 1 of 35
i haven't yet seen a prs users thread so thought it was about time we got to shout over the fender/gibson army for a minute!

i bought my prs se singlecut (in heritage cherry burst.....yum) last year (after going over and over all the other makes and models in my price range) for a mere £400 and have been in love with it ever since. apart from a couple of set up tweaks i haven't changed a single thing and don't intend to. it does everything i want it to without a fuss and plays like magic.

my ambition is to a.) own a top end prs and b.) be good enough to be worthy of playing it!

the only other guitar that could drag me away from it at the moment would be the new gibson sg special faded 3 in white.......

what model is your prs?
why did you buy it?
how much do you love it?
what, if any, other guitar could drag you away from it?
prs se singlecut...cherry burst
crafter gae-8
ashdown engineering g20r

and a few plecs!!!!
ive got a soapbar II cherry red, bought it about a year and a half ago, didnt play it for half a year because i bought a different guitar, then went back and played it and i love it so much even more...possibly a ibanez jem could drag me away from it yeah...but prs's rule
Whtever you do DO NOT get the faded 3. the 3 pickup epeiphone is by far better, and cheaper.
Do prs make a semi hollow bodiefor under £500? If so I will look them up
EDIT: WOWIE, that 513 is pure sex.
Ok so I've looked on the site and they make the semi-hollow se custom. Is this anygood. I play mainly Kings of leon and david bowie style's but also need a execlent cle3an sound.
find one in a music shop and give it a try.....i've played most the se prs's but i wanted a solid body so didnt try this one. looks very cool tho!!

i found the reviews on here really useful as well if that helps!
prs se singlecut...cherry burst
crafter gae-8
ashdown engineering g20r

and a few plecs!!!!
Who has a PRS Custom 22 on order?

I have a PRS Custom 22 on order. Ooooooooooooooh yeah.
any prs' for under £350

and would they suit the music i play

i play (well want to) rhcp, muse, indie and maybe some sum41,greenday,blink182 when i get depressed cos i cant play anything better
i have a new username
You're asking if a PRS guitar is any good?

It's less special and perfect as a 513, santana, Custom etc. but it's still a killer-instrument!
Quote by brodo_boosh
Whtever you do DO NOT get the faded 3. the 3 pickup epeiphone is by far better, and cheaper.
Do prs make a semi hollow bodiefor under £500? If so I will look them up
EDIT: WOWIE, that 513 is pure sex.

Wha? You just said an Epiphone is better than a PRS?! GTFO!

And I don't even own one lol, but having played a fair share of PRS's I can safely say they are awesome guitars.
Ibanez Prestige FTW

Quote by Green_Jelly
I'd like to award Kellycaster a box of cookies.
I have this one on back order.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Quote by Kellycaster
Wha? You just said an Epiphone is better than a PRS?! GTFO!

And I don't even own one lol, but having played a fair share of PRS's I can safely say they are awesome guitars.

I think he meant the Gibson SG Faded.

Anyway, I've picked up a few PRS's. I don't personally own one right now. They felt nice, except that the neck was a bit fat for my hand.
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music

Schecter Gryphon
Vox AD30VT

Lost my tubergity to a Valveking.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Rich people and SE owners

Come christmas I'll have a PRS SE Singlecut in whale blue!

Come August I'll have the exact same guitar. Only a few weeks till I get it and the excitment is killing me!
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
PRS SE Standard. Red. I've had it for a year. I love it. A lot. I dont even really play my others much because of it.

If a guitar could pull me away from it: Any high end PRS, or an Ibanez S7320.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
I have a PRS Custom 24 in Royal Blue. No guitar that I have played has come close to the feel of a PRS to me. Now I am saving for a SC250!!

I've got a couple of them.

2000 PRS Standard 24 in deep purple with bird inlays, a custom 3 way switch and McCarty pickup mod

2005 PRS Soapbar II SE in tobacco sunburst, stock
Hi, I'm Peter

Yeah.... I dig PRS guitars. Just... just love 'em. I want to ad a blue matteo 20th ann singlecut to the collection. Just hard to find the right price, man.
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
Quote by cperc
I have a PRS Custom 24 in Royal Blue. No guitar that I have played has come close to the feel of a PRS to me. Now I am saving for a SC250!!

Maaaaaan, how lucky!!!!!! That's my favourite guitar... in my favourite colour with my favourite finish!!!! >.<

I'd love to own a pair of Custom 24's and a Custom 22. And well, also a SC250
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby

Singlecut Satin

If I ever get one that's what it would be. But the non-trem version in that colour.

From the ones I've played I've never found them really comfortable to me so I can't justify spending $5000 AUD on one. Maybe I'll find the right one one day for cheap!

They have sexy, sexy finishes though.
I own the SE Soapbar II, it was given to me by Paul Reed Smith himself since my family is from Maryland and he and my father were at a fundraiser together and my father mentioned that my Carvin may have been destroyed in the hurricane so he gave me the guitar as a gift. I like it a lot for smoother tones and great cleans. Awesome for its price tag. A lot of guitars could grag me from it including my Carvin but it has a good sentimental value.
Carvin DC-135
PRS SE Soapbar II

Vox AD30VT

Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Zakk Wylde Dunlop Crybaby

Member #3 of the Carvin Club (PM MESAexplorer to join)
hey guys, i've been wanting a prs for a long time and this guy on craigslist is selling this

2005 McCarty 20th anniversary model

the lowest he'll go is for $1275 US dollars...what would you guys do?

i would've preferred that it be a diff color than platinum silver, but i still like it. any advice?
Schecter C-1 Elite
Mesa Dual Rectifier (2 Channel)
Mesa Traditional 4x12 Rectifier Cab
Ovation 1778LX Elite Acoustic-Electric
Quote by SublimeGuitar
I have this one on back order.

As soon as I say that guitar I wanted it. I haven't got one yet because I'm still jizzing at my SE Custom. It's the best guitar I've played (then again I've not played many guitars...)
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
i have a PRS SE singlecut tobacco sunburst... i dont care what some say about the SE's the feel of this guitar is great... plus i love the fact that it has the LP shape but weights like half of what a gibson or epi does...

i my PRS
I want one of the new Tremonti singnatures or a SC trem.
I'm saving up for a PRS Mira and a Carvin V3 half-stack. Getting the Mira first of course, but has anyone had experience with it personally?
I don't own it but someday... 513 in blue red or green...pure sex...

EDIT: My friend has the Tremonti SE. Awesome guitar for the price. Beats the **** outta any Epiphone and even quite a bit of the low end Gibsons.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Last edited by soul_power at Jan 19, 2008,
PRS SE Singlecut in whale blue. I love it.

I got it for £300

Music Live 2007 @ NEC Arena, they had a PRS stall and all singlecuts were 50% off. Awesomeness.
Quote by guitarrocka205

Yeah.... I dig PRS guitars. Just... just love 'em. I want to ad a blue matteo 20th ann singlecut to the collection. Just hard to find the right price, man.

wow....

im getting a single cut trem or an sc250 soon...got £900 towards it already!
*Leaves thread wishing I had a job.*
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.