Page 4 of 35
Is there a PRS SE series guitar with a SSH setup?
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
Would I have to import this from Korea?
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
I haven't seen one of the SE SSH models in quite some time. I don't believe they are still in production but I could be wrong. You should still be able to find one used if you look keep tabs on Craigslist and Ebay. Happy hunting mate.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
tomorrow im buying a PRS CE 22 that i found on craigslist for 1250. its an excelent deal, because theyre 2100 on musicians friend. ya'll should check out ebay and craigslist if youre looking for one, i saw a lot in the 1000-1500 dollar range.

im so frickin' excited! ill try to post pics after i get it. only 13 hours and counting now!
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zugunruhe
tomorrow im buying a PRS CE 22 that i found on craigslist for 1250. its an excelent deal, because theyre 2100 on musicians friend. ya'll should check out ebay and craigslist if youre looking for one, i saw a lot in the 1000-1500 dollar range.

How much would you guys expect to get for an American made Singlecut? Now that I've finally found a buyer for my SG, it's time to begin overhauling my rig. The PRS, seeing as it will definitely fetch the most, will be the first to go.

I was thinking around those prices you mentioned, Zugunruhe.
Quote by Flying Couch
How much would you guys expect to get for an American made Singlecut? Now that I've finally found a buyer for my SG, it's time to begin overhauling my rig. The PRS, seeing as it will definitely fetch the most, will be the first to go.

I was thinking around those prices you mentioned, Zugunruhe.

Anywhere between $1.5k - $2k. Artist packages, birds or moons and other options will affect the price. The newer SC245 and SC250 models will run a bit more I believe but I haven't really been keeping an eye on them.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Hey PRS guys, could you identify the SE model in this ad?
It's labeled as a "PRS SE Standard" but that's not a model name on their website.
Maybe it was discontinued?
http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/msg/928408039.html
thanks
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
Do SE Customs come in hardtail like the pic?
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
The SE Standard was discontinued in 2006 I think. They came with fixed or floating bridges.

I own one, and I love it to pieces, you wont be disapointed with it.
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
Do you think it's a good deal?
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
I paid around $600 CAD for mine brand new, so hells yeah it's a good deal if it's in good shape. Play it before you buy it for sure.
Petey D

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
How do the pup's sound on that?
What are they suited for?
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
They're good all round pick ups. I play Alt-Rock & Punk mostly, with a little bit of metal thrown in for good measure, and all of it sounds great.

It's a really versetile guitar, I can get nice bluesey tones out of it I've heard that it'll even play jazz, but I've never tried it.

It plays like butter, honestly, very smooth, and it'll sustain notes for days, and it's really light compared to my LesPaul & my RatRod.

Mine has a floating bridge, and is finished in natural matt mohogany, those are the only difences from the one listed on Craigslist.
Petey D

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
Is it a 5 way pickup selector or a 3?
I want to get a single coil sound out of my next guitar.
I'd rather not mod it if I didn't have to.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
Do you think I could bargain him down to $200?
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
Quote by Soul Eater
Is it a 5 way pickup selector or a 3?
I want to get a single coil sound out of my next guitar.
I'd rather not mod it if I didn't have to.

It's a three way switch.

You could offer him $200, the worst he'll say is no.
Petey D

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
Quote by Petey D
The SE Standard was discontinued in 2006 I think. They came with fixed or floating bridges.

nope..the SE Standard was discontinued in 2007.. it's in the 2007 PRS catalog.. i also own one man.. i just got it this month brand new for almost half the price.. our local music shop had it on sale.. i own the vintage mahogany model with a wrap-around bridge.. i just love it! it's great for everything! although it was distcontinued already, our local guitar shop had some of these guitars left.. and a few SE Santana models too.. i picked this over the SE Custom, though their only difference was the finish because i like the natural finish better.. it looks kinda vintage with a smooth feel..
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Ibanez AEG8E-NT w/ Seymour Duncan Woody SC
Yupangco Classical Guitar
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Just bought a PRS Custom 22 10 top today;D I traded my Mia strat for it. And i have to say this guitar beats the sh*t out of gibson,fender etc. I absolutly love it. You can even split the coils so you have best of both worlds.

Pics:
Last edited by RooZ at Dec 12, 2008,
Just picked up my xmas present: A PRS SE Singlecut, Black Cherry. Damn it's sweet...
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Quote by RooZ
Just bought a PRS Custom 22 today.

Just curious. . . why not a Cu24? Great Great guitars--you will be very happy.
1999 Gibson LP R9
2006 Tele John Cruz Masterbuilt
2007 MIA Strat Sunburst
2008 PRS SC-J Thinline Black Cherry/Bigsby (for sale)
2009 Zerberus Hydra II
2009 Custom Red Strat

Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Quote by jcoley2
Just curious. . . why not a Cu24? Great Great guitars--you will be very happy.

Because here in norway they are almost impossible to find.
just bought a PRS SE CUSTOM wih tremolo and add some new things like:
- Gibson Alnico V burstbuckers pro
- some new grovers

:p, what do u guys think?

pd: picz coming soon
Alright, I'm considering getting a Mira as my next guitar. I want some opinions though, because my computer seems to have made a hobby of making me hate it, so at the same time I want to replace this thing. Would you guys recommend a new computer(Apple MacBook. I don't want to hear it from Apple haters/Windows fanboys, it works right, does what I need better than my Lenovo and my friend who turned out to hate OS X wiped it from his and put XP on, so I can do that if I really hate it so much) or one of the $1,540 PRS Mira's with the standard necks first?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 46-49
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
believe me, you can do your homework in some other computer, so go for the PRS Miras XD
XD Alright, well, another question about the Mira, should I put a bigsby on it? I really like a tremolo/vibrato, but otherwise it's perfect for me and I don't want to mess with the perfection.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 46-49
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
my grandparents are probably gonna give me money toward a new guitar for christmas. i'm looking into getting one of the new SE Custom 24s. Take a look.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/PRS-SE-Custom-24-Electric-Guitar?sku=520056

if i were to upgrade to locking tuners would i have to change out the nut? or the other way around?

EDIT:BTW Does anyone else think the navarro model is the sexiest white guitar ever. plus its got all the specs of a custom 24
Last edited by boomersooner14 at Dec 16, 2008,
Quote by boomersooner14
my grandparents are probably gonna give me money toward a new guitar for christmas. i'm looking into getting one of the new SE Custom 24s. Take a look.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/PRS-SE-Custom-24-Electric-Guitar?sku=520056

if i were to upgrade to locking tuners would i have to change out the nut? or the other way around?

EDIT:BTW Does anyone else think the navarro model is the sexiest white guitar ever. plus its got all the specs of a custom 24

NICE GUITAR !
Quote by boomersooner14
which one the se or navarro. both are nice imo

the Student Edition
Well guys it looks like I may put my SC up for sale soon. I love it to bits but I am thinking about getting a different PRSi to replace it. Just some different flavor really. I'll see what happens in the long run but if any one is interested let me know.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

I want s PRS desperately, but alas, i have no money =[.

I want the kind that looks like a les paul (am i a nub or what? lol), but i might have to get a custom one, because i dont want buckers in it, too hot for blues IMO. My ibanez already got some in it.
I'll bump the thread to say I'm in love with the Mira. It's between that or a MIA Fender of some sort. Sadly I don't know when and where I'll be able to play one, whereas I could easily play a Fender at one of the two music shops in town. So I need everyone to tell me that it's worth a) saving up some more money for the PRS and b) going to a shop where they will have one.
Quote by voteforpedro36
I'll bump the thread to say I'm in love with the Mira. It's between that or a MIA Fender of some sort. Sadly I don't know when and where I'll be able to play one, whereas I could easily play a Fender at one of the two music shops in town. So I need everyone to tell me that it's worth a) saving up some more money for the PRS and b) going to a shop where they will have one.

guitar center? thats just a guess they have some on their website. you might not live near one but if you feel like its worth it to play one to find out you might have to do a little searching
Quote by OsirisProtocol
Well guys it looks like I may put my SC up for sale soon. I love it to bits but I am thinking about getting a different PRSi to replace it. Just some different flavor really. I'll see what happens in the long run but if any one is interested let me know.

damn that's an awesome guitar.

I'll be joining the ranks of PRS owners when mine finally comes in. it's currently in MA (I'm in CT) and according to UPS it should get to me on Monday. I'm so psyched! it's my first guitar, too. it's a Tremonti SE I bought from someone on the board.

my local Sam Ash had a Mira.
Quote by boomersooner14
guitar center? thats just a guess they have some on their website. you might not live near one but if you feel like its worth it to play one to find out you might have to do a little searching

No GC or Sam Ash around, at least none I know of. I could ask the local shop to order one in, and they have some SE's, so it may not be that big of a deal to get my hands on one. Anything I should know if I plan on buying one?
Quote by uctlaum01
damn that's an awesome guitar.

I'll be joining the ranks of PRS owners when mine finally comes in. it's currently in MA (I'm in CT) and according to UPS it should get to me on Monday. I'm so psyched! it's my first guitar, too. it's a Tremonti SE I bought from someone on the board.

my local Sam Ash had a Mira.

Thanks mate. I decided not to sell it recently based on some turns PRS made as a company and the lack of other guitars I am interested in as a replacement. Your gonna love your Tremonti mate. Be sure to post pics when you get it. That's if you can tear yourself away from playing it

Quote by voteforpedro36
No GC or Sam Ash around, at least none I know of. I could ask the local shop to order one in, and they have some SE's, so it may not be that big of a deal to get my hands on one. Anything I should know if I plan on buying one?

I say keep hunting around for one. Try Craigslist and local shops to see if you find one by chance. You may have a hard time getting a local mom and pop shop to order a Mira if they are registered as an SE dealer with the new dealership requirements and their current stock of PRSi. Best of luck on your hunt mate and enjoy.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Last edited by OsirisProtocol at Dec 27, 2008,
I have a PRS from Vintage if that counts.
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Blackheart BH5H Little Giant
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah