Page 5 of 35
Quote by OsirisProtocol
I say keep hunting around for one. Try Craigslist and local shops to see if you find one by chance. You may have a hard time getting a local mom and pop shop to order a Mira if they are registered as an SE dealer with the new dealership requirements and their current stock of PRSi. Best of luck on your hunt mate and enjoy.

A friend of mine is saying they had some high end ones in, hopefully that's a good sign.

Thanks.
I've got a PRS SE EG S/S/H.
It was my first guitar. I wanted something I could start with but also progress with.
I love it a ton, we've done a lot together.
I just got an Ibanez JS1200 \m/, and although that is now my main axe, I still use my PRS for alternate tunings.
I've got a Santana SE, and I love that guitar to death. But like I read earlier, it can't hold a tune real well. So my question is, what kind of nut do you guys recommend to replace it? And where should I order it from? Thanks in advance.
^Yeah they are great quality mate. Graphtech makes great nuts and Stewmac hasn't failed me yet.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
What's the best budget friendly PRS guitar? (The ones udner a thousand, SE Custom)

How's the hardware on those things? I know the tuners, tremolo, and electronis are all PRS designed, not the real deal. The craftsmanship, from what I've heard, is amazing, though.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
^Brilliant guitars. The only thing I would suggest replacing on an SE Custom would be the nut and bridge block. The bridge block isn't really a necessity but you will notice a difference if you change the block for a higher quality one. The nut would be a must if you get the trem model. Most nuts from what I heard and in my experience on the SE guitars have binding issues. You can change pickups to suit your taste if you want. Otherwise they are great guitars for the money.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Quote by OsirisProtocol
^Brilliant guitars. The only thing I would suggest replacing on an SE Custom would be the nut and bridge block. The bridge block isn't really a necessity but you will notice a difference if you change the block for a higher quality one. The nut would be a must if you get the trem model. Most nuts from what I heard and in my experience on the SE guitars have binding issues. You can change pickups to suit your taste if you want. Otherwise they are great guitars for the money.

How would an SE Custom do with Blues/Jazz and Classical Rock music? I'd either keep the stock pickups, or put in a JB/'59 combo.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by V.U.K
How would an SE Custom do with Blues/Jazz and Classical Rock music? I'd either keep the stock pickups, or put in a JB/'59 combo.

It should handle blues, jazz and classic rock fine. The pickups aren't necessarily tuned for those type of tones or any other specific tones in general I would say. They kinda just cover the basses really well imo. I'd say try one out with your amp if possible and if you dig it leave the stock pups. If not a change is in order. I'd just suggest going with something outside of the much overused JB/59 combo. There are a plethora of other pups out there.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

ok, here's my guitar. 06 PRS Tremonti SE. not the best pics, but I just took them quickly to have them, and not from every angle, either. lol. just a few.

Hey guys, this is my wonderful new guitar, i adore the whale blue finish.
24 frets, trem and plays like a dream.

^I'm actually thinking about that same guitar, but in trans red. What's your take on it, and hows she sound?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 46-49
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
ive never owned one, but when im bored or in a certain mood, i like to go to guitar stores and ask to play their best PRSs. SOOOOOO in love with them, but cant...afford...dammit
I have a Singlecut 245, previousley owned by Rob Chappers. Bought in august 08 for £1500.

And you can see Chappers (the previous owner) demoing it:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TLbl__UFlF4 here &
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=slEboEJGlls&fmt=18 here.

I have yet to find a guitar I like more.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by necrosis1193
^I'm actually thinking about that same guitar, but in trans red. What's your take on it, and hows she sound?

I love it, such a versitile beast,.
I use it for jazz, metal and everything in between.
I've not yet used it through my Laney Lionheart (Cab is yet to arrive) but through my other amp it sounds thick and powerful on the bass strings and yet bright with lovely clarity on the treble strings.

I urge you to try it with open ears, you'll love it!
^Will-do then next time I go to GC. One more question though; do you know if the pikcups are four-conductor/tappable, or would I have to get a new set for that?

^^ *Maverick jealousy*
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 46-49
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
I got my Custom 24 back in May, and I have yet to find a guitar that suits me more. Everything about it is just awesome. Here's a few pictures of it:

I'm pretty much in love with the dark cherry sunburst finish. I basically had a mini-orgasm when I first saw it.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by necrosis1193
^Will-do then next time I go to GC. One more question though; do you know if the pikcups are four-conductor/tappable, or would I have to get a new set for that?

^^ *Maverick jealousy*

I honestly don't know lol. I'm happy with it stock.
I have a PRS SE Custom with trem and i also have a question hehe, anybody has tried to downtune this guitar to B? that would be 2 & 1/2 steps... I know i should get a baritone and all that and that the scale is short (25,5¨ but i think that with some good locking tuners and 13 gauge strings it would do just fine. What do you think?
Has any one seen or played an actual SCJ Thinline?

http://www.prsguitars.com/scjthinline/index.html

I have had one on order since last April and am thinking of buying something else since it has not come. Curious if anyone has any thoughts?
1999 Gibson LP R9
2006 Tele John Cruz Masterbuilt
2007 MIA Strat Sunburst
2008 PRS SC-J Thinline Black Cherry/Bigsby (for sale)
2009 Zerberus Hydra II
2009 Custom Red Strat

Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Quote by deviusmetal
I have a PRS SE Custom with trem and i also have a question hehe, anybody has tried to downtune this guitar to B? that would be 2 & 1/2 steps... I know i should get a baritone and all that and that the scale is short (25,5¨ but i think that with some good locking tuners and 13 gauge strings it would do just fine. What do you think?

Theoretically it's entirely possible with a good setup with thick strings. I personally wouldn't do it and just get a baritone if I will be using that guitar exclusively for down tunings though. You can always pick up the PRS Mike Mushok SE and you won't have a problem there.

Quote by jcoley2
Has any one seen or played an actual SCJ Thinline?

http://www.prsguitars.com/scjthinline/index.html

I have had one on order since last April and am thinking of buying something else since it has not come. Curious if anyone has any thoughts?

I know a few people who had them on order. Only one I remember actually receiving theirs though but he loved the guitar upon arrival. Not sure if he is still giving it regular rotation these days though since I haven't heard much talk about the SC-J's lately. Another friend of mine has had his on order since about the same time as you and hasn't received his yet. Honestly the way I see it I would have given up waiting on the guitar by now unless I already paid it off completely. Then I'd just forget about the guitar and it would show up randomly one day and bring some excitement to my life . PRS is having some difficulty getting usable billets large enough for the body of this guitar so they haven't been shipping everything out as fast as they would like. Hopefully yours will turn up in the mail soon if you decide to wait it out. Best of luck to you mate.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Got a Santana SE a few ago, sexy.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
PRS SC250 in Vintage Natural

Click to Enlarge

*creams*
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
i picked up a PRS SE CUSTOM a few days ago, so far its a really nice easy to play and great sounding axe, well worth the money.
ok dont hate me guys, but i went to play on a PRS today... i am getting one from my dad for grad. so i was looking at a Singlecut HollowBody I. not really my style, but it is beautifull... so i played it... ahhhh i didnt like it at all.... i mean i looks and feels GREAT.. but i got a better sound from my tele... i was playing it through a Mesa Triple rec. just like i have. so i though maybe its just the hollow body.. so i got a custom down... it sounded just as bad... not really bad, just really really muffled.. i tryed playing with the amp to get a brighter sound, but i even turned the bass all the way down and treb all the was up. i messed with all the ton knobs on the guitar but couldnt change anything.. i really liked the feel of it, the best playing guitar i have ever picked up, but what am i doing wrong? i tryed every setting.. what kind of prs gives a full mid range sound?
Fender Hightway one Texas Tele
Ibanez sc420 in black pearl
Ibanez sc320 in purple haha
Ibanez RG in black
Fender Squire ha my first guitar

Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier head
Marshall MG100 Halfstack
lots of PA stuff. all Yamaha
Quote by kirstyjam
i haven't yet seen a prs users thread so thought it was about time we got to shout over the fender/gibson army for a minute!

i bought my prs se singlecut (in heritage cherry burst.....yum) last year (after going over and over all the other makes and models in my price range) for a mere £400 and have been in love with it ever since. apart from a couple of set up tweaks i haven't changed a single thing and don't intend to. it does everything i want it to without a fuss and plays like magic.

my ambition is to a.) own a top end prs and b.) be good enough to be worthy of playing it!

the only other guitar that could drag me away from it at the moment would be the new gibson sg special faded 3 in white.......

what model is your prs?
why did you buy it?
how much do you love it?
what, if any, other guitar could drag you away from it?

I have the same guitar got given it as a present a few days ago!

It's lovely, i just have it in a slightly darker shade than that i think. Such a nice guitar to play on and the sustain goes on forever.
I had a SE custom that i sold to buy a rg7620 that i really regretted. Fortunately i sold the rg7620 to buy a strat that i wanted lol.

I play on buying another SE in the near future. For the $400-500 they can be picked up for on ebay, they are an awesome guitar and great platform to modify. I may pickup a singlecut and throw a set of EMGs in it
What is with all of the SEs in this place? What happened to REAL Paul Reed Smith? I once played an Se Custom and loved it, but went to a friend's place and played a real Custom 22. Talk about major difference...
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
I shall be joining this club in a couple of days, for I am buying an SE Mike Mushok Baritone. Ive needed a guitar for the lower tunings and this baby fits my needs perfect! I just wish it had 24 frets but i guess i dont need them on a baritone.

(^ the end of the world)
Is there a place that sells the proper prs paul allender? The se looks a bit cheap, i heard the proper one has seymore duncans and ebony fingerboard?
Quote by Chase_Jarvis23
I shall be joining this club in a couple of days, for I am buying an SE Mike Mushok Baritone. Ive needed a guitar for the lower tunings and this baby fits my needs perfect! I just wish it had 24 frets but i guess i dont need them on a baritone.

Cool man enjoy the guitar when you get it and be sure to post pics .

Quote by MetalDiB
Is there a place that sells the proper prs paul allender? The se looks a bit cheap, i heard the proper one has seymore duncans and ebony fingerboard?

Paul's main guitar is a PS model (can't remember the order number atm). You can't buy this version of his guitar unless you order a replica of the guitar through the PS system which will be pricey. I'm against buying signature guitars personally but that's a whole other story. That being said Paul now tours with both the SE and US version of his guitar. They both are fine enough for him to play live. If you want a guitar as close to Paul's as possible your best bet would be to either buy the SE and swap the pups or just order PS if you have that type of money at the ready.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

I'm thinking of buying the SE custom 22 trem or the SE custom 24 trem ( if i can find em lol ) last time I played one it felt so damn good (even though the neck is fat and I have normal sized hands lol) but I also heard they are a real hit and miss... is this true?
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Properly setup most guitars are fine. Bad guitars are more down to the shop not doing their job properly than anything else.
k kool... but I can only get the custom 24 trem online, so I can't play it first.. .that's a rela bugger if I can play a 22 will that be roughly the same or should I make the 3-400 kilometer journey to check out the single guitar? lol
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Slicer666
I'm thinking of buying the SE custom 22 trem or the SE custom 24 trem ( if i can find em lol ) last time I played one it felt so damn good (even though the neck is fat and I have normal sized hands lol) but I also heard they are a real hit and miss... is this true?

I've never heard that the SE Custom guitars where hit or miss nor have I ever played a bad one. I owned one awhile back and it was an excellent guitar. If its the guitar you really want go out, find one, play it and buy it if you like it. You've already done the bulk of that so now all you have to do is pull the trigger. If you really want the SEC24 then I suggest waiting it out a bit until they pop up in your area to try out. You really can't go wrong with them imo and after a nut change and a proper setup they are lifelong friends.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

got mine, PRS singlecut tremolo model, plays,sound,feels nice, pricey but worth every penny.. its definitely a keeper... cheers..

PICS:PRS Singlecut Tremolo PICS
PRS Singlecut Tremolo
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25 Combo
Martin OM1 Acoustic
Digitech Bad Monkey