Right, this is a soundclip i just made...

i want you lot who claim to be tone junkies to guess which equipment i was using for it.

http://download.yousendit.com/473730E77DBDB7B9
Gibson LP w/SD59+PRS Dragon II
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele
PRS Tremonti SE w/Bulldog Extremist/Black Label

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
you used a marshall tsl100 and a 1960B cab.

am i right ?

It's in your sig lol, didn't even listen
Last edited by fender&gibson at May 31, 2007,
I haven't listened, but I bet you used the Squier and the MG purely because you wanted everyone to be judgmental and pick the others because its a relatively decent recording.
Quote by fender&gibson
you used a marshall tsl100 and a 1960B cab.

am i right ?

It's in your sig lol

you're wrong...

its my Gibson LP
through my marshall MG.

its to prove that half of the people on here are talking out of their ass.

X
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
Quote by JOn`
you're wrong...

its my Gibson LP
through my marshall MG.

X

obvious attempt, but you could still detect sterileness. A clip of my PODXT came on afterwards in I tunes, and it was much less sterile than the last clip, so it was pretty easy to tell after that. Plus if it would have been a tsl it wouldn't have surprised me, the JCM2000 series are the not so good tube marshalls IMO. especially the TSL(not DSL they are decent)
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Last edited by mexican_shred at May 31, 2007,
sounds like he shouldnt have ruined the fun so early...but its def not the dsl, and very MG-like
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
i'm not trying to say it's by any means an amazing amp...

its more to demonstrate that you can actually get a half-decent sound out of them.

in addition, it was recorded with the internal mic on my mac.
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
thats not the worst sound ever, but does sound like a boss metal zone still
there was no MT-2

it was straight from the LP into the amp, on the OD1 channel...

gain: full
bass: 1/2
mid: full
treble: full
contour: 0
channel volume: 2/3
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
^ not saying it was! just it sounded like my crappy old recordings through some korg multi effects into my pc i did when i was 14
fair enough then
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
it was totally room miced tho, so the sterileness wouldn't be as present. If that was miced on speaker then it'd probably be a different story.
i cant get the thing to work, so i cant comment on the tone. but i would like to say that people focus too much on the tone of tube amps when saying how much better they are. yes, the MG sounds bad to most people who know tone, as do certain other amps coughspidercough

but i would say just as important is the feel of a good amp, or a tube amp. a good amp is more responsive to the player, and the MG most definatly does not qualify as a nice responsive amp. im sure you can get a usable tone out of it if you try hard enough and use some good effects to thicken it up. but it is just not the same as a nice amp that sounds good and has reactivity.
Quote by Orkin
I haven't listened, but I bet you used the Squier and the MG purely because you wanted everyone to be judgmental and pick the others because its a relatively decent recording.

i agree.

i can never get yousendit to work, it always makes my computer crash.

Quote by JOn`

X

it's hard to tell with a recording. you can't prove jack shit with a recording, basically.

but i'd bet the people whom you claim are talking out of their ass, if allowed to play the amp themselves, would know better what's what.

Quote by jof1029
but i would say just as important is the feel of a good amp, or a tube amp. a good amp is more responsive to the player, and the MG most definatly does not qualify as a nice responsive amp. im sure you can get a usable tone out of it if you try hard enough and use some good effects to thicken it up. but it is just not the same as a nice amp that sounds good and has reactivity.

+1 billion to that. it's not JUST the tone (though tone is awesome too). and that touch sensitivity doesn't come across on records very well (if at all).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well the recording was ok. But when I switched to another recording I heard that the MG sounded very dull. It sounded very sterile and thin. The distortion was very thin, not fat like a cranked tube amp, the sound lacked dynamics IMO and IMO it sounded at the best as possibly a modeling amp. Would this prove that MG's aren't horrible? No. It proves you can get an ok sound out of them (I've heard lots of better sounds than that sound). Plus it could be affected alot by the fact it's recorded, too.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by godofshred
n00b, quit whining and play your mg

so you don't agree that the majority of people on here jump on the hater bandwagons without actually having any sort of recognition of *tone*?

if thats your opinion then fair enough, but be grown up about it and don't discredit yourself by resorting to calling me a n00b.

to the others...
i agree whole-heartedly that the sound of a quality tube amp is a precious thing...and i would never dream of saying that an MG is as good as one.
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
^may i ask why you still have one? if you have the tsl (although i dont like that either)
because the TSL is a bitch to lug about...

i was in a band for the last 2 years, and i just kept it at our rehearsal studio in my mate's house.
so i decided i'd hang onto my MG.

i'm also at uni now, and have no space for the tsl in my accomodation, so i brought up my MG...which is now coupled as my stereo.
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
It seriously doesn't matter if people join the MG bashing bandwagon, it still prevents new guys from buying those **** tanks
i disagree, i think that if people are going to say that something is bad, they should be able to tell if it is good/bad themselves...and not simply regurgitate other people's opinions.
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
Meh, I think people will say MG's suck weather they have played one or not. Same with spiders, and other things like squiers. There not the best amps/guitars out there, but nobody who knows anything say they are. But they are good at what there ment for, compact guitar amps for beginners that allow them to explore a variety of sounds. I think a cube or vox would be a better choice personally, but they serve there purpose well.
Quote by JOn`
so you don't agree that the majority of people on here jump on the hater bandwagons without actually having any sort of recognition of *tone*?

if thats your opinion then fair enough, but be grown up about it and don't discredit yourself by resorting to calling me a n00b.

to the others...
i agree whole-heartedly that the sound of a quality tube amp is a precious thing...and i would never dream of saying that an MG is as good as one.

hehe, loads of people jump on the bandwagon here.

problem is, most of the people liable to reply to your thread are the ones least likely to do so, lol.

Quote by llanafreak44
It seriously doesn't matter if people join the MG bashing bandwagon, it still prevents new guys from buying those **** tanks

Quote by JOn`
i disagree, i think that if people are going to say that something is bad, they should be able to tell if it is good/bad themselves...and not simply regurgitate other people's opinions.

i agree, but if i were going to buy an mg, i'd rather be told "i hear they suck", than "i have no idea, i haven't tried them"...

granted, a lot of people here (and on other forums) don't exactly make it crystal clear that it's not their opinion that they're regurgitating...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i think you are making a big deal over something that shouldnt be. you recorded something and asked us what we thought it was. i have had people comment on my great amp tone on a recording when i recored the guitar DI. recordings dont always do things justice, and other times you can make them sound better than they are.
In my opinion, it sounded bad.

Very thin crunch, almost no definition. Very bland, very very bland.
High as tits
Quote by Suicidal_Brick
In my opinion, it sounded bad.

Very thin crunch, almost no definition. Very bland, very very bland.

+1. I didn't like it at all.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
ahh... Who remembers Slash JR? (was that his name?)
Who milked that great Guns 'N Roses sound out of his MG.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join