What's flutter picking? I've heard the term before and think I have an idea as to what it is, but I want to be sure.
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
I believe it's the same as tremolo picking, where you pick as fast as you possibly can, usually on a held-out note.
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
maybe your thinking of a legato technique. I believe its this: when you pick a note on one string and legato on the string below it. I hope this helps
Well I thought it was picking in a certain direction as fast as possible, not alternating.

White Stripes

Check the second solo in that song. That's what I was thinking it was but now I'm not sure.
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
If its anything like flutter tonguing when playing a flute, its just more commonly known as tremelo picking. Which is rapid alternate picking during a phrase or single note really.
Flutter tongueing is a flute technique, which can be used to give a tremelo effect.

So I presume it is just termelo picking.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I'm thinking maybe it's related to the whammy bar flutter?
Whammy bar flutter is when you tighten the bar a lot (so you can't move it around easily) pull it up a little bit and just let go, it makes the bar shake after you let go. I'd imagine flutter picking is using that technique combined with legato.
E.g.
B||--17p15h17p15-
You'd perform a flutter on each of the notes rather than picking them.

It's a complete guess though.
Quote by gm jack
Flutter tongueing is a flute technique, which can be used to give a tremelo effect.

So I presume it is just termelo picking.

Flutter tounging is a technique for most wind instruments. Some trumpet players will "growl" via flutter tounguing.