Page 4 of 633
Have any of you guys played the Jeff Loomis sig model?

I was thinking about getting that or a rg1527, but I'm probably going to stick with 6 strings, considering I don't have big enough hands for 7 strings....or at least that's how I felt after playing a schecter C7.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
I really want a 7 string now. I have always complained that most guitars feel to small in my hands and seem small comapred to me overall( im at least 6 foot) and the awkwardness of the spacing that comes from be being a Bass player originally is a bit awkward.

C-7 Hellraiser here i come!
Quote by ExplorerFreak
If I buy a seven, I won't abandon my sixes, will I?

Nah ... here's my MIJ 1999 RG7620, which I bought in Nara, Japan last Summer. It used to be a Deep Red but it's now a very glossy Black. It came with a very nice HSC.

Wide, very thin neck ... if you're used to 50s-style Gibsons.

whats a good 7 string in the $600 price range that is readily available at guitar center and i was about to pick up another 6 string but why when you can have 7

how would the rg7321 with a new bridge pickup be?

oh and this idea came to me just now because of you guys
GEAR:
Gibson Faded V (Dimarzio EVO(B) and GFS Hot Liverpool(N) coiltap in neck)
Squier Mahogany HSS Strat
Squier BSB tele
Bogner 2X12
Vox AD50VT
EPI VJ head
I have a variety of pedals PM if you have to know.

Looking for a new head!
Quote by maidenfan12
I'm really dying for a 59, cause I'm currently using a 56, and it's nowhere near as tight as I want it to be, and I'm just hoping that a 59 is!

59's, 56's WTF?? n00bs, be a man and string it with a 62, then you'll notice some more bollocks to your sound

I found the strings under 60 gauge got a bit flabby around the bass frequencies, it may be due to my scale length but all i know is that it's so much more easier to riff on and sound 10x better.

Quote by One Way Ticket
Ummm. Future EBMM JP7 owner?

I love you

Thats another guitar i crave for.....EBMM JP7 in white, fully loaded with piezos
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
59's, 56's WTF?? n00bs, be a man and string it with a 62, then you'll notice some more bollocks to your sound

I really want to, I just don't want to buy the string and then not have it fit in the tuning peg .
What ive seen guys do on the SS forum is unravel the string end near the actual tuning peg, you would be absolutely ****ed if you broke it while playing live but its a way of getting more tone and not replacing the peg. Unfortunately i can only find 62 gauge where i live, im searching for a 60 to try one out and compare.
quick bump for my ?
GEAR:
Squier BSB tele
Bogner 2X12
Vox AD50VT
EPI VJ head

Looking for a new head!
Quote by oldirtyredhed
quick bump for my ?

Oh yeah sorry man, completely missed your post there.

Ok $600 relates to about £300 or so in the UK, well Schecter C-7 blackjacks go for $599 if i remember correctly on musiciansfriend... erm yeah the RG7321 is always a decent possiblity. I would say if you're happy with a slightly thicker neck, but a lot more bollocks in tone with the schecter then go for the blackjack (or even the Damien 7, if thats your thing)

The RG is still a nice guitar, dont get me wrong... pickup swap for something like a dimarzio D-sonic, or the new Duncan active 7 string pickups they just released. You could have a capable machine on your hands there, both have a 5 way switch so you can enjoy the clean sounds as well.
Quote by ExplorerFreak
If I buy a seven, I won't abandon my sixes, will I?

Yes, you will

Not really, but chances are that they will feel very toy-ish after playing a 7 string.

Oldirtyredhed, the 7321 is a great buy. A pickup change will do you good, although keep in mind that the stocks are wired to have split coils on both the neck and bridge, as well as parallel on the neck.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by godofshred
grr, i can get te action on my rg SUPER low, but the bar play is crap. but with decent action i get full pull. damnit! lol

I can't be arsed reading though like 7 pages of stuff I'm not really interested in, so someone may have said this already.

You can always shim the neck which will then allow you to have the bridge higher so you can get a good pull up (extra height over the cavity) while still having really low action.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Actually, that is the Japanese God Of War symbol. Trivium just ripped it off. I have a Samurai sword with that symbol up and down the scabbard and always loved the look of it so I thought it would be cool to add it to a Japanese axe.
This thread rules all.

7 > 6

End of story.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Hey, how do I make the HTML code for my sig??

I want a link to this forum with it saying 7 > 6 end of story
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I think it's time this thread had some class:

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
^^

whatup PF, nice seeing ya man! nice axe too! I take it the first one is yours?
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Jun 4, 2007,
hurray a 7 stringer group! time for me to join!!

Now time for pics, description is in the sig:

I love my 7 but I won't get rid of my 6s, they just do different things. That said, I still want another 7
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Quote by hmmm_de_hum

I love you

Thats another guitar i crave for.....EBMM JP7 in white, fully loaded with piezos

There was one of those on the bay last week. I personally want a fully loaded Mystic Dream. But this wont happy for about another year.
I'm back, you douchebags.
i recently got myself a spankin new RG7321 and i LOVE it......the stock pickups are not bad and i didnt have to break the bank to get one......i have sworn off 6 strings for good after the subsonic assault the rg has given to my sound.......im currently saving for a black Hellraiser 7
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
Oh yeah sorry man, completely missed your post there.

Ok $600 relates to about £300 or so in the UK, well Schecter C-7 blackjacks go for $599 if i remember correctly on musiciansfriend... erm yeah the RG7321 is always a decent possiblity. I would say if you're happy with a slightly thicker neck, but a lot more bollocks in tone with the schecter then go for the blackjack (or even the Damien 7, if thats your thing)

The RG is still a nice guitar, dont get me wrong... pickup swap for something like a dimarzio D-sonic, or the new Duncan active 7 string pickups they just released. You could have a capable machine on your hands there, both have a 5 way switch so you can enjoy the clean sounds as well.

alright sounds good ill check out both i know guitar center had a damien 7 and a 7321 but im not sure about the blackjack but really all they carry is schecter so they probally do have it

also how is that rack setup you got? what kind of sounds you get out of it?
GEAR:
Squier BSB tele
Bogner 2X12
Vox AD50VT
EPI VJ head

Looking for a new head!
Quote by Erock503
^^

whatup PF, nice seeing ya man! nice axe too! I take it the first one is yours?

I wish! I'd love to own a baker... Or a seven string... So both in one package would be great.

That one is for sale on another forum though, $3000 exluding shipping charges and paypal fees... I don't have that kind of cash.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Quote by oldirtyredhed
alright sounds good ill check out both i know guitar center had a damien 7 and a 7321 but im not sure about the blackjack but really all they carry is schecter so they probally do have it

also how is that rack setup you got? what kind of sounds you get out of it?

Oh god i love my sound now, ive spent a good 3 or 4 hours tweaking my midi changable presets. I use an SS Rocktron Chameleon from the mid 90's and a peavey classic 50/50 all tube power amp.....its loud as hell and its all channeled through my Framus 2x12 which should arrive soon. I love the versatility of an SS preamp cobined with a tube power amp, retaining the integrity and solid sound of a solid state with the warmth of a tube power section.

It's all controlled via a Rocktron Midi mate and expression pedal. I think ive managed to get a perfect chorus/delay laden early dream theater clean sound, and a more mid range, crunchy rhythm tone.....more of a Scenes from a memory kinda sound. I have in total 8 custom presets with different degree of gain and effects.

I just cant seem to get over the uber amount of versatility you can get from a rack setup, i dont think i can go back to a conventional head+cab or combo.

Edit - i have been really considering a Custom carvin pretty much to those specs for a long time now, the main thing that worries me in general is my unfamiliarity with Carvin construction in general. But congrats though its a beaut'

Oh and PF those jazzboxes are fantastic, i played one a long time ago and it was just heavenly, the single neck pickup on those sound absolutely fantastic when compared to a conventional neck pickup for some reason...?
Last edited by hmmm_de_hum at Jun 5, 2007,
that set up is pretty cheap to eh? used i mean
GEAR:
Squier BSB tele
Bogner 2X12
Vox AD50VT
EPI VJ head

Looking for a new head!
Hey guys, im looking for my first 7 string, under 500 Australian Dollars, preferably under 400, before I buy a JP sig model, anyway, this was my first choice, but looks like its in US dollars and isnt delivered to Australia.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
7 STRING NOOBS

feel like your going in at the deep end?
well, its only 3 tones deeper

do here are some cheap 7's to get you started if you dont wanna spend a lot

ibanez rg7321 - hardtail, basswood, great neck and easy to play, £250ish

schecter omen 7- Basswood Body, Maple Neck, Rosewood Fretboard, 24 Frets, Scale 25,5", TOM Bridge, String thru Body, 2 Schecter Alnico Humbucker Pickups, Color Gloss Black £250

the schecter has the tune o and the ibanez, a hardtail strat type bridge, i prefer hte ibby due to the smaller neck.

more to come later..