mastodonovan
277 IQ
Alright so my band has been playing shows/practicing in this big ass wear house, to give you a description it's a pretty large warehouse with concrete floors, cinder block walls, and a high ceiling, can anyone tell me how wo make the acoustics better? we have all the instruments/amps/speakers on plywood with carpet over that plywood, and that helped a lot, but it's still pretty bad, any suggestions?? thanks.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
homeade PRS and tele
Marshall 100 watt plexi
thd hot plate
B-52 gold series cab
Boss NS-2, DD20
(soon) keeley modded Ibanez TS9DX turbo tubescreamer
RollingWalrus
49 IQ
if the amps/speakers hit the resonant frequency of the floor or room that could be a problem. try putting the speakers on a stand, or carpet as you said, or suggest the place install some kind of anti echo stuff. Infact putting other things in the room could help.
sorry im not an expert, let me know what sorts it out and good luck,
rollingwalrus
Dutch_Apples
UG's Career Advisor
1,354 IQ
You should actually feel lucky. I used to practice with a band in the crab/fish cooler of a seafood processing plant. The room was actually a giant refrigirator with concrete floors, a 7 foot tall ceiling, and the smell....
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
mastodonovan
277 IQ
yeah but it had a 7 foot ceiling, not 18.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
homeade PRS and tele
Marshall 100 watt plexi
thd hot plate
B-52 gold series cab
Boss NS-2, DD20
(soon) keeley modded Ibanez TS9DX turbo tubescreamer
tubab0y
old skool user.
1,326 IQ
cranking it and wearing earplugs sometimes cuts resonant frequencies. that and putting sound emitting objects on little carpet squares- amps and speakers.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
batman123
790 IQ
Quote by mastodonovan
yeah but it had a 7 foot ceiling, not 18.

Hey guy, 18 would be better actually, more room for the sound to disperse. Now listen closely, open whatever doors and stuff you're aloud so that the sound will leave and you count get so much echo and tinny sounds bouncing around. If you can, drive your cars in there and roll down the windows and doors so the sound will absorb on the interior. Encourage people to come to practice and tell them to wear heavy coats and blankets to absorb sound.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310