Freunleven
Flying Monkey King
1,714 IQ
So, I got a call yesterday to help a local band set up to play a show at the high school (yeah, I know). Having nothing else to do, I agreed. We ran a basic sound check yesterday, and they're playing tomorrow.

Now, my question is this: What emergency supplies will I absolutely need? It's only a five-song set, so I'm not worried about anything major (like blown amps). I've got a bunch of extra cables, patch cables, 9v batteries . . . . anything else ya'll can thing of?

Thanks.
outerlimit501
The Dude on the Bike
352 IQ
Well a normal "roaddie kit" is stuff like strings, string changers, tuner, knife, batteries, flashlight, tubes, bungee cords, duct tape, but for a five song set? I wouldn't bring a thing.
SGRipper
UG Senior Member
533 IQ
Yea im my best friends "guitar tech" i usually dont need anything, the only problem i ever had was when something came unplugged. I stood there looking stupid and let him fix it. Yea unless this band has a history of breaking stuff then dont worry.
My Gear:

Jackson DXMG
Jackson KVX10
Hoyer Acoustic
Randall RG100ES
ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Crybaby

WARNING!: Every thread i touch dies.......
fretmaster91
FenderFretMaster
68 IQ
Bring An Extra Strap For The Guitarist!!!
Founder of the "Make Your Own Freakin' Setlist Club"
civildp1
UG's resident narcoleptic
217 IQ
extra strings, cables, power strip, and gaffer tape (or duct tape if you can't get any)
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Kid_Thorazine
Registered Sadist
267 IQ
I would also say spare tubes and fuses (if the amps use them) and a good surge protector. Also, a riot control style shotgun loaded with buckshot is absolutely essential.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm