Page 1 of 207
Hey, here I'm creating a thread for all Stratocaster lovers, owners, or just played ur friend's Strat??? I don't want this to lose to the new telecaster thread!!

I totally love my Stratocaster, Mexican Made with some altered Pickups and an active preamp.

Share your Strat Love!!!

EDIT 8/16/2007:
The UG Profile is activated, along with the UG Groups, so i've made the official Stratocaster Lovers thread. Join and share the love for STRATOCASTERS!!!
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/strat_lovers/
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Last edited by ECistheBest at Aug 17, 2007,
I love strats! But I only own a Cort SP-3 strat wanna be but I put fender vintage noisless pickups in it And I'm currently in the process of installing 250K pots
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
dude its all cool man. the beauty of strats is that u get to mod ur specs so easily.
i've done so much with it and its only 2 years old still. i got the fender hot noiseless set
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I'm gettin' an american deluxe soon. eric johnson sig is the best production strat though.
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

i love the neck on the deluxe strat. and the electronics are okay too. match it up with a nice amp
im not really a fan of the U-neck on the EJ strat... big big big lol. i like the clapton strat's neck. do u??? i think it's awesome. i love the body+electronics on the EJ.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
dude its all cool man. the beauty of strats is that u get to mod ur specs so easily.
i've done so much with it and its only 2 years old still. i got the fender hot noiseless set

Yeah, I think after I get my new amp, If I have $150 burning a whole in my pocket, I'm going to order a Vintage white alder body off warmoth, because I suspect that my current body may be plywood Have you seen those bridges they make for your strat that is a hardtail string through? What are your opinions on those?
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
im a strat lover but i don't own one but i am saving for a beautiful jap strat
my gear
Cube 30
sammick strat rip off
schecter C-1 classic diamond series
Peavey JSX combo
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
A.G.E > grunge
i have a vintage 6-point tremolo. i don't use the whammy bar so i screwed them all down, put a block of wood under, and put more springs on it so that thing's basically hardtail lol haha

vintage white alder body sounds hot. and plywood guitars aren't so heavy. u might lose sustain for that... my friend has a squier and its definitet it's not alder at least hahaha

but the only concern from me is that what if ur pickguard now don't fit on the warmoth body? like u know different screw holes or maybe the pickguard being too small for the pickup/knob routs...? i'd hate that to happen... u can always re-wire on a new pickguard tho. thats 1hr~1.5hr of practice time...

EDIT:^^Japanese strats are awesome. ima go over to Japan like next summer. guess what i'm gonna come back with!!! lol Fender Made in Japan Stratocaster ^_^
I already made up my mind for summer 2008
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Last edited by ECistheBest at Jun 9, 2007,
Stratocasters are so nice nice. I bet they are expensive. I think stratos is one of the best guitars in america.
Quote by gino23
Stratocasters are so nice nice. I bet they are expensive. I think stratos is one of the best guitars in america.

i love ur opinion. they are indeed expensive, but there are even more expensive comparisons. Strats used to be an entry level guitar, probably made most famous by jimi hendrix, with so many players picking them up and using then exclusively. early influenced strat players were Eric Clapton, Deep Purple's Ritchie Blackmore, Rory Gallagher (he wasn't influenced so much by Jimi i believe), and then Eddie Van Halen made it to the next level.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I played my friends MIM strat and didn't like it at all. It felt really unnatural to play it.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
aww... sorry to hear that... this forum might not be for u... =/

but u might like the american strats
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
i have an american strat yay but i wanna replace the bridge somehow that damn thing will NOT stay in tune for a second!but i looooove its sound and comfortabilaty!yay!
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

Haha I'm gonna play in the Strat thread too..

I've been gassing for a 70's tele just 'cos I love the big headstocks. I almost bought one the other day but I wanted to try get this ENGL amp instead so I restrained myself.

The 70s strats seem to be all the rage here in AUS lately, I guess because they're vintage but still relatively cheap. (As opposed to some of he $30 000 60s strats getting around)
I actually really like my Stratocaster. I aquired it, sight-unseen, through a trade so I wasn't quite sure (I hadn't ever really been a Strat fan but I was getting a pretty good deal). After I get my amp situation squared-away, decide how badly I wan't to keep my LP (It's a very nice guitar but I'm a Fender guy at heart), and get a Telecaster, I'd like to add a 60's Classic Players and a MIJ (I'm planning on bringing tw back with me next time I go) to my collection.

#48 of the Fender Armada
#2 Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

Gibson SG Standard
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Fender Mustang
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Last edited by Sunshine86 at Jun 9, 2007,
i have a CIJ 62 reissue strat which i bought from ebay and i bloody love it. i went into the store and played a few american ones and i could honestly not tell the difference. Mine has an alder body and texas special pickups, 3 tone sunburst with aged parts. it looks very similar to john frusciantes which is one of the reasons i bought it lol
I'm looking at a Fender Highway 1 Stratocaster (USA). How is this model compare to other made in USAs?
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

im gonna start collecting older MIJ fenders soon...but so far i only have a MIM and a squier...
strats are the best! my Legacy is my baby. all it needs is a pickup swap, locking tuners, and a proper setup to be my ultimate guitar.
guitars: G&L Legacy USA, Peavey Rotor EXP, Squier affinity strat.

amps: Peavey Bandit 112

Effects: DF-7 distortion factory, Crybaby wah(gcb-95)
I love my strat! 91 American, in a sparkly purple color. With a Dimarzio YJM strap on it. After I get a new amp, Im putting in a YJM- /HS2-HS3
I'm back, you douchebags.
A friend of mine has an Eric Johnson strat that plays, feels, and sounds awful. . .

I prefer the 50's strat in pink
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
just beacuse there are so little pics here, might aswell post my strats up here.

(Invalid img)

****ty squier

modded mexican

<reserved for 80s and 90s relic fenders that im gonna be getting in the next 4-5 months>
I have a '98 MIM strat, and it's great. No problems with it at all, except I need to replace the springs in the back (they're way too stretched out after all these years).

I really want an american one, I'd buy one if I weren't moving away to school in a few months.
i'm a fan of strats they are the most comfortable shaped guitars to play imo. I have a metallic green MIM strat, and a sunburst squier affinity strat that i'm gonna mod to make it more versatile (now why would i want more versatility than a stock strat can offer lol?), they are both SSS but i'm gonna put a bridge humbucker in my squier.
Happiness is a warm Vox AC30
Strats are good in the hands of a good player (and theres a lot of bad players).

David Gilmour pwns j00
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
I love my strat. It's a modded MIM, which soon I hope to relic the body (it's an artic white)
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator

Here is my most recent rig picture, My brother gave me his 2003 affinity strat a few weeks ago, I set it up and now it plays amazingly!
I plan on putting in some money to get a hotrail for the bridge and some locking tuners. The other strat in the picture is a "Robson" strat copy, i basically used it to see how a guitar works after i got my parker, right now it only has a bridge pickup and no volume knob, i may put it back together later.
Quote by Zofar

Wow the one on the far left kicks ass!
Are those coloured things built in effects?
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
Just picked up a '91 MIM strat the other day for $200. Only problem with it is that the bridge is rusty. What should I replace it with? And on a side note, the place where I got it from had a vintage strat from I think he said '63. $575. If only I had a job.
Quote by John W
Wow the one on the far left kicks ass!
Are those coloured things built in effects?

Couldn't tell ya'. I bought it, but i cant find a bridge on the damn thing, i have no idea how to string it, plus, the cable won't plug into my amp.
Get a schaller one...or a gotoh

or you could just find aother fender one off the net. they should have the same screw points...if not...add a few.

how is the MIm strat in general?
Quote by SaulHudson
Just picked up a '91 MIM strat the other day for $200. Only problem with it is that the bridge is rusty. What should I replace it with? And on a side note, the place where I got it from had a vintage strat from I think he said '63. $575. If only I had a job.
Quote by zwound
Get a schaller one...or a gotoh

or you could just find aother fender one off the net. they should have the same screw points...if not...add a few.

how is the MIm strat in general?

Pretty damn nice. The neck is wonderful and it was set up pretty decently. I'd like to g et new pickups though. The stock aren't bad, I just want some noisless.
I got a squier strat which i am in the process of modding. Just finished painting it. Now am looking to replace the electronics on it along with the pickups. I am just not sure if it will be worth it.

Warning: Large Pic

So what do u guys think will it be worth modding??
Cool
Do u have any idea about how those guitar fetish pups sound. I am plannin to order those bcuz no guitar shop over here stock pickups and guitarfetish is the only site which ships here.
Also those are the only pups in budget rt now