Page 2 of 210
Quote by murt112
Cool
Do u have any idea about how those guitar fetish pups sound. I am plannin to order those bcuz no guitar shop over here stock pickups and guitarfetish is the only site which ships here.
Also those are the only pups in budget rt now

If you mean GFS pickups; yes, they're awesome. Definitely a bargain.
Gotta love strats!!

I own two strats, one is a Squier, but its a pretty nice beast, 250k pots and a Seymour Duncan in the bridge position, coil tapped. Got Schaller machine heads and straplocks on it...definitly my favorite guitar.

Also got a Maple Strat which I built myself, with TexMex pickups and grover tuners. Check out the pic below.
(Invalid img)

Anyone try the Jeff Beck sig strat?? Its ****in gorgeous!
My mate has a deluxe strat, its pretty noisy though....anyone got info on that?
Same mate also has an 88 MIA Fiesta Red.....he didnt know it was customshop until I took the pickguard off to rewire the pickups, and I noticed the customshop sticker. W00t!!
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
Last edited by roast at Jun 9, 2007,
The best Strat players ever:

WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
If Im being honest, looks wise the only strat I like is an all black strat, but the sound is gorgeous whatever colour obvously
MIA 1979 Fender Strat
Epi LP Standard
Squier Strat

Tanglewood

Laney TF300
Fender Frontman 15G

Zoom G1
you missed clapton...SRV and that guy from Led Zeppelin.cant remember that guys name
i've got a squier affinity fat strat (the blue strat) that sounds suprisingly good, and a fender MiM one, for which i've bought a swineshead neck pup. except i ordered the pickup three weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived
I gots me a clapton strat
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by zwound
you missed clapton...SRV and that guy from Led Zeppelin.cant remember that guys name

Jimmy Page ("that guy from led zeppelin) didnt play a strat. he played a lespaul, tele, and eds1275

and what about Rory Gallagher? He's like the ultimate strat player. looks like he never put his down
I love Strats, even the ones with a Humbucker ... another MIJ:

A refinished, older MIJ Strat - my first mod. Replaced the neck with a 70s-style big headstock. Check out the hefty trem block typical of MIJs:

^sexy

50's classic players strat ftw!
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
Quote by ECistheBest
i love the neck on the deluxe strat. and the electronics are okay too. match it up with a nice amp
im not really a fan of the U-neck on the EJ strat... big big big lol. i like the clapton strat's neck. do u??? i think it's awesome. i love the body+electronics on the EJ.

yeah the Eric Johnson has the best pickups I've ever tried.
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

Quote by Ippon
^ nice Ash!

why thank you..... the ash paired with the noiseless pickups in it make for some great sounds... i love it
My dream strat is a Highway one w/ noisless pup's

I'l have it soon (About a month)

PS. And we can't forget the tortoise shell pickguard...
Gear?!

Fender Champion 600

Weeping Demon Wah
Metal Muff
Blues Driver

Member 6 of the CARVIN CLUB!!

Ibanez S320 Budget:
0/500usd
Quote by Ippon

A refinished, older MIJ Strat - my first mod. Replaced the neck with a 70s-style big headstock. Check out the hefty trem block typical of MIJs:

Awsome strat!
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Mmmmmmmmm.... Strats. I love em. They are comfortable, have all the features you need, and have an awesome tone. I love single coils, and the glassy tone you can get from them. The cleans of my Strat played through my Sound City are amazing.

Anyway, here is my Strat. It's a 1985 MIJ '72 Reissue. All the 70s appointments; CBS headstock, bullet truss, three bolt neck plate, Ash body. Sounds great. The bridge pickup is a Seymour Duncan Hot Stack, which I'm gonna replace for a normal single coil I think.

Still need to take some better pics. If it's nice tomorrow I'll go outside and take some. Might do some recordings through the old SC if I can be bothered too.

EDIT: Why does everyone crave noiseless'? They lack soul! They don't sound as good as normal Strat pups, which I don't find that noisy anyway TBH.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Last edited by Calum_Barrow at Jun 9, 2007,
what do you guys think of this early 90's foto-flame Jap strat
It's a '62 reissue

Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

I also have a Stratocaster. Actually dunno what type or what, cause im new in guitars.
Its Black w/brown, and it has 'Mad Axe' on the head.
I like this guitar pretty much, it has a nice sound and it also looks nice.
Quote by RHCPKicksA$$
what do you guys think of this early 90's foto-flame Jap strat
It's a '62 reissue

Real flame > fake flame. Look at my strat on page 1.
I want to buy an American Strat... one of the new ones

Are they of good quality and craftmanship?
86% of the people who frequent the "Electric Guitar" forum would say that they have played guitar for under 5 years.
I've got a MIM sunburst Strat, bout 3 or 4 years old.

I love it, it's perfect, wouldn't change it at all, and it's all stock too.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
^R_H_C_P, thought you wanted to relic it?
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
Quote by This_Kidd
^R_H_C_P, thought you wanted to relic it?

pwned.

Anyway, V necks kick ass.
Quote by mr_hankey
pwned.

Anyway, V necks kick ass.

for sure. i love V necks. they fit my hand so well...
btw, i love 50's strats. nice choice on ur purchase

i saw a custom shop '56 vintage reissue strat at Guitar Center today.
i was playing my blues licks and a guy just took me to a room and he showed me.
he was like "look at the neck grain... now do you call THAT GORGEOUS???"
man that little baby was orgasmic...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
wow... the neck grain is actually pretty nice. i like the tone u got on ur pickguard too. u might want to get black blade switch tips tho lol

Dr. No man... i love James Bond too. as much as i love Stratocasters.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
which one r u talkin bout?
i think Dr. No's strat is a bolt on. i kinda see it in the back. not so sure bout korean made strats tho. but they sure got nice grains.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I have an American Standard in Burgundy Mist Metallic with a 3 layer white pickguard, Stephens Design Mojo "V" pickups, rosewood fretboard. Bought it new for $600 or so in 2001.
Hi, I'm Peter
ooo America Standard for $600??
how are the mojo "V" pickups? what kind of characteristics?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
which one r u talkin bout?
i think Dr. No's strat is a bolt on. i kinda see it in the back. not so sure bout korean made strats tho. but they sure got nice grains.

Dr. No's Strat. I've seen those new MIK Fender Strats and Teles that are neckthrough.

Quote by ECistheBest
ooo America Standard for $600??
how are the mojo "V" pickups? what kind of characteristics?

The Burgundy Mist Metallic color was discontinued, so I got it for a lower price. The shop had 3 of them at the time they were getting rid of.

The Mojo "V" pickups I have aren't quite like the ones you hear on his site. They're slightly overwound (custom for me), so a bit fatter, although the bridge has a sharp tone to it. Very nice pickups. They're what Lace Sensor Golds and Fender Vintage pickups want to be when they grow up.
Hi, I'm Peter
My strat is a bolt on. The neck is bird's eye maple.

It's an awesome guitar, great for funk and blues. I always play it straight thru the amp on clean with no effects. Great clean tone.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!