Page 3 of 210
Quote by Dirk Gently
The Burgundy Mist Metallic color was discontinued, so I got it for a lower price. The shop had 3 of them at the time they were getting rid of.

The Mojo "V" pickups I have aren't quite like the ones you hear on his site. They're slightly overwound (custom for me), so a bit fatter, although the bridge has a sharp tone to it. Very nice pickups. They're what Lace Sensor Golds and Fender Vintage pickups want to be when they grow up.

mmm that sounds like its totally worth a try. nice taste =]

^^for Dr. No, i knew it was some beautiful neck. its gorgeous. how much was it all?
im thinkin' of getting a birdseye maple neck from warmoth or sumtin... add a decal maybe =]
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
mmm that sounds like its totally worth a try. nice taste =]

^^for Dr. No, i knew it was some beautiful neck. its gorgeous. how much was it all?
im thinkin' of getting a birdseye maple neck from warmoth or sumtin... add a decal maybe =]

I got it all for $630 at GC.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!

Yeah that guitar is pretty much THE SEX. Not meaning to brag or anything. Unfortunatly my amp is a Behringer GMX 212 which does not even come remotely close to doing that clapton strat justice.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
damn. that's hella nice strat. but why rosewood? lol not saying it sucks or anything but clapton uses maple exclusively... eh iono just a thought from the first sight.
get like a blues jr or sumtin it'd get u pretty damn close.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I'm gettin' a Squier Strat, lol. I'm cheap (and a beginner). Only $179 AUD, so in my price range for now.
ooo squier strat was what i started with. then my friend took it and gave me his behringer strat copy thing. i hated the neck cuz it was so flat. then i got my Fender. i love it.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I love strats. I started out on one that my uncle let me borrow until I had the money to buy my own electric. It was an '89 MIK strat with discontinued Bill Lawrence pickups. It was insanely nice, and I set it up and it played great. I was pretty sad when I had to give it back to him after getting my Schecter. A few months down the road after I returned it, I found an MIM Splatter Strat used in Guitar Center for $200, and I couldn't pass up the offer. I put a Hot Rail in the neck, and I like it a lot. Its not as good as the MIK strat, but its still nice.

The MIK is the second one from the left.

And theres the Splatter Strat.
thats some hot graphics. i also like the strap. dickies
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
My 1st electric was a MIJ squier that I loved. Didn't know they sucked until much later.

Anyways, I have a Yngwie strat. I'll post pix later, but it's the vintage white w/ maple fretboard. It's awesome.
Quote by view askew
My 1st electric was a MIJ squier that I loved. Didn't know they sucked until much later.

Anyways, I have a Yngwie strat. I'll post pix later, but it's the vintage white w/ maple fretboard. It's awesome.

If that isn't a typo... MIJ Squiers ae great quality guitars, not like the korean/chinese ones made now. MIJ Squiers certainly do NOT suck.
I have the MIA 60th. Tis truly a bluesy beast
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
If Fender made a model of Rory Gallagher's Strat, I'd sell my parents to get it

And the rest of Rory's collection!
Moonchild of Rory Gallagher Fan Club PM dazzler16 to Join

Quote by PinkIsCool
UG- The only place where a heartwarming moment can easily be turned into an act of homosexuality and incest.

If Fender made a model of Rory Gallagher's Strat, I'd sell my parents to get it

They do.
Are you reelin' in the years?
Quote by oldfartatplay
They do.

Could you show me a link to somewhere that sells it, I've never found a working one.
Moonchild of Rory Gallagher Fan Club PM dazzler16 to Join

Quote by PinkIsCool
UG- The only place where a heartwarming moment can easily be turned into an act of homosexuality and incest.

Quote by ECistheBest
damn. that's hella nice strat. but why rosewood? lol not saying it sucks or anything but clapton uses maple exclusively... eh iono just a thought from the first sight.

He doesn't use maple exclusively really. On Strats yes (never seen him play a Rosewood necked Strat ever), but he has used a LOT of rosewood fingerboards in the past. Also, that EC Signature that guy has is a very rare one, as it has the rosewood neck rather than the maple one.

And you other people who were oggling at Dr.No's Strat, it's a Lite Ash Strat. Made in Korea, but despite that it is VERY good for the price - ash body, birdseye maple neck w/abalone inlays, Seymour Duncan Alnico Pros as standard. He's changed the black pickguard for a tortoise shell one though.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
my number one - MIA standard strat. i bought it some place in kentucky in 1990. the stock pups have been replaced with texas specials.

no other strat like it!
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by dr_john at Jun 10, 2007,
I love my Strats to death, they're so amazing <3

Bailey (the finish reminded me of my little sister's beautiful blue eyes), it's a Ocean Turquoise 1996 Fender Standard MIM Strat. Only modifications were a pearl pickguard and a new bridge (took it from my other Strat). It is and always will be my main guitar. The nut's set up for D'Addario EJ21 XL Nickel JAzz strings.

Moon (Just reminded me of it), a Fender 60th Anniversary MIM Strat with all gold hardware (cept for the tuners, I've been waiting 3 months for my gold Sperzel locking tuners... Damn you MF ) and a black pearl pickguard. The nut's set up for D'Addario EJ16 Phosphor Bronze strings

Both have disconnected tone knobs (personal preference).

I've gone through three other Strats too, but they're nothing compared to these :x

STRATS FTW!
Last edited by Blash at Jun 10, 2007,
The strat thread is going well. Do strat copys count?

I have a MIJ Cimar by Ibanez fat strat copy.. My first electric. The action is super high these days but it has a really thin maple neck.

Was a sweet guitar to learn on, I used it for about 10 years I think.
Quote by mr_hankey

I'm GASsing badly for an Eric Johnson strat.

What kind of Strat is that?Where did you get it? Your sig says 50s classic, but ive never seen a 50s classic with flamage or a 22 fret rosewood board. It's one of the best sunburst/flame combos I've ever seen. Possibly the best looking non-vintage strat on UG.
Yea, i love strats, esp my Fender Richie sambora sig model,lake pacid blue, i had 2 change one of the single pickups to a single humcancelling pickup make it sound cool, so wif that dimarzio hum, it sounds perfect, n oh, its made in 1995,lol, beat that, BLASH, n its also MIM, has a floyd rose...........
Quote by FenderStRaT RS
Yea, i love strats, esp my Fender Richie sambora sig model,lake pacid blue, i had 2 change one of the single pickups to a single humcancelling pickup make it sound cool, so wif that dimarzio hum, it sounds perfect, n oh, its made in 1995,lol, beat that, BLASH, n its also MIM, has a floyd rose...........

Blasphemy!
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
mmm all these guitars look hot. ima go to Japan next summer and guess what i'm gonna come back with???

Fender Stratocaster Made In Japan
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
mmm thats a reasonable recommendation. thanks

stuff from japan is horribly expensive tho :/
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
mmm sounds nice.

has anybody seen a Fender 1956 vintage reissue custom shop strat?
not a '57. but a '56. beautiful neck grain.
the guy from Guitar Center called me and showed me. are those even on the market yet???
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by TheDev01dOne
Haha I'm gonna play in the Strat thread too..

I've been gassing for a 70's tele just 'cos I love the big headstocks. I almost bought one the other day but I wanted to try get this ENGL amp instead so I restrained myself.

The 70s strats seem to be all the rage here in AUS lately, I guess because they're vintage but still relatively cheap. (As opposed to some of he $30 000 60s strats getting around)

yeah i agree, im going to trade my ltd in for mim strat, tell u what, i wouldn't mind having Ian moss' strat

to everyone in the thread, what color should i get, three color sunburst or cream white? or another color that u may think looks better :P
member of the AUSTRALIA FTW! Club. PM the_random_hero join. Australians only

Feel the Rhythm...
Quote by FenderStRaT RS

... dammit lol

Tienes un picturo?
I Haven't really played many other Strats, but I have to say I really do like my 1985 MIJ!
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Hey guys I have a MIJ Creamy white strat with a 70s headstock and a pearl pickguard. It's my favorite strat I ever owned. It has custom shop fat 50s pickups in it. It sounds brilliant.

I just learned under the bridge on it last night finally. A song I've been working on getting down for at least a month now. It's helped me bond with it lol.
nice. i heard about the MIJs in this thread, and i know about the 50s pickups. i bet they're an awesome combination

under the bridge is a cool song. i love playing on my strat.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by Ihearthetfield
Hey guys I have a MIJ Creamy white strat with a 70s headstock and a pearl pickguard. It's my favorite strat I ever owned. It has custom shop fat 50s pickups in it. It sounds brilliant.

MIJ? creamy white? 70s Headstock?

Sounds like a '72 Reissue like mine! I love mine, and I'd love it even more if it had a maple fretboard rather than rosewood.