Page 4 of 210
yea dude. Strats are made to couple with maple fretboards imo.
Rosewood sounds good but looks iffy...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by Ihearthetfield
Hey guys I have a MIJ Creamy white strat with a 70s headstock and a pearl pickguard. It's my favorite strat I ever owned. It has custom shop fat 50s pickups in it. It sounds brilliant.

I just learned under the bridge on it last night finally. A song I've been working on getting down for at least a month now. It's helped me bond with it lol.

Nice, how are the Custom Shop Fat '50s? I want to get a set for a project guitar I'm working on.
i love my strat plus, its awesome! the fender lace pups are amazing!

here are some pics (i know ive used these in another thread but they work here too)

Vala: 1987 Stratocaster Plus
Dargie: MM Stingray 5 HS Dargie Delight 1 of 15
Buttercream (for now): Stingray 4 HH ltd. 2005 Buttercream
Rose: Bongo 5 HH Fretless Candy Apple Red

Dargie Delight Aholic of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
My Headmaster has a Strat Plus, in Pewter (or the 80s MIJ equivalent of). It's a nice guitar. I have to say, as much of a traditionalist that I am, I really do like the look of Lace Sensors.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
nice. is it only me? but some reason it seems like the pickups are so set so high so close to the strings... i guess its alrite cuz they don't have much magnetic pull...?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
You can set Lace Sensors as close as you want strictly speaking, allowing for string vibration of course. Of course any pickup can be at any height, but with Lace Sensors it doesn't have a detremental effect on the tone/sustain or whatever like with normal pups.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
what makes lace sensors different from standard single coils, or sumthing like SCN pups?
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
This thread needs more pics of Strats Here's a MIA Strat that I got from the semi-annual neighborhood garage sale for cheap ... the body had dings and dents and the neck was unuseable from being stored in the garage. I installed Fender-branded Lace Sensors and painted it graffiti-style.

I felt that the NOS Fender Laces were kinda puny so now it has a Red Lace in the Bridge, Blue in the Mid and Silver in the Neck. The Red approaches Humbucker territory. The Gold parts have been replaced with Chrome.

Man thats NICE!

Its always a special feeling when you have a guitar like that, one that you work on and salvage into a great instrument.
wow... thats like a clash paint job. really nice. kinda purply tho lol. nonetheless, great guitar.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
wait... is that a two piece maple neck??? how unusual on a MIA...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by FenderStRaT RS
dude,where's the strings n Screws??

That pic was after the first clearcoat so i placed the parts for documenting the mod.
Quote by ECistheBest
wait... is that a two piece maple neck??? how unusual on a MIA...

The original neck was unusable so I used a cheap neck temporarily for taking pics so it looks like a guitar.

ohhhhh haha got it.

u can fit it with a Birdseye Maple neck from warmoth or sumtin. That'll be HOT!!!
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I just boght a strat body off the 'Bay fo $25 all up. It says it's not plywood so I hope it's alder or something cool. I dunno what I'll do with it yet, probbly jusy leave it laying around until I complete my flying V and then start in a strat.

Do you guys think it's better to buy a whole MIM or something and work from that or just buy it all in parts?

I dunno what I hope to create. Something unusual for a strat. It's routed for S-S-S, no swimming pool routing so I might make it a middle-pickup only guitar or something weird like that. Maybe put a lil' 59 and coil split it. Wire it like an Esquire so it still has switching and stuff....
make a brian may guitar in a strat shape. every pickup with DPDT on-off-on switches, making them in/out of phase or off. also series parallel switching for even more versatility. get more holes on ur pickguard and put some active preamp or sumtin in it!!!

as u can observe, i dig brian may's tone. bohemian rhapsody's tone was neck pup + middle pup out-of-phase lol.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
anyone else here store there picks jammed in the pickguard?
like on top?
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
i never did that before... do u have enough space???
i don't really want to deform my pickguard tho.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by libskate44
anyone else here store there picks jammed in the pickguard?
like on top?

my pickguard is way too tight with the body to jam a pick in there, it would end up raping the edge. I'd be careful about that unless it's a beater or something.

my 2001 Strat . Texas Specials, Graphtech saddles, Schaller locking tuners.

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
you have to loosen the pickguard screws slightly then the picks will slide in and stay there via static energy
works really well
Quote by beeboshain
I love whoring pics of my Strat

The rest of the pics...
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
wow, that's a beauty. What kind of wood is that? That's a killer grain if it's alder. If it's ash, how does it sound? I was advised against using ash with rosewood, as I was told it produces too much "sizzle".
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I love strats. I don't have a picture with me right now but i'll see to uploading it later on. The first guitar I ever bought was a strat and every time I play another electric, it feels so weird. I feel like I can't play anything but strats haha.

mine's a Made in Mexico Fender Standard Stratocaster.
got Fender Hot Noiseless Pickups
and a Clapton Style Mid Boost Circuit.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
haha i see the fender logo. its not through mirrors.
looks pretty flashy
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
How could this thread die?

*revives*

I'm getting 250K pots put in my guitar next week, does it sound alright with the fender Vintage noiseless pckups even though it came with 1 Mils?
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by CORT noob
How could this thread die?

*revives*

I'm getting 250K pots put in my guitar next week, does it sound alright with the fender Vintage noiseless pckups even though it came with 1 Mils?

r u talking bout the volume or the tone?
i have 500k for both tone and volume, but i have the hot noiseless.
tone's taper isn't so smooth... but the volume is ok.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard

Lite ash stratocaster Plays and sounds amazing.

IMO the best strat you can get for the price (€500). Where I live MIM strats cost about €450 but are nowhere as good as this one.
are they seymour duncan pickups?
btw that's some hotass neck grain+inlay. pickguard is a beauty too
i like my really simple looking strat too lol.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by GuitarMunky
Yeah I love my strat!! I have a Custom shop relic (1960 model) and I really enjoy playing it. it gets that authentic strat tone... and plays awesome... I dont have any pics but I do have a vid where I used it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp7dZ_LOgbk

wow man thats some fat tone, what amp are you using and what pickups does that guitar have?
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

Quote by Par Avion
Mine came today.

Can I join the club?

haha nice. there's no club yet but should i create a Stratocaster Users United?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by stm22

Lite ash stratocaster Plays and sounds amazing.

IMO the best strat you can get for the price (€500). Where I live MIM strats cost about €450 but are nowhere as good as this one.

Hahah yeah dude. Good to see love for the lite ash strat. I have a picture of mine somewhere in this thread.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!