Page 5 of 210
Quote by Erock503
wow, that's a beauty. What kind of wood is that? That's a killer grain if it's alder. If it's ash, how does it sound? I was advised against using ash with rosewood, as I was told it produces too much "sizzle".

Hey, sorry about the late reply - I completely forgot I posted here. But anyway, thanks - it's ash. I haven't had any problems with it, and nothing like "too much sizzle." The SCN don't make a noise other than when I play, and the ash has a big, thick tone, especially for a Strat. I love it.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
I just bought a Classic Players 60 Strat... I lurve it. It's in sunburst. Oh so sexy.
TRANSFIXUS SED NON MORTUUS
nice. classic players strats are nice. all of them. but my favorite is the 50s tho. 60s is ok. nonetheless, nice choice on the guitar.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard

2006 Hardtail.. I've had it for almost 2 months. Still stock, though I might throw in some Fralins in the near future. It's seriously a camera *****..
Quote by Zeppelin256
I love whoring pics of my Strat

Hawt

I love my Strat. It has such a wonderful feeling neck. I'll post picks tomorrow.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Quote by GuitarNinja12
Hawt

I love my Strat. It has such a wonderful feeling neck. I'll post picks tomorrow.

i love how that strat just goes into a caramel like color, i want to eat it.
Love my POS Squier strat... kind ov a real strat
92% of teens have moved to rap. I am one of the 8% that listens to real music.
Quote by El Toro
If Fender made a model of Rory Gallagher's Strat, I'd sell my parents to get it

And the rest of Rory's collection!

They do, but would your parents go for 10 Grand?
TRANSFIXUS SED NON MORTUUS
Quote by Zeppelin256
Hey, sorry about the late reply - I completely forgot I posted here. But anyway, thanks - it's ash. I haven't had any problems with it, and nothing like "too much sizzle." The SCN don't make a noise other than when I play, and the ash has a big, thick tone, especially for a Strat. I love it.

excellent, thanks man. I've been considering one myself
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
My MIM strat is the nicest guitar i've ever played. Im still unsure as to whether or not i should put a humbucker in it, since i have a HH showmaster, but i might see if i can find a fat-strat in a guitar store and see how it sounds.

Ill post a pic of it when i get home tomorrow.
God knows I don't want to be an angel

PSN ID: MattIgoe
Wii ID: 7810 3870 3554 5359
Gamertag: MattIgoe
I love my MIM strat. I thought the stock pickups were kinda lame (I think I got a sucky MIM when it comes to pickups), but it made up for it with a particularly nice neck and tuners. I ended up replacing the pickups with sensors and a hotrails. I can basically do anything with my strat now. I plan on buying another electric sometime soon, but I don't think it'll be a strat. I'm thinking of getting a LP or a SG, just so I can get some different tones out of my playing.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Do the looks of the strats not put anyone off? No disrespect to them, they sound great i admit that, but IMO they don't look that great compared with most other brands. Plus those really rubbish starter packs usually have a yamaha guitar that looks like a strat, and it would really put me off having a guitar that shares the same appearance to a cheap starter pack...infact they just have a very common non-interesting look about them

I'm not trying to offend here, just sharing my thoughts on them
Quote by piefaceFX
Do the looks of the strats not put anyone off? No disrespect to them, they sound great i admit that, but IMO they don't look that great compared with most other brands. Plus those really rubbish starter packs usually have a yamaha guitar that looks like a strat, and it would really put me off having a guitar that shares the same appearance to a cheap starter pack...infact they just have a very common non-interesting look about them

I'm not trying to offend here, just sharing my thoughts on them

Yeah, they can seem generic, but its not much of a put-off when you consider the tone you get out of the majority of them. If it sounds good its not a problem.
God knows I don't want to be an angel

PSN ID: MattIgoe
Wii ID: 7810 3870 3554 5359
Gamertag: MattIgoe
I think strats look really cool. Sure its a much copied design, but I like it
Quote by darkarbiter7
I love my MIM strat. I thought the stock pickups were kinda lame (I think I got a sucky MIM when it comes to pickups), but it made up for it with a particularly nice neck and tuners. I ended up replacing the pickups with sensors and a hotrails. I can basically do anything with my strat now. I plan on buying another electric sometime soon, but I don't think it'll be a strat. I'm thinking of getting a LP or a SG, just so I can get some different tones out of my playing.

Thats a very good idea! I did the same thing, only i had the LP first, then bought my strat today. Such a nice range of tones can be achieved that way
I love my strat. I got an Fender america strat 3 tone sunburst.
Does it put anybody else off that the 22nd fret extension (I guess that's what to call it) doesn't usually meet the body/pickguard? For some reason I really hate that. Anybody know why that is?
I love strats but cant afford a decent one so I'm making one, bought a £30 basswood body and I have a maple neck.

I'm looking into geting an american one at some point in my life too.
^ I love yellow Strats!! I hardly ever see them though. Ive only seen one once in person, except it was like 200 feet away on stage in the hands of some kid that only knew power chords. Looks nice with the stripes.

WARNING!!! Pr0n Contained Below!!

My Strat

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Last edited by GuitarNinja12 at Jun 21, 2007,
i just got a new HSS strat in faded cherryburst. I want to replace the humbucker with something like a seymour duncan, but the black will look crap with my guitars colour. What should i do?
MIM Standard, all stock, early 90s, couldn't say for sure which year. I roll Ernie Ball Super Slinkies, .09-.42, and I have enough room between my pickguard and body to jam 3 or 4 picks without messing with anything. I usually just stash 1 there, though.

Considering a set of Lace Sensor Golds and a new pickguard, and probably new pots, in the near future.
Quote by Sir Talkalot
i just got a new HSS strat in faded cherryburst. I want to replace the humbucker with something like a seymour duncan, but the black will look crap with my guitars colour. What should i do?

get a white pickup?
"There but for fortune go you or I"- Phil Ochs
a chrome pickup? lol

^^for the picture. that's seriously pr0n. whoa that's a gorgeous guitar. maybe its just the picture. nice photos.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by Sir Talkalot

Don't worry, SD pickups also come in white.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Dudes,

Mexican made strat with hotrails at the bridge. I love it. I'll post a pic from school cos they have broadband there. Cursed dial-up
Quote by ECistheBest
r u talking bout the volume or the tone?
i have 500k for both tone and volume, but i have the hot noiseless.
tone's taper isn't so smooth... but the volume is ok.

All 3 pots.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Strats are my favourite guitar!
I have an American Strat, and a Yamaha, and the Strat is waaay better.
Quote by hattori DONso
Here's my Fender Eric Johnson Sig:

Ohh, how's it's tone and feel? I've never had the honor of playing one sadly.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by Kartman
Ohh, how's it's tone and feel? I've never had the honor of playing one sadly.

I love the tone, it's clean and clear plus it can get pretty raunchy (technical terms ) It's very resonant as well, I love playing it unplugged.

It's neck is pretty big (by strat standards). It's similar to my Les Paul's neck, but maybe a tad bit chunkier. I love it.
Last edited by hattori DONso at Jun 22, 2007,
Chunkier than an LP neck? Damn, I thought it'd be perfect for me, although it does sound perfect in every other way...

Back to the find-a-strat-oh-board for me!
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
It's chunkier as you get closer to the body, towards the headstock it feels a little thinner...but damn it feels nice and my hands aren't that big either (I'm about 5' 6")
Strats are a really nice piece of kit. In fact, i'm considering getting one myself. I just need to know how versatile they are. I like from RHCP to metallica.
Quote by Rory's_strat
Strats are a really nice piece of kit. In fact, i'm considering getting one myself. I just need to know how versatile they are. I like from RHCP to metallica.

why would you name yourself Rory's strat if you don't own a strat?

well anyway, does anyone here in UG lucky enough to own a rory gahleger strat? i wanna know how they play.
Quote by FrozenSheep
why would you name yourself Rory's strat if you don't own a strat?

well anyway, does anyone here in UG lucky enough to own a rory gahleger strat? i wanna know how they play.

Well A squier Strat isn't really a strat now is it?