flamingmarble27
Banned
512 IQ
I've read that a tremolo bridge on a Strat can be converted into a hardtail by "blocking" it. What exactly does it mean by "blocking"? Can anyone give a good description of what you do to block it and keep it from moving?

I had originally planned to get a hardtail bridge for a strat and replace the tremolo that's currently installed, but I learned it would be pretty difficult. Then I saw that you could change a tremolo, and that it was a lot cheaper.
supergerbil
¦¬ ¦¬ ¦¬ ¦¾ ½ ¼ GONE!
1,089 IQ
put a block of wood in...
Take offf the back plate and there should be 2 big screws going into the wood. Screw them in and the screws on the top of the bridge until the vibrato wont move anymore. Thats what i did
flamingmarble27
Banned
512 IQ
Quote by supergerbil
put a block of wood in...
Take offf the back plate and there should be 2 big screws going into the wood. Screw them in and the screws on the top of the bridge until the vibrato wont move anymore. Thats what i did

I'll have to remove the springs from the back before doing that, right?
cokeisbetter
Who?
1,905 IQ
Just shove a piece of wood in between the tremolo and the side of the cavity. No screwdriver necessary, and it'll probably work a bit better than tightening the springs. You'll probably have to re-intonate, though.
supergerbil
¦¬ ¦¬ ¦¬ ¦¾ ½ ¼ GONE!
1,089 IQ
Quote by flamingmarble27
anyone?

no, dont remove the springs. They are what keeps the bridge tight.
Will_Minus
UG's nail-head-hitter
188 IQ
Yes. Make sure it's a tight fit.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
tubab0y
old skool user.
1,326 IQ
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Rock Savior
Call Me Ricky :)
749 IQ
i think so...as that would make it so you couldn't push it back....

that should be perfect...
Quote by thundrstruk891
do EXACTLY what rock savior said.

EXACTLY.

Quote by SGKIDD
^^ X2,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

To me

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar or blues_rocker to join.