So i just got this guitar with a floyd rose and i restringed it and now the floyd rose kinda looks like its in a violent and bad angle. is this a bad thing? Look at the pic.
http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/1347/1000985sa0.jpg
maybe its not gonna hurt anything but i thught the floyd rose was supposed to be more flush, btw it is tunned properly, now to tight or anything.
open the back plate, and loosen the screws.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
go in through the back and loosen your springs youll have to retune. you kinda have to find a medium with theese. i couldnt take it anymore so i got rid of mine
(signature removed, please choose another)
I'm no expert, but i dare say that your floyd rose is correct. I was informed by some dude that its called a "floating bridge" or something like that, and means that its sort of in stasis between your actually board and your neck so i THINK that's right.
Funky c, Funky do
Quote by funky_c
I'm no expert, but i dare say that your floyd rose is correct. I was informed by some dude that its called a "floating bridge" or something like that, and means that its sort of in stasis between your actually board and your neck so i THINK that's right.

nah, it is a floater but it should be equal to the body
(signature removed, please choose another)
by the looks of it dude you dont have to loosen the screws under the back plate but rather tighten them to keep the strings from pulling the bridge up like that
member of the "proud owner of an Ibanez club" PM goldbuddist to join!

gear:
Deluxe Players Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez RG320FM
Standard Stratocaster
Fender FM212R
Digitech RP400
no, you need to find a way to block the tremolo while youre stringing it so it cant go up like that, you dont need to loosen or tighten anything. take the strings off, take the back plate off, put some picks in front of and behind the block so it cant move, string and tune, then take the picks out. its real simple, just find a way to make sure that it is level with the body when you string it.
well first off....floyds arent always floating bridges...so disregard that upper comment. Did you change yours strings one at a time and retune it before you went on to the next one? Your floyd is not supposed to be flush with the body....depends on the model and how it is set up. May i ask what guitar model it is and the maker? If i were you...and i seriously think you should consider this is, take it to a guitar shop and have them set it up...tell them what tuning you will use most often and tell them to set the guitar up for you. Its worth the money...and erases alot of headaches
Quote by Adimantium
Your floyd is not supposed to be flush with the body....depends on the model and how it is set up. May i ask what guitar model it is and the maker?

By the looks of his gear, he has a Jackson RR3 Rhoads V

And...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1c-7-VMY_w&mode=related&search=

Try this. But it looks like you need to loosen your strings and tighten your screws.
Note: i am not an expert on floyd roses. this is just a suggestion
okay, basically unlock the nut and give both of the claw's screws a couple turns then retune and repeat till its level.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12