I've got a problem with my Laney HCM15R which I have for about two years. When I play on distortion it starts to do some crazy ****. Sometimes the signal is distroted, other times it's clean, sometimes it's distorted up to the 5th fret and clean onwards, sometimes the signal dies out completely. In addition, I can hear that some part inside the box with all the electronics had fallen off, since when I move the amp I can hear it moving.

Any suggestions? I tried to figure it out myself, but I have a hard time opening it :P I unscrewed the four screws at the top, that hold the box with all the electronics, but I'm afraid of pushing it or pulling either side, because I don't know if I'll break anything...
Listen to my songs!

Hate Unleashed
"The song itself is simply awesome." - British Steel about Hate Unleashed
"Really good." - DarkTom666 about Hate Unleashed
A Pleasant Point

Crit for crit
Last edited by Ed T H at Jun 15, 2007,
check your cable. and i wouldnt try opening it yourself. ss amps are a little hard to fix yourself.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Checked the cable, it's definitely the amp, I even checked it with a different cable and a different guitar, same thing happens. I also checked my guitar with my cable on a different amp, sounds ok.
Listen to my songs!

Hate Unleashed
"The song itself is simply awesome." - British Steel about Hate Unleashed
"Really good." - DarkTom666 about Hate Unleashed
A Pleasant Point

Crit for crit