Hi, i'm currently looking into getting an effects pedal board and adding several more peadals for my rig. Right now, i have been playing my Epi LP through a Roland Cube 30 with an multi-processor (Yamaha Magicbox). I really don't care for the tone i get from the machine and want to start utilizing individual pedals more. My question is this: Do most effects pedals have the same power jacks/outlets. I ask this because i want to buy a board with a power supply so i don't have to use batteries. Currently, i have 2 Boss pedals, but i want to be able to mix other brands in there. Anyways, thanks in advance for the advice!
---Epiphone Les Paul Studio---
---Roland Cube 30---
www.myspace.com/themusicofchris

~I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen. Not only because I see it, but because I see everything by it. -- C.S. Lewis~
yea. they're all universal. most are 9v outlets except fuzz boxes, which have an opposite polarity. some pedals use more power, like 18v dunlop slash wahs and such. but most are usable.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
most have 9 volt power thingies, like the boss pedals for example. try and get pedals that are true bypass, because it sucks when youve got 5 pedals that arent and are all lined up. if you end up having to get several pedals like that, try getting a thing-a-ma-jig that can have the circuit go past those pedals, i forget what theyre called
I would highly recommend a dunlop power brick. It's very small and can power 7 different pedals with 9v connections and you can just plug it into a power stirp. I have one, its awesome.
Amp
Champ 300

Guitar
Epiphone les paul classic

Pedals
MD-2
DD-3
Crybaby from hell
Digitech Whammy

Founder of the "Rock and Roll will never die but if it does,
I'm sure as hell going to bring it back
" club.

PM me to join.
Ok awesome, i'll check out the dunlop. How can i tell which pedals have true bypass? Will they be labeled or something? Also, on a sidenote woudl a volume pedal work well with the cube?
---Roland Cube 30---

~I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen. Not only because I see it, but because I see everything by it. -- C.S. Lewis~
if you get a full pedalboard of true bypass pedals, you will lose alot of signal in that long signal chain. just get 1 or 2 buffered bypasses and put them where they sound best in your chain.

manufacturers usually boast about their true bypass pedals, but true HARD/WIRED bypass is NOT true bypass.

technically all pedals would work with the cube. but IMO a volume pedal is pretty useless if you can use your volume knob well, unless you place the volume pedal somewhere different other than first in the chain.

when you buy a pedal, just check and see what voltage, polarity it requires and you should be fine.
Your better off buying a peice of wood, some velcro tape, and a power brick or other type of power supply, they will pedal mostly 5-10 or so 9vs and 3 or 4 18vs. I wouldnt bother putting a volume pedal infront of a cube amp, and honestly, pedals arent going to work well with it from personal experiance (What idiot at guitar center thought to put a modeler to test there pedals with...)
Yea the cube amp is alright, but i've found it really limited for certain styles of music. So if i understand correctly, i might better off at looking at a few pedals and a new tube amp?
---Roland Cube 30---

exactly

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
i concur the idea about having at least one buffer

true bypass is great, but you can loose a lot of signal in an all-true bypass chain. I use a korg DT-10 tuner pedal, because it has an almost transparent buffer.

Just something to think about.
Quote by chrisd21
Hi, i'm currently looking into getting an effects pedal board and adding several more peadals for my rig. Right now, i have been playing my Epi LP through a Roland Cube 30 with an multi-processor (Yamaha Magicbox). I really don't care for the tone i get from the machine and want to start utilizing individual pedals more. My question is this: Do most effects pedals have the same power jacks/outlets. I ask this because i want to buy a board with a power supply so i don't have to use batteries. Currently, i have 2 Boss pedals, but i want to be able to mix other brands in there. Anyways, thanks in advance for the advice!

Yea just about all the boss pedals are 9VDC center (-) but its always good to keep an eye at the power input either on the manual or pedal.

I actually like the magicstomp, great delays and reverbs.
I'm thinking of getting another one just for the good reverbs and delays as they are cheap on eBay.

The Roland cube amps just don't like FX pedals though like my micro cube just would not sound great with my magicstomp and EX7...