As far as saturation and break up happening on an amp how big of a difference does it make between 20w and 50w. I won't be able to turn the amp all the way up most of the time and I have heard that most tube amps sound better at higher volumes. I am deciding between the H&K 20th anniversary 20w and the Traynor Blue 50w and I just didnt know how big of a difference the two would make as far as getting a good solid sound out of the amp?
Schecter Diamond Series Omen 6
Line 6 Spider III amp
Quote by Nirvana-Man
50w will be much louder

No it won't. The volume difference will be barely noticeable.

Generally I'd go for the lower wattage, but I own the YCV50, and it's a damn good amp (just makes sure to change the tubes, the stock ones are quite muddy)
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
The 50 watt will be something like 20% louder, if that. You'll get alot more clean headroom with that though.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I don't know much about tube amps, I've never been able to afford a good one heh. I was just curious as to the difference between small wattage differences in high wattage amps, such as 120 and 150.
You have to give people something to dream on.

- Jimi Hendrix

- My Rig -

Gibson 76' Reissue Explorer.

Vox DA5 Portable Amplifier runing through a
Crate GT1200H Solid State full stack.
there won't be much of a volume difference with both all the way up, but the traynor will start to break up at a much louder volume than the smaller, 20watt amp will.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile