Heya guys ! ...

I have a 1979 fender strat but want an absolute beast of a metal guitar for, Panter, trivium, damage plan and metallica playing etc....and really want a Dean ML style guitar.

And its between the Dean razorback in shards or a Dime-o-flame.

just wondering what you think looks the best,

I think i prefer the Dime-o-flame because it has that original shape, but i like the shards graphic and the spikey agressivness.. ! but i like the dot inlays on the flames kneck..lol

Thanks anyways.
Last edited by GrissomFan at Jun 15, 2007,
honestly there both over priced cuz dimes name ive played both and i think i like the flame better jsut a better feel to me but the 79 fr is the same guitar i believe just cheaper cuz dimes names not on it i really like them both tho really good guitars just pricey thats all
They both have his name on it. !

They have the same pick ups, the same floyd rose, the fret boards are slightly different and the shape of the guitar is obviously different.

I have my heart set on one of these, ..and i know there made in china and are over priced, and and some ESP's and BC rich's are better, but to be honest i know exactly what i want this time, i want a dean and i want a Dimebag Darell styled guitar ML..

So its either the ML style or the razroback...
it suprises me how many people dislike these razorbacks and new styled ML's...

why is this ? are they really that crappy?
Quote by GrissomFan
it suprises me how many people dislike these razorbacks and new styled ML's...

why is this ? are they really that crappy?

Yes, they are extremely overpriced for a guitar with a LFR and a ****ty Dimebucker.
whats a LFR ? liscensed floyd rose or summit ?

I think there sweet....what do you play then, or strongly suggest as an alternative.

I hope i dont come accross like another dimebag wanna be tennager who lisents to pantera for 24hrs a day with his friends lol...
Well i did the right thing today and went and played both of them.

The Razorbacks neck has a different feel to the Dean from hell, i think one is a D and one is more of a V shape neck.

Anyway, i think im gunna go for the razorback shards...i like both of them, maybe i will own 2 Deans in the future !
why dont you actually get a guitar that dime played for the majority of his career? Washburn dime line is far superior to the dean ML's. better pickups, better trems, better construction, and they look a hell of alot better. (since that seems to what only matters to you in a guitar) and the razorback uses a sticker as the top.

1400 dollars new, that is, if you can still get one.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
I like deans. If you want the shards id google the guitar and see what it really looks like. The photoshopped pic and the actual guitar have a bit of a difference. But the dof is nice. The explosion razorback is just damn sexy for the same price as the shards. Good luck on your pick man.
tubadude - thanks for the pics man, nice axe's.

Crayola666 - i played one today in my local shop, i played it through a kick ass randall aswell.

It took me ages to figure out what sound i wanted and what tone from my main guitar, i went through PRS's, fender tele's, Gibsons SG's and les puals..and came out with an original 1979 stratocaster from their custom shop, so i think its harsh to say im completly basing this choise of guitar clearly on looks.

Here is a few of my strat ! it pwns.

I have never seen a strat like it, so to me it is very unique.

I know you say why not choose a guitar dime played most of his career, but why not play one that he designed himself !
^because it sucks, and is grossly overpriced. reasons have already been said.

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by tubadude
why dont you actually get a guitar that dime played for the majority of his career? Washburn dime line is far superior to the dean ML's. better pickups, better trems, better construction, and they look a hell of alot better. (since that seems to what only matters to you in a guitar) and the razorback uses a sticker as the top.

This man knows what he is talking about, go with a Washburn, either find it on Ebay or get a Boogiebolt.

www.boogiestreet.com
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Quote by tubadude

nice....
Quote by Ferdinandstrat
My problem is the lube,it's not easing the pain,it just makes it less gripy

Quote by BringMeTheCalm
Wait a minute! Do they send the boxes in boxes!?

EASY MONEY!!!!

Quote by steven seagull
Ive checked these guitars out, and im gunna travel to a shop that has few in and play em.

I am getting a vibe that owning a dean Razorback, just isnt metal.