Any fans here? He's a great songwriter and is still making albums. I really really anjoy his music to chill out.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
I enjoyed his appearance on The Simpsons... and his brief appearance playing a song with Chef on South Park "prostitutes! Prostitutes. James Taylor everybody prostitutes! Prostitutes" *principal walks in**stops playing* "damnit James Taylor! what the hell you doing here singing about Prostitutes!"
^ That's gold. What are everybody's favourite songs/albums by James?

Quote by Kartman

Last edited by Sloopy at Jun 15, 2007,
Quote by Cobalt Blue
I enjoyed his appearance on The Simpsons... and his brief appearance playing a song with Chef on South Park "prostitutes! Prostitutes. James Taylor everybody prostitutes! Prostitutes" *principal walks in**stops playing* "damnit James Taylor! what the hell you doing here singing about Prostitutes!"

That south park was HILARIOUS.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
I have a live album of his, but I haven't actually listen to (don't shoot me).

I've heard a few of his songs, and I really can't complain about any of them. I'm definitely going to try out this album soon, and hopefully buy more of his albums if I like this one.
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
I have a live album of his, but I haven't actually listen to (don't shoot me).

I've heard a few of his songs, and I really can't complain about any of them. I'm definitely going to try out this album soon, and hopefully buy more of his albums if I like this one.

His early stuff is really great. I also recomment Handy Man, Something In The Way She Moves (nothing to do with the Beatles' Something) and Shower The People You Love With Love for the just starting out Taylor fan.

Quote by Kartman

Quote by TheHeartbreaker
Okay, I'll take those into consideration.

Alright. Glad I could convert another person into his music.

I recommend it for that chill out time we all deserve on Friday nights.

Quote by Kartman

Quote by TheHeartbreaker
Well, it's summer for me, so the next two months are chill out time.

Cool. Basically everyday is a bit like summer vacation for me. Being semi retired is probably where I'll stay for the rest of my life.

Quote by Kartman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lvtKi7opEY

That is why James Taylor is the most underrated song writer in rock history.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
He's from my home state. His music is so relaxing. Handy Man and Fire and Rain are my current favorites.
LOL
James Taylor (and Frank Sinatra) was the soundtrack to my summer holidays as a child so I have an inbedded love of his music. I only have 'Best Of's at the moment but I might try and get some of his earlier albums, especially those on the Apple label.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Quote by Derigiberble
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lvtKi7opEY

That is why James Taylor is the most underrated song writer in rock history.

Yeah I love that song. His early stuff is way underrated. Too bad he had all those heroin troubles that kinda made his first few records seem a bit sketchy - but I just love it. That first record gets me everytime.

Quote by Kartman

I really love him. Saw him live last year and he was awesome. His voice has aged like a fine wine...
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
Flag and Walking Man are my favourite albums of his.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
I never listened to him really, but last night my dad played me this song of James's that my dad and my uncle were playing guitar on, it wasn't really my thing. I'd probably have to hear his playing though
Quote by Cptbeefheart
I really love him. Saw him live last year and he was awesome. His voice has aged like a fine wine...

Has it? I've never seen him live before. What was the show like - was it just him and a guitar or what? I would have killed to see him in the late 60's when he used to play clubs barefoot sitting crosslegged with an acoustic geetar.

Quote by Kartman

It was just him and another guy on the piano. Very intimate show with slideshows of his early life and tours. Really an excellent performer, a great singer, and an underrated guitarist. You should try to see him live next time he tours.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
Quote by Sloopy
His early stuff is really great. I also recomment Handy Man, Something In The Way She Moves (nothing to do with the Beatles' Something) and Shower The People You Love With Love for the just starting out Taylor fan.

haha, i thought that the first time i saw the title of the song. great song though. its off of my favorite album of his.

the album should usually be listened to all the way through.

hey, does anybody ever hear James Taylor on their classic rock stations? i dont think i ever have
Quote by Sloopy
Has it? I've never seen him live before. What was the show like - was it just him and a guitar or what? I would have killed to see him in the late 60's when he used to play clubs barefoot sitting crosslegged with an acoustic geetar.

Me too. But, I was born like 30 years later.
LOL
To Jearl, I hear his 'How Sweet It Is' cover sometimes, and the occasion 'Traffic Jam'. I usually request all the James Taylor though during my station's request hour.

Quote by Kartman

Controller: Er, some good news, gentlemen. We have quite a treat for
you. We've been able to coax superstar James Taylor in here
to Mission Control to wish you well and play you a little
bit of his own brand of laid-back adult contemporary music.
Homer: Wow, former president James Taylor.
Taylor: How ya doin', fellas?
Buzz: With all due respect, Mr. Taylor, this isn't the best time
for your unique brand of bittersweet folk rock. We have a
potentially critical situation here. I'm sure you'll
understand.
Taylor: Listen, Aldrin, I'm not as laid back as people think. Now
here's the deal: I'm going to play, and you're going to
float there and like it.

it had to be said
Quote by Jearl
haha, i thought that the first time i saw the title of the song. great song though. its off of my favorite album of his.

the album should usually be listened to all the way through.

hey, does anybody ever hear James Taylor on their classic rock stations? i dont think i ever have

James Taylor was signed to the Beatles Apple Records... and George Harrison took inspiration for his song "Something", from the James Taylor song.

And ya, I love James Taylor. Great great voice, really cool acoustic guitar, just some great music to chill to.

Fire and Rain, Carolina in my Mind, Sweet Baby James and Steamroller would be my favorites.
Please don't confront me with my failures. I had not forgotten them.