Is John a Christian? Someone posted on songmeanings.net and said he was, but it was the first I've heard of it. Anyone know? Thanks in advance~
Iunno he's Italian so he's probably Catholic by birth but I doubt he follows it much
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
Christians can't shred.

That was a joke. Let's not get our knickers in a twist.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
He's a practicing Catholic.
Quote by Resiliance
I ain't dissin' ya bro.

I be doin' some 'o dat sarcasm **** right thurr.
I'm fairly positive that John is a catholic, so yes, he is a Christian. All you need to do is look at some of his lyrics: a lot of Scenes from a Memory (especially "The Spirit Carries On"), Lines in the Sand, and even In the Presence of Enemies Part II from the new album; the end speaks of how the protagonist is no longer afraid of his hell because he has regained faith in the Lord.

Dream Theater has a lot of Christian overtones in their songs. As a matter of fact, I believe every member has some sort of faith, whether it catholic or Jewish (I think Portnoy is).

And Christians can't shred? How immature. lol
"If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, just let them go, because man, they're gone." Jack Handy

http://aurora.dmusic.com
Quote by ApexGT
I'm fairly positive that John is a catholic, so yes, he is a Christian. All you need to do is look at some of his lyrics: a lot of Scenes from a Memory (especially "The Spirit Carries On"), Lines in the Sand, and even In the Presence of Enemies Part II from the new album; the end speaks of how the protagonist is no longer afraid of his hell because he has regained faith in the Lord.

Dream Theater has a lot of Christian overtones in their songs. As a matter of fact, I believe every member has some sort of faith, whether it catholic or Jewish (I think Portnoy is).

Thanks a bunch ~
Ah, I see Snowball, my fellow member of the DT forum got it first. Damn.
"If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, just let them go, because man, they're gone." Jack Handy

Quote by ApexGT
Ah, I see Snowball, my fellow member of the DT forum got it first. Damn.

Hah, your answer was much more thorough
Quote by Resiliance
I ain't dissin' ya bro.

I be doin' some 'o dat sarcasm **** right thurr.
Haha Portnoy's Jewish? Im not surprised lmfao
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
For the record (I just looked these up): John is a Catholic, Portnoy is Jewish, but doesn't actively practice, Rudess is Jewish, LaBrie is Christian, and Myung is Christian.

Given how much time Portnoy has been spending with Neal Morse, recording he's been doing with him, touring, and the fact that i saw them praying together in a Neal Morse DVD... I'd put money on Portnoy being Jewish by birth, but believing more of a "Christian" theology.
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
Quote by Musicman48858
Given how much time Portnoy has been spending with Neal Morse, recording he's been doing with him, touring, and the fact that i saw them praying together in a Neal Morse DVD... I'd put money on Portnoy being Jewish by birth, but believing more of a "Christian" theology.

I could understand that. Morse is certainly a strong Christian. Perhaps some of it rubbed off. I guess it all depends on how far Mike's Jewish roots grow.

Quote by ApexGT

actually listen to In the Name of God lyrics
all i know is that John is catholic. well, all i knew before i read all that. And, is Blind Faith about religion? it seems like it, but i cant completely tell.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build