Hey fellas, I just installed vista on my gf's laptop, everything is working fine except her display, I think her display settings is 800x600. and I cant move it up to where it should be, anyone know where I can find some drivers? all I know is she has a HP laptop and its a p4. Thanks
Well, Vista is a bitch on most stuff man. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful thing,but it's probably not anything that can change. The requirements are huge for the OS. It probably won't change at all, doubt its a driver issue just for that reason. If you want, go to the HP homepage and look up the troubleshooting section for help for Vista.

If you're new, which I'm guessing, because of the 'i think it's 800x600' thing. Right click the background and go to customize, then just click display or something to do with the monitor, I've only used Vista once. Then see if it will change, if nothing comes up then go to the hp site. It's the only hope, because laptops are really not all desktops at all in since if you want video drives for a desktop then you go to the video card manufacturer site and get them. Laptops, they are all on the site of the manufacturer of the laptop.

Hope that helped some.

Matt
My Gear:
Agile - 2000 W/ EMG 81/85
Fender 112 Stageman
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Digitech Rp100
Yamaha Ac/El
you cant move it up?? or you dont know how?

EDIT: i doubt its a driver issue coz all drivers should come with vista.

right click your desktop > personalize > display settings, then you should be able to click and drag the resolution bar upwards.

i dunno how old her laptop is coz if it running vista it should be able to go to at least to 1024 x 768
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
Last edited by RaNdoM-FeLiX at Jun 15, 2007,
Why did you ever do that in the first place?
www.h-p.com ?
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Im not a computer n00b at all. The bar where u simply drag to "enhance" the visuals goes to 1280 by 1024 but when I click apply, it doesnt apply it goes blank, then appears as 800x600 again
Quote by d_byrne23
Im not a computer n00b at all. The bar where u simply drag to "enhance" the visuals goes to 1280 by 1024 but when I click apply, it doesnt apply it goes blank, then appears as 800x600 again

Hmmm... what model laptop is it?
maybe the screen cant handle a high res?
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
her laptop is a beast, Im just waitin til she gets home soon so I can get the exact specs, I know it runs at 2.8ghz, I just dont know what specific card is in her machine. It can handle high res for sure, it was a very expensive laptop, and it worked on vista, i think its a driver issue
ever try just doing it and restarting directly afterward?
My Gear:
Agile - 2000 W/ EMG 81/85
Fender 112 Stageman
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Digitech Rp100
Yamaha Ac/El