Hey guys, my band is doind a gig at a block party in august and were starting to put together a playlist, we've already got a few songs down and everything, such as: We're not gunna take it-Twisted sister 2 original songs, Enter Sandman-metallica, but we really want a catchy song that everyone knows and can sing along too and have fun with. We also want to know what kind of music most people would want to hear at a block party because honestly i have no clue i think even metallica might be too heavy or somthing. any feedback or suggestions would b excellent
I know if I took my kids to the block party and heard metallica .....well just say that wont fly with the wife. Kiss maybe, rock and roll all night, easy song to learn, every one knows it and will sing along but still hard enough for the metal heads.
Gear;
Ibanez AF75
Takamine EG550
Digitech gnx3
Peavey Classic 50
OH and dont forget the cover band standards....brown eyed girl and mustang sally!!
Gear;
Ibanez AF75
Takamine EG550
Digitech gnx3
Peavey Classic 50
Take Me Out by Franz Ferdinand is a lively song and is well known. That would be a good addition to the set list. As telemonster said Kiss would be a good choice. I would go with Strutter. Also Ace of Spades by Motorhead
Whitest Kid U' Know of the Bass Militia
PM Dinky Daisy to join

Originally posted by Civildp1
I can't drink tequila anymore. it makes me do terrible things. Terrible naked things.
Quote by HeavenlyVirus
Fall Out Boy!!! haha, if you're willing to disgrace yourselves.

I guess that would be a good choice considering how popular they are. Play the most popular Fallout Boy song right now and you'll hook up with every 13 year old girl at the block party!
Whitest Kid U' Know of the Bass Militia
PM Dinky Daisy to join

Originally posted by Civildp1
I can't drink tequila anymore. it makes me do terrible things. Terrible naked things.
anything by AC/DC should get the crowd going
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves
yeah i had a feeling metallica would be too much, and i dont think FoB will fly with the rest of the band. KISS is a good idea also. we were also thinking along the lines of the Ramones fast and easy kinda thing how does that sound?
Christian
um idk how 'crowd pleasing' it would be but Smells Like Teen Spirit is a nice easy one that most know (or recognize at least)
Satan isn't inside a guitar pick. He's in here. In our hearts. He's what makes us not want to go to work, or excercise or tell the truth. He's that little voice in your mind that says "Fuck you" to the people you hate.
Bandleading is the way to be! Jump on your horse and follow me!!
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.