I was just wanting to know what some of you other guys thought of programs like Fretboard Warrior and other stuff that helps people memorize notes on the fretboard. Do you think it really helps as much as sitting down with a guitar and doing it the old fashioned way?
You have to give people something to dream on.

- Jimi Hendrix

- My Rig -

Gibson 76' Reissue Explorer.

Vox DA5 Portable Amplifier runing through a
Crate GT1200H Solid State full stack.
Just sit down and do it. If you don't have the dedication for that, you are in trouble.

Do it ten minutes at the beginning of the day/your practice session, and ten minutes before bed.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
It's a supplement, not a substitute.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Just play your songs or whatever, than think what notes di i play ect, doing it the old was will help a lot more.
Quote by Blues Breaker
Just play your songs or whatever, than think what notes di i play ect, doing it the old was will help a lot more.

There is the issue of easy chord construction and solo improvisation, however. To get out of those nasty box positions.
I have always told people to do it the way they wanted when they asked me this question. I myself learned the old fashioned way. I just didn't know if there was a disadvantage to using this program as the main practice tool for fretboard memorization. This may be a good topic for some of the novice guitar players to look at since most newer students avoid knowing the notes on the fretboard.
You have to give people something to dream on.

- Jimi Hendrix

- My Rig -

Gibson 76' Reissue Explorer.

Vox DA5 Portable Amplifier runing through a
Crate GT1200H Solid State full stack.
Last edited by BlakeAllan at Jun 16, 2007,