has anyone noticed the lack of quality control on the MIM fenders. I think i got a monday guitar because it plays fine but every 6 months i have to send it to a luthier to have the neck straightend cause it bends like nothign ive ever seen. Whereas my friends MIM fender has no problems and plays like a dream. Anyone else experianced this.
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
I've heard about the lack of quality control on today's MIM and MIA fenders and for that reason i won't touch them, if you have to get a fender buy an MIJ or stop paying so much for the Fender name and buy something that everyone hasn't got
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
I don't know much about those MIM's, but readjusting the truss rod after a few months on a new guitar seems regular procedure to me. Even top quality naturally aged woods must be allowed some time to get used to being a highly stressed part of a guitar, after which some slight readjustment might be necessary. Don't worry too much about it.
Quote by Marcel Veltman
I don't know much about those MIM's, but readjusting the truss rod after a few months on a new guitar seems regular procedure to me. Even top quality naturally aged woods must be allowed some time to get used to being a highly stressed part of a guitar, after which some slight readjustment might be necessary. Don't worry too much about it.

ive had this guitar for about 1 and a half years and had to realign the neck 3 times so im sure im past that stage.
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
Well have looked at possiblites such as environmental conditions because this could also effect the bass.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
Quote by Double Basser
I've heard about the lack of quality control on today's MIM and MIA fenders and for that reason i won't touch them, if you have to get a fender buy an MIJ or stop paying so much for the Fender name and buy something that everyone hasn't got

Believe me, the MIA quality control is a lot better than it used to be. With the MIJ's you used to be much more likely to get a great one, but Fender have really stepped up their quality control over the past few years on their American instruments and now they do surpass their Japanese counterparts. I've not played a bad one yet, and I've played quite a few.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
did anybody else think of the Jurassic 5 song when they saw this thread?
This is how the world ends.
I've got a MIM Jazz and a MIA Precision. I've had the Jazz for years and it hasn't given me an ounce of trouble, and I live in Michigan which has the worst seasonal climate shifts of any state in the US. And it's super-humid. I just got my Precision two days ago, and I don't expect it to give me any problems either (it's a 2006).
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
i bought my Hwy 1 jazz new in '04, the shop did a quick check of the set-up. i changed strings a few weeks later, and did a slight intonation adjustment. i have had zero issues with the quality of my bass. it is the 5th Fender Jazz i've owned.
i believe Fenders quality is as good as any, in their price range, and worth every penny i paid for them. i don't play them because everyone else does, i play them because i like their sound, and feel. i've owned MIM's, MIJ's, and MIA's. the MIA's were the better of the bunch. and my MIM was just as nice as the MIJ.