My guitar has a floyd rose bridge so usually I get pretty good tuning stability. But lately whenever I bend the G string or just pick it a lot it gets really really flat! I don't know what the problem is! I thought it might be the locking nut so I tightened the toplocks a bit and even switched em around but it didn't help. Some of them we're a little worn down so I sanded em just a bit to make them nice and smooth again, but it didn't solve the problem. Somehow I'm not sure the locking nut is the problem, when I try to do a behind the nut bend on my G string it does stay in tune (it would ofcourse go sharp if the locking nut was too loose)

I also tried reattaching the string at the bridge making sure it was properly attached, but that didn't help one bit either!

The annoying thing is that I have a performance on monday and I don't want my G string to detune itself halfway trough my song! Does anyone know what's going on with my guitar?

E: I have Elixer 10s on my guitar that are less then a few weeks old.
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Morley PWA Pro Series Wah
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

Tales of Ale: http://www.talesofale.com
I don't know how to fix it myself either, but:

With my Ibanez RGT42DX (Edge II trem), I've got almost the same problem.
When I press my whammy down, or sometimes when I bend, my G string jumps out of tune like 20, 30 percent. The weird thing is that, after I strike it a few times, or bend it, or press the whammy again, it jumps back in tune.
You sure it isn't friction at the nut? try rubbing a pencil inside the string groove in the nut. the graphite from the pencil should smoothen it out.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
hmmmm, i had this prob, but i realised i didnt tighten my lockin nuts wif an allen key n i had 2 tighten the string extra tight n its still in tune..........
It could just be the string stretching. Try stretching your strings by pulling up on the trem with the nut locked. However, in my experience most Floyd problems are from not using enough torque on the locks. You'd be suprised how tightly you can get the nuts and string clamps to lock, I usually turn them till they are tight with the long shaft in the lock, then turn it around and give it another good torquing with the short shaft, making sure that I get a good clamp. Now I'm gonna say something dirty, 'cause I want to. If your nuts aren't tight on your g-string it will go loose on you.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
It's always the g-string, for some strange reason, which sets up for a lot of bad jokes :-D
I tried the pencil graphite thing at it helped a bit, but when I do a lot of bends I still have the problem. Anyone else know what I should look at?
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

^Amen.
Or maybe get a trem converter or something.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Lubricate the trem posts to ensure better trem return.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Well it turned out the nut wasn't the problem. The string was slowly loosening at the bridge, that's why it was going flat all the time. I smoothed the little metal block that holds the string in place at the bridge, because the surface was a bit rough. After reattaching and retuning the string the tuning stability of the G string has become normal again
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3