your genres ?
ss or tubes ?
size of gig ?
combo or head ?
wattage ?
want some built-in effects ?
i

'd not get a marshall avt, better amps for the price.
Last edited by fender&gibson at Jun 16, 2007,
I like punk and rock. Not so much metal. Not that big, maybe 200 people. Whats difference between a SS and a tube?
well, solid states generally weigh less, are more reliable and and are cheaper than tube amps.
on the other hand, tube amps generally sound better for overdrive but you need to replace tubes every now and then.
a tube amp is always louder than a ss if they have the same wattage.
if you don't know the difference i assume you're a beginner and i'd recommend a solid state amp.

i'll put up some links to good amps .
you prefer a combo or head ?

oh yeah, your budget ??
What ever is the best bang for my buck. Combo or head. Cool il look at some solid state amps. Do some more research.

How can you tell if there solid state or tube? some websites dont say
line 6 are all ss, but do not get a spider ! crap.
marshall are all tube exept the mg's but do not get them too, again crap.

what your maximum you want to give ?
i'll give some recommendations.
oh and again combo or head ?
actually AVTs are decent amps, just buy them used, you get sooo much markdown man, i actually toured with an AVT for awhile since I diddnt want to take my good tube amps at the time out, it took some tweeking but i found some really great tones from the amp, and the scoop button amazing if you want a real meaty sound, about the only thing ill say is the Acoustic Simulator was horrible. SS isnt bad, alot of young players get it in their mind that tubes own all, which i love tube amps but alot of SS amps do have good tones, its just the cheap ones have horrible tones and give a bad rep to all SS amps
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by dertjoe
actually AVTs are decent amps, just buy them used, you get sooo much markdown man, i actually toured with an AVT for awhile since I diddnt want to take my good tube amps at the time out, it took some tweeking but i found some really great tones from the amp, and the scoop button amazing if you want a real meaty sound, about the only thing ill say is the Acoustic Simulator was horrible. SS isnt bad, alot of young players get it in their mind that tubes own all, which i love tube amps but alot of SS amps do have good tones, its just the cheap ones have horrible tones and give a bad rep to all SS amps

you're right, but avt's need ALOT of tweeking before you get a good tone.
and you're very right bout ss
Quote by rtyrtyrtyus
Could you give some reccomendations from

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/marshall-dsl401/283

The makes are down the right of the page

Probably about £500, i want it to last quite a long time so id probably get a solid state amp.

none of those on that site are good really...
and you get me wrong, a tube amp last long too, but you need to replace the tubes approximatly every two years and that'll cost you about 100 dollars every time.

solid state is the way to go for you my friend.

i'll post some links.
None are good. lol. Can you link me to a decent site? Sorry il leave you alone soon.