Page 1 of 2
ok well my cousin watched the movie "the descent" today and now is scared and wont go to sleep , he is seriously wont shut his eyes, tears and the whole works

i need some needs of calming him down!
anyone know any good methods of calming a 9 year old down?

like for the "boogie man in the closet" i check the closet and show him its empty... but dont know how to combat this exactly...

Any ideas??

EDIT: running in there yelling "OOGIE BOOGIE BOOGIE!!!!" isnt an option , i want this kid to sleep tonight.
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
Last edited by RaNdoM-FeLiX at Jun 16, 2007,
Sedatives
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Maybe have him watch another movie/TV show that isn't scary at all. That way he'll get his mind off of what was scaring him, and if he's sleepy enough he'll even fall asleep before the show is even over. It always works for my nine year old sister. He won't completely forget about the movie, but it will probably distract him long enough to fall asleep.

I play piano and guitar.
Do you play piano?
Add me.
:]
Quote by Yakult
Sedatives

got nothing, i thought we had some of those pills that help you sleep , but i dont know where they are...

I LOVE KENSAI
What's the rating on the film. I say his parents are damn irresponsible for letting a 9 year old watch a film like that. There's a reason for the ratings you know.
Guitars :
Fender American Stratocaster
Jackson RR3
Ibanez S470
Epiphone Les Paul
Quote by raindropsXroses
Maybe have him watch another movie/TV show that isn't scary at all. That way he'll get his mind off of what was scaring him, and if he's sleepy enough he'll even fall asleep before the show is even over. It always works for my nine year old sister.

hes been watching Mythbusters for 3 hours now

I LOVE KENSAI
Quote by RaNdoM-FeLiX
got nothing, i thought we had some of those pills that help you sleep , but i dont know where they are...

Give him a bit of whisky or some other spirit, that'll calm him down.

Either that or stay up with him until he's so tired that he just passes out.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Watch a classic cartoon. :]
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
Quote by RaNdoM-FeLiX
hes been watching Mythbusters for 3 hours now

Oh, well in that case, I don't know what to tell you. What was the movie about? Or, at least what is it that was scary to him?

I play piano and guitar.
Do you play piano?
Add me.
:]
Quote by nodtomc
What's the rating on the film. I say his parents are damn irresponsible for letting a 9 year old watch a film like that. There's a reason for the ratings you know.

well... MA 15+ but you see... hes at my house tonight and i said he would get scared if he watched it... but he kinda did the whole puppy eyes on me... so i let him watch it

I LOVE KENSAI
Quote by RaNdoM-FeLiX
well... MA 15+ but you see... hes at my house tonight and i said he would get scared if he watched it... but he kinda did the whole puppy eyes on me... so i let him watch it

Kids like that piss me off. Thinking they can get anything they want.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
Quote by raindropsXroses
Oh, well in that case, I don't know what to tell you. What was the movie about? Or, at least what is it that was scary to him?

well its a movie about 6 chicks who go down this cave as an adventure thing , as as they go down there the path collapses behind them , then they figure out there not in the cave there meant to be, then they hear all these weird noises and one of them gets killed by this alien looking thing
and its one of those really jumpy movies , like there torch cuts out and its like pitch black, then the chick hits the torch and it flickers on and you see one of these alien things standing there. and the music goes "DAAAAAAAAA"

EDIT: Lol heres the exact thing i was talking about! lol lucky find!
http://i.neoseeker.com/screenshots/TW92aWVzL0hvcnJvcg==/the_descent_profilelarge.gif
lol all the girls except the one its behind see that thing and run
who runs in a pitch black cave i dunno.

pretty scary for me and i'm 18...

I LOVE KENSAI
Last edited by RaNdoM-FeLiX at Jun 16, 2007,
me and my did watched it a while ago, it made us scream like 8 year old girls...
Quote by Survivalism
Your parents go ass-to-mouth and then kiss you.

The truth can be a horrific thing some times
Show him the extras on the DVD. Y'know, 'The Making Of'. Help him understand that it's not real.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Smokey Amp
Show him the extras on the DVD. Y'know, 'The Making Of'. Help him understand that it's not real.

lol i was actually interested in the making of this but guess what... the DVD doesnt have any special features at all

good movie but scary!

I LOVE KENSAI
Quote by Yakult
Give him a bit of whisky or some other spirit, that'll calm him down.

and yakult wins father of the year award

Check the closet, then be like "oh there's noone there", then pretend to get sucked into the closet, yell a little and stuff, pound the wall, then limp out all exhausted. Tell him you took care of the monster.

Or, if you like, pretend you get murdered by the monster and don't come out of the closet at all. The kid will be fucking terrified.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
play a fun game that may tire him out and then say bout time you got to bed mate...

chances are he will do so okay, slight chance he suddenly recalls the movie
ESP LTD M-401 (want to sell)
DigiTech RP250

Amplifier that's not worth mentioning
tell him if he doesn't sleep the monsters will eat him.....ALIVE (make sure to stress the alive, and if he starts to cry say you were joking)
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by Kensai
and yakult wins father of the year award

Check the closet, then be like "oh there's noone there", then pretend to get sucked into the closet, yell a little and stuff, pound the wall, then limp out all exhausted. Tell him you took care of the monster.

Or, if you like, pretend you get murdered by the monster and don't come out of the closet at all. The kid will be fucking terrified.

hahahaha
that would be so good!

Quote by R-Man
play a fun game that may tire him out and then say bout time you got to bed mate...

chances are he will do so okay, slight chance he suddenly recalls the movie

lol every noise he like jumps, as soon as he goes to bed i know hes gonna call out again
i keep calling him a pansy but it doesnt work.
i'm getting tired watching this much mythbusters... this kid is a machine!

I LOVE KENSAI
Does he have a PC in his bedroom? Because a quick desktop modification would be hilarious...

sit him down , and tell him what he did is not acceptable and make him smoke every cigarette in the packet, and he'll never want ..

... oh wait...
Quote by freedoms_stain

I think it's sick to force kids to take part in hate mongering and sick for spoonman to think its right for any adult to throw anything at a child.
Quote by Smokey Amp
Does he have a PC in his bedroom? Because a quick desktop modification would be hilarious...

hahahaha

i just when and kind of threw him on his bed... walked out the door (LEFT THE LIGHT ON)

just about sat down on the couch and heard in a crying/whining voice"Felix! Help!"

I LOVE KENSAI
Heyi found some tablets you take when you get stung by a bee which i know make you extremely tired fast! but i dont know if giving him them when hes not allergic or hasnt been stung is a good idea...

I LOVE KENSAI
You let a 9-year old watch the descent?! You realise he'll never watch the goonies in the same way now, right?
Quote by RaNdoM-FeLiX
Heyi found some tablets you take when you get stung by a bee which i know make you extremely tired fast! but i dont know if giving him them when hes not allergic or hasnt been stung is a good idea...

Just stop fighting it. Have him sit downstairs with you with the lights dimmed and the television on. He'll eventually fall asleep, and then you can just carry him to bed.

If he's nine, I can't imagine he'd last longer than midnight.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
You let a 9-year old watch the descent?! You realise he'll never watch the goonies in the same way now, right?

oh please, I watched the alien movies when I was 9-10 and it never affec- RIPLEY LOOK OUT!!!! BEHIND YOU!! AAARGH!H!H
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

HE DID THIS TO ME!

i mean common how can you resist that!?

i take it youve seen the movie? do you think it was scary??

I LOVE KENSAI
Quote by Smokey Amp
Just stop fighting it. Have him sit downstairs with you with the lights dimmed and the television on. He'll eventually fall asleep, and then you can just carry him to bed.

If he's nine, I can't imagine he'd last longer than midnight.

lol stuff carrying him , i'll just let him sleep on the couch. little homo better fall asleep soon...

I LOVE KENSAI
Yeah. Well not scary but none of them survive, that's not a nice concept for a 9-year-old.

What's next on your list of things to show him? Braindead?
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Yeah. Well not scary but none of them survive, that's not a nice concept for a 9-year-old.

He should show him Audition, a cult Japanese horror. Now, I consider myself quite an aficionado of horror, and quite immune to most 'scares' horror has to offer, but a few years back that film scared the absolute shit out of me. I'd say I was about 16 when I watched it, so I can't imagine what it'd do to a nine year-old...

Therapy?

Last edited by Smokey Amp at Jun 16, 2007,
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

OH NO hes got 4 seasons of mythbusters ahead of him first
if it doesnt make him fall asleep he will at least still be awake in the morning!

I LOVE KENSAI
its called monster spray fill up a squirity bottle with water and food coulering tel him its monster repellent and that he has to spray it around his bed doors windows and closet and he is safe because it lasts 2 weeks
pu a magic stiker on it 2lol
my parents did that when i was 5:P
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Last edited by Mr.Cuddles at Jun 16, 2007,
Quote by Guitarist132
That movie was pretty scary...

No, it really wasn't.

Punch him, run him over with a bike, slap him with a skateboard, shove a fork in his eye. They'll all work in one way or another.
Just him in his room like you said, but leave his light on. Now turn off all the other lights, make a clicking sound outside of his door and tell him to stay in his room or he'll be eaten alive.

That should work quite nicely, or just feed him lots of turkey. It has ingrediants which make you tired.

Of course it's the morning so how did the little tyke do?
Quote by Kensai
pretend to get sucked into the closet

Did you read the Sucked Into a Tree thread, by any chance?
Page 1 of 2