same shape, same bridge.... but i just want a neck pickup (EMGS preferrably)
any other guitars you guys could recommend?
Sigs are too hard to think up
go to the jackson website and start clicking and reading
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
there's the esp, edwards and LTD alexi laiho one.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ESP and all their subsidiaries(LTD, edwards etc...) have the alexi laiho signature guitar which is a ripoff of the Jackson RR...but its what your looking for
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Jackson RR3 or Jackson RR1 . The edwards you only buy in japan I think... And the alexi's one only have one pickup...
Last edited by Op3a at Jun 16, 2007,
yeah the esp alexi sig's only have the bridge pickup ... to be honest im not really aware of any Randy Rhoads model guitars with a floyd and the 24 frets

best bet would be an RR1 or RR3 but again, with those you get the 22 fret neck
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
out of curiosity, why the need for a neck pickup? You meant bridge right, or is this more for a rounded solo-tone?
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
ah crap i missed the bit about the neck pickup.

I'd have thought the handiest thing would be an rr1/3 and convert to emg's. or else go custom build.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
there's the esp, edwards and LTD alexi laiho one.

He wants a neck pickup, so that rules out the laiho model. But the rest yeah, ESP and Edwards make RRVs with HH configs (I think they call them SVs?).

EDIT: Oh, forget, everything I said was pointed out already.

/hides in shame
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
yeah i want the neck pickup for solos, and im not keen on cutting down two frets and then buying two EMGs. I rather have it all in one thanks

EDIT: Yep, thats the guitar im looking for... though its a bit pricey
go with the ESP sv standard. Better than the alexio rip-off the sv has neck pickup with it.

rhandy roads > alexfaghead

the problem is, is that jackson banned esp (u.s.a *cough*) to distrubute this machine to the states so its basically japan only or europe. Good luck.
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
the problem is, i live in Australia. Billy Hyde is the only recognized Jackson guitar dealer in Melbourne, and i'm not sure where to get ESP's. I don't want to buy online as well.

The SV looks twice the price of the RR24 =/

Im starting to think twice now. Will the extra neck pickup really help my sound?

Also, above user, what do you mean by jackson banned esp from distributing the guitar?
There is no such thing as a V with 24 frets, both pickups and a floyd rose. The nearest thing is to get the RR24.

Solution? Don't get a V, it will be cheaper, it will have everything you need and you can even use it sitting down.

And yes, the neck pickup is very usefull.
Quote by Chinomaster182
There is no such thing as a V with 24 frets, both pickups and a floyd rose. The nearest thing is to get the RR24.

Solution? Don't get a V, it will be cheaper, it will have everything you need and you can even use it sitting down.

I take it you failed to actually read the thread.
Quote by Chinomaster182

what's the ESP SV then.

Quote by Chinmaster182

TS wants a V. You can play a V whilst sitting down, put the lower horn between your legs in a classical-esque position.

Quote by Chinomaster182

depends on what pickup you have there. putting 2 EMG 81s in a guitar doesnt give a lot of variety, so you might as well not have the extra pickup.

Quote by the_crimison
Also, above user, what do you mean by jackson banned esp from distributing the guitar?

(I'm not the above user but whatever.)
Because the designs are so similar jackson got a court order preventing ESP from selling the SV model in the States. THe court order didnt apply to the rest of the world so it can be bought everywhere except the USA.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Jackson KV2
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
PM Noxiosimitator to join
Quote by ninewhilenine
Jackson KV2

he wants the RR shape
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
he wants the RR shape

****, sorry! I'm just obsessed with that axe!
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
PM Noxiosimitator to join
Quote by Chinomaster182

The RR1. You could forget the floyd, and get the RR5.. It's the same price of the RR24. Or save, and buy a RR1
Quote by the_crimison
the problem is, i live in Australia.

My friend the fact that you live in Austrailia makes finding a Jackson RR 24 fret with a HH combination so much easier. let me introduce you to Jackson stars.

They're a Japanese Jackson shop which produce regular Jackson models with a number of variations. I believe this is exactly what your looking for. They may be a more expensive but well worth it.
Heres two sites I've heard were great for ordering from.
http://www.ishibashi-music.com/ and http://www.guitarjapan.com

Quote by Op3a
The RR1. You could forget the floyd, and get the RR5.. It's the same price of the RR24. Or save, and buy a RR1

Sorry man but the RR1 and 5 don't have 24 frets.

EDIT: By the way, the prices on the Jackson Stars site are the list prices so ordering from the two other site should be cheaper. And if you do buy one of those axes you damn well better post some pics.
Last edited by Justin Credible at Jun 17, 2007,