Can anyone recomend some good locking tuners for my MIA strat?
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
why are you wanting to move to locking tuners?

Because i don't want to go to the expense and bother of a floyd rose
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
Quote by Bossman123
Because i don't want to go to the expense and bother of a floyd rose

you really shouldnt be having issues with tuning stability if you're stringing your guitar properly. a lot of people dont do so. the reason they then get better stability from locking tuners is because it bypasses the fact that they never learnt how to do it correctly.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
you really shouldnt be having issues with tuning stability if you're stringing your guitar properly. a lot of people dont do so. the reason they then get better stability from locking tuners is because it bypasses the fact that they never learnt how to do it correctly.

correct
although locking tuners do help tuning stability a little bit- most people have them because they are much faster to change strings on
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
Schaller are the only locking tuners worth considering IMO
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
SPERZELS, undoubtedly

They the a tad expensive, but they work like magic.

Why are you having tuning issues with FR? It should be fine if you stringed it up nicely.
^i dont think he has one. i think he feels that that is the only alternative to locking tuners for the purpose of attaining tuning stability. error.
yeah, i was about to start a thread on this... lucky i used the search bar

anyway, are they all they're cracked up to be? do they do what they are meant to do? and what are the best?

if i was gonig to use locking turners, it would be on a Epi LP Custom, fyi
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
^i dont think he has one. i think he feels that that is the only alternative to locking tuners for the purpose of attaining tuning stability. error.

Not exactly, what i was thinking is that it would make string changes faster and that it would make it easier to tune down to Drop D or flattened tuning, i have a normal non-locking fender trem. Maybe i've just been misinformed about locking tuners though?
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
get the fender schaller locking tuners
theyre 60 bucks and wil suit your purposes fine
Quote by beeboshain
Quote by libskate44
get the fender schaller locking tuners
theyre 60 bucks and wil suit your purposes fine

Ya, i'm starting to veer towards the Schallers alrite, they seem pretty good. Then i'll just need a new neck pickup. Any suggestions? i want something for beefy lead tones because thats really all i use the neck Pup for anyway. I was thinking a single sized humbucker, maybe Duncan Hotrails or Coolrails
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
yeah, Schallers are great for the MIA strats. They bolt up directly using the stock holes, so no mods at all, and they work excellent. If you use your trem a lot, they are a great upgrade imo. There's no chance of strings catching or binding on eachother, since there is only a partial wind.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Bossman123
Not exactly, what i was thinking is that it would make string changes faster and that it would make it easier to tune down to Drop D or flattened tuning, i have a normal non-locking fender trem. Maybe i've just been misinformed about locking tuners though?

i wouldnt particularly thing there'd be a problem there. as long as you tune down past the lower note, then come back up to pitch, there shouldnt really be a problem...
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
i wouldnt particularly thing there'd be a problem there. as long as you tune down past the lower note, then come back up to pitch, there shouldnt really be a problem...

Ah yes, but have you ever tried tuning down in a gig or changing to drop d ? it takes far to long to get all the strings in tune and then back up again
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90