hey people i wanna hear if theres any like minded people like me, this past year and a half ive noticed a huge downfall in the kerrang channel, there was a wonderful time where it played heavy music. But now all it does is play emo rubbish, every 5 minutes its guaranteed to be my chemical romance or fallout boy on the channel and its really starting to get on my nerves. on kerrang about 2 minutes ago was this song by some idiot band called hello goodbye and i listened to the song and i noticed that there wasn't a single guitar chord played in it. its not even rock music, it made me sick. now i wanna hear from you guys, do you agree with me.
Not ever rock song needs a guitar chord. I agree that Kerrang has turned to more popular music but that is their choice and it is only to get the greatest amount of viewers that they can. Fair play to them.
If you want heavier music listen to MTV 2's headbanger's ball or just stick to the internet.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
hellogoodbye > you
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Boooo hooo, cry me a river. Kerrang always sucked. It was only good in '81. Simple solution: DON'T LISTEN TO IT.

I highly doubt that one song didn't have a chord played in it.

Oh, and REPORTED.
Quote by Dr Grinwraith
scuzz is just as bad and headbangers ball is really **** sometimes

I never watch the headbanger's ball but then I never listen to metal. So I don't really care.
There's always MusicChoice, if you have that, and way earlier this morning I was watching some MetalMania thing or something on VH1 Classic. You could always watch that if you like 80s/90s metal (I saw Motley Crue and GnR and considering it was VH1 Classic...) <_<
I remmeber when Kerrang was a decent magazine, don't know about the TV channel, but what the hell do you expect? They have to appeal to a large market of people.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
it would be nice to se some of ozzy, metallica , GnR , deep purple . but they gotta get money and popular
Quote by daft
I never watch the headbanger's ball but then I never listen to metal. So I don't really care.

thers hardly any metal on headbangers ball

i remeber when szuzz used to play sacrifice unto sebek
Quote by Dr Grinwraith
thers hardly any metal on headbangers ball

Ah. What do they play?
It's TV, what do you expect?

Ratings > Integrity in those situations.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Ah. Now I see.
Quote by espliam
hey people i wanna hear if theres any like minded people like me, this past year and a half ive noticed a huge downfall in the kerrang channel, there was a wonderful time where it played heavy music. But now all it does is play emo rubbish, every 5 minutes its guaranteed to be my chemical romance or fallout boy on the channel and its really starting to get on my nerves. on kerrang about 2 minutes ago was this song by some idiot band called hello goodbye and i listened to the song and i noticed that there wasn't a single guitar chord played in it. its not even rock music, it made me sick. now i wanna hear from you guys, do you agree with me.

I agree with Yakult on this. Hellogoodby > You

And they do have "guitar chords" in it. But you dont need chords to have a "rock song."

And if its so crap, dont watch it. Simple solution.

You get a Phail Society membership for this thread.

+++ But I deleted it because it was huge.
Last edited by Pan-Tallica at Jun 16, 2007,
OMGZ IT R NOT TEH METALZ?!?!?!

i was watching kerrang today and it had one by metallica on, so quit your whining.

A channel, which needs viewers otherwise it'll go down the drain, attempting to be more diverse in their music to recieve more viewers? THOSE BASTARDS! eesh.
Planet rocks the one, i know its a radio channel but it plays no crap, where kerrang play's weird stuff like slipnot.
im just saying, s**t like fallout boy and that hello goodbye bull s**t should stay on the pop channels and not on kerrang. years ago kerrang was run by heavy metal fans, but today its just ran by people out to get money and plays the most popular rubbish.
It was funny, I had it on this morning, and the information thing said "The lodest, heaviest bands". They were playing The Bucket by Kings of Leon
(Nothing against them, I love that song, it was just funny)
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by espliam
im just saying, s**t like fallout boy and that hello goodbye bull s**t should stay on the pop channels and not on kerrang. years ago kerrang was run by heavy metal fans, but today its just ran by people out to get money and plays the most popular rubbish.

What do you think most metal bands are out to do?

I'll show you a picture of Lars Ulrich for $48 000.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Quote by JamieB
What do you think most metal bands are out to do?

I'll show you a picture of Lars Ulrich for $48 000.

Pic first, then payment.

Or I'll just go download the same picture off napster
Quote by espliam
i listened to the song and i noticed that there wasn't a single guitar chord played in it. its not even rock music, it made me sick.

You are an idiot.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Quote by espliam

If you don't like it don't watch. I, for one, HATE heavy metal and am very much glad that Kerrang is no longer playing that tat (at least I would be if I was a) the owner of a TV b) a subscriber to Sky c) up my own arse enough to think that my music taste is the only one that matters)

Quote by Dr Grinwraith
i find it funny to that its a "rock" channel and they play that hellogoodbye song

yeh yeh olololollolollz,its like rly funny!1
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by kevinm4435
My solution? Don't watch TV.

Amen! If TV isn't playing what you want, then just go on the internet and listen to whatever your heart desires. It's really not hard.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by Yakult
If you don't like it don't watch. I, for one, HATE heavy metal and am very much glad that Kerrang is no longer playing that tat (at least I would be if I was a) the owner of a TV b) a subscriber to Sky c) up my own arse enough to think that my music taste is the only one that matters)

yeh yeh olololollolollz,its like rly funny!1

i ment funny in a wierd way like "that smells funny"
Quote by Dr Grinwraith
i remeber when szuzz used to play sacrifice unto sebek

That was the first time i had really heard Nile, now its 90% rubbish, not because its commercial but just because most of its really not my bag.
Quote by Yakult

You don't own a television?

Good man.
Yes, music channels suck I'm afraid. I guess Scuzz crunched some numbers and found that playing heavier music didn't bring in the viewers... It must be hard to persuade a loans company to advertise on the same channel that plays Nile.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
Quote by Dr Grinwraith
i ment funny in a wierd way like "that smells funny"

Ahhh, I make that error a lot due to my incredibly pungent testicles. Girls said there was something funny about them and I just I assumed they were grotesque looking, but turns out it was the fact that they smelled like Satan's ring piece that freaked them out (except that one German girl that LOVED it). Moral of the story: wash your balls.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by Yakult
Ahhh, I make that error a lot due to my incredibly pungent testicles. Girls said there was something funny about them and I just I assumed they were grotesque looking, but turns out it was the fact that they smelled like Satan's ring piece that freaked them out (except that one German girl that LOVED it). Moral of the story: wash your balls.

i just have! "puts thumb up in the air"
Last edited by Dr Grinwraith at Jun 16, 2007,
Kerrang! sucks.

Dont buy, watch or listen to it.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by Dr Grinwraith
scuzz is just as bad and headbangers ball is really **** sometimes

I remember when Scuzz used the Mulletman trailers.
Then they tries to turn it into a show, which was a bad idea.
Kerrangs download review was laughable
"every metaller left with respect for Amy Lee" was i watchin the same download festival as the reviewer?
Screw you guys, i'm goin home
Yeah man, absolutely sickening.
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S