should i get a new bass or a new amp? i have a crap 20watt fender thing, and i have a dean evo xm bass. idk to buy a huge new amp for 300 or a schecter for 460??

my band(s):
one gets gigs, but i use the drummer's father's bass amp each time, the other one bearly practices and we dont get a lot done, we're trying to though, we don't have gigs, we practice in an old basement.
-Girl Bassist & Drummer-
Music: Thrash metal, punk, ska, Grunge, old rock, Techno
Pref Bands: Anthrax early Nirvana RHCP Led Zep Fallz Pantera Black Sabbath Operation Ivy Reel Big Fish Misfits Ramones Mudhoney Arctic Monkeys Muse 2 many 2 name
definitely new amp
"And then there was a chair....Alternating the movement of its feet like a horse, the chair runs up to my bed, climbs up into it--and I make love to the wooden chair(uncomfortable, painful)."
amps affect your tone more, and you'll need more volume if you want to play with a drummer anytime soon.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
i would get an amp, first. your probably not going to get a "huge" new amp for $300.
try to find a good used amp. i got my 1/2 stack, used, for $500.
Yeah definitely get a new amp, you could have the nicest sounding bass in the world and it will still sound like **** through a crappy amp. I highly recommend Ashdown, Hartke and Laney.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Since you have access to a nice(im supposing it is nice) bass amp already for practice and gigs then i think you should get a new bass, unless you think you won't be able to use that amp soon then a new amp is the way to go
Guitars:
Fender MIM Telecaster
Epiphone SG Goth
Ibanez Soundgear Bass
Amps:
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Crate BT-50
thanks... i looked for one... a behringer? which amp should i get?
-Girl Bassist & Drummer-
Pref Bands: Anthrax early Nirvana RHCP Led Zep Fallz Pantera Black Sabbath Operation Ivy Reel Big Fish Misfits Ramones Mudhoney Arctic Monkeys Muse 2 many 2 name
Don't buy a Behringer they have a lot of reliability problems.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
Yeah don't buy behringer, look at Ashdown, Hartke and Laney.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Behringer has a supremely and well deserved bad rep. Take a look at the amps indie has suggested, or look for a good used Ampeg.
The new amp definately.
Quote by MLmaster37
well i definitely trust you *reads posts and sig*
thank you for your help

Over 30 years in the biz. If you are looking for speaker info, I have tried many over the years . So hit me up and I will try to help you younger guys and gals.
Hm... where should i get used??
-Girl Bassist & Drummer-
Quote by ms.bassist
Hm... where should i get used??

Pawnshop, or on consignment at a mom and pop music store.

I'd recommend Hartke stuff. It's reasonably priced, has reasonable controls to change your sound and can put out volume that will enable you to play with a band.

Couple a Hartke 3500 (if it's still being made) with a decent 4x10 and you'll be set for a while.

Until the Ampeg monster gets you that is...
classifieds, pawn shops, e-bay is good if you can find a seller, in your area. it takes patients, and alot of research, but there is a used market out there. good luck.
Just give in to the Ampeg Monster as bassplayerric said. It doesn't bite
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.