Poll: Whats smarter...(read post first)
Poll Options
View poll results: Whats smarter...(read post first)
Go with the Combo
14 67%
Go with the Half Stack
7 33%
Voters: 21.
What is better, to get the Peavey JSX Combo or Jsx Half Stack, the difference is 500$ but i was thinking if i were to need the half stack i wouldent have to buy a new amp. is that smarter to put 500 into it now other than buying a new amp down the road?
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
I say combo.

this is the wrong forum by the way
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Half stack will only be 3dB louder than the 2x12 combo. If you're going to need more volume than the combo can handle, you're likely going to be mic'd anyways. Some people will like the sound dispersal of a 4x12 cab more than a 2x12.

But most people really don't need a half stack. I kind of wish I had a 6505 head and a 2x12 cab instead of my 2x12 combo. The combo is much harder to move around due to the weight.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
so. if i got a 2x12 cab now, it would be loud enough but if i needed to put a 4x12 i wouldent have to buy another amp?
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
Quote by DarthV
Half stack will only be 3dB louder than the 2x12 combo. If you're going to need more volume than the combo can handle, you're likely going to be mic'd anyways. Some people will like the sound dispersal of a 4x12 cab more than a 2x12.

But most people really don't need a half stack. I kind of wish I had a 6505 head and a 2x12 cab instead of my 2x12 combo. The combo is much harder to move around due to the weight.

ehmm a head and cab weighs alot more than a combo...
and if you use weels under your cab, then you could do the same with your combo so all of that doesn't make sense really...
im a head and cab man myself........but thats just me...if you are playing to an audience that large that you need that kind of volume you are most likely gonna be mic'ed thru a pa.....so its up to you man
what about like the jsx head with like a 2x12 cab?
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
On my Jsx combo there is a 1/4" jack that the speakers are plugged into. If you needed to you could unplug that and use the combo as a head.
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
Quote by fender&gibson
ehmm a head and cab weighs alot more than a combo...
and if you use weels under your cab, then you could do the same with your combo so all of that doesn't make sense really...

Yeah, but you don't have to carry the head AND cab at the same time. So yeah, they weigh more in total, but less each. Casters on a combo work great until you have to go up or down a few flights of stairs. The JSX 2x12 weighs over 80lbs. Most people would rather make 2 trips @ ~45-50 lbs each.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Combos are pretty bulky and not fun to move around. It really comes down to your choice, but you could always get a combo now and then get a cabinet later and use the combo as a head.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Buy the Combo, it might be harder to move around, but there's no sense in paying more for the head and a cab when the combo will be plenty loud.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
whats a good 2x12 cabinet that will go well with the JSX head?
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
'cause you can easily upgrade it to a 4x12 later.
You can change out cabs and speakers easily. It's easy for travelling when you've got some cabs at where your playing (gig, jam, studio, band practice).
exactly, what type of 12x2 cab should i get?
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
most people seem to like avatar cabs with celestions in them so i guess you should check them out
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating