Hey, if you got msn, or talk on any chat client, READ THIS as a precaution!!!!
A couple of days ago (on another computer) i signed into my msn. It was all good untill 1 of my close friends sent "tho's ur pics" and a link that had MY email adress in it. thinking it was 1 of my friends, i clicked on the link, it then came up with "warning, content is from another computer, blah blah blah, go back 2 spaces, blah, and whatever". I thought the file was sucure untill it loaded 2 my computer, i saw 2 icons (applications), i then got suspicious, and deleted them straight away, but it was too late...

The virus had already progressed, and sent itself to ALL OF MY CONTACTS!!!! i soon wrote a msg in my "status" box saying "what i just sent u is a virus!!!!" i knew this because the other computer that is networked to that computer with the virus, said, on msn, "thos ur pics". Amazed at how quickly the virus progressed, i scanned the 2 computers. The one that had a virus had a "Error reading host file" and the other had nothing. (i am using AVG.7, free) anywayz i went to where AVG said it was and it wasnt there!!!

If you know nothing about computers, please dont read any further than this LAST peacie of advice...MAKE SURE YOU AND YOUR FRIEND SAY THE FILENAME YOU ARE TRYING TO SEND OVER THE TALK CLIENT (LIKE MSN) ATLEAST 3 TIMES B4 U ACCEPT ANY LINK OF FILE!!!!!!...if you are moderatly good at computers, and can speek in LAMENS tearms, continue to read please...

yea so i shut down the infected computer, scaned again, and it came up with "VIRUS FOUND HOST FILE" i healed it then scaned again, and said "Error reading host file". i have scaned alot and it keeps coming up with the same old thing or it says (hots "blah blah" - Changed".I was desprite to clear this virus, i looked at a couple of forums and one had a link to a "bit torrent" scanner i think it was, thinking it was legit (alot of customet reviews said it was "safe" and alot of the people in the forums said the same)scaned my computer with it, BAD MISTAKE!!!, i got TROGEN!!! NO JOKE!!!i cleaned my computer before it spredded, so my computer is still operatinonal (the infected one). Ever scince then when i start up the infected computer is comes up with a msg "cannot find file ISSAS" or something like that, BUT my computer still works, i can still do everything, the only problem i found out was that it came up with windows "End now, send report" screens on SOME sites, like MSN FIX was a currupt name on a website, i dont know, but yea.

I dont know what to do, i want the virus GONE! if any1 could help, or if anyone has had the same thing done to them, please, post your ordeal!!!

Chinque
.....•••••áñÐ ÝÔÜ Łhòûghł Wê w飀 Ð탃rëñ†•••••.....
I would have thought you'd check what kind of file you were downloading first...

But I suppose there are programmes that can disguise apps, so maybe it wasnt completely your fault...
BAD MISTAKE!!! TROGEN R NO JOKE!!!

System restore? That always gets me out of sticky situations
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
...Yea i wanted an apple, but there expensive...
.....•••••áñÐ ÝÔÜ Łhòûghł Wê w飀 Ð탃rëñ†•••••.....
Apple's are for scenesters and people who know jack **** about computers.

So maybe it's sound advice. At least then you get your hand held throughout the whole process.

Anyway, goes without saying. You brought this on yourself, it's a common virus.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>