Yes
118 41%
No
145 51%
I dunno
23 8%
Voters: 286.
Page 1 of 5
ok, when i use my search bar, i get an error. anyway, do you think its right or wrong? hold up, polls coming
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Last edited by spartan 118 at Jun 16, 2007,
No, we'd just be hypocrites if we did it.
Tonight I kill your fucking face.
I killed your face.

HG FC: 4211 7971 0287
Plt FC: 3052 1000 9033
except rotting in jail consumes tax payers money, we should have just a giant fort with big walls, throw everyone in there (only serious crimes for this kind of jail) and let em do what they want, dont feed em or take care of them, just let them starve and beat each other
Quote by spartan 118

edit:if you click i dunno, your probably a bassist and wanna be different like most bassists =)

Hahaha, ha!
Idiot.

Killing somebody isn't punishment.
Letting them rot in a 3x5 cell for 60 years is.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Quote by spartan 118
ok, when i use my search bar, i get an error. anyway, do you think its right or wrong? hold up, polls coming

edit:if you click i dunno, your probably a bassist and wanna be different like most bassists =)

Think about how you worded that question, and how you worded the options in the poll....
Looking for some hot stuff
Depends on the offence - murder should be punished by death - eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth etc.

Also remember that for many criminals on Death Row they have to wait a long time before they meet their demise, a long time on a cell living in fear of your fate.
Quote by RipeFlesh
No, we'd just be hypocrites if we did it.

Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Quote by Dirge Humani
Death is not a punishment; rotting in a jail cell for the rest of your life is a punishment.

I have to disagree with you a bit there. Different people have different opinions on how they would like to be punished. Some would prefer death. Some would rather spend the rest of their lives in jail.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
i dunno, im a bassist
but seriously i think everyone would agree that letting them sit in a tiny cell for the rest of thier life is the worst
too bad the taxpayers have to pay for them being in there

EDIT:i guess not everybody lol
Quote by imnotcommunist
except rotting in jail consumes tax payers money, we should have just a giant fort with big walls, throw everyone in there (only serious crimes for this kind of jail) and let em do what they want, dont feed em or take care of them, just let them starve and beat each other

i lold at that
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Quote by Haha, Crackhead
I have to disagree with you a bit there. Different people have different opinions on how they would like to be punished. Some would prefer death. Some would rather spend the rest of their lives in jail.

I don't care what the criminal prefers. If they committed a crime bad enough to be considered for death, their opinion is void to me.

And to whoever said that putting them in a jail cell costs money, I'm almost positive that the cost of one lethal injection is more than the cost of keeping them alive for their sentence.
The death penalty is the only sentence once carried out that cannot be overturned.
It implies that the state is omnipotent and incapable of making a mistake. And we all know how fu*cked that idea is.
No I don't believe in the death penalty simply because I don't believe the state is infallible.
Look at the Duke Lacrosse party fiasco. Do you really want your fate in the hands of a total asshat like Nifong?
Now don't get me completely wrong I have no "Sanctity of Life" agenda going on and yes I have seen a few folks that truly are deserving of a bullet to the brain. I just have no faith in government.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by imnotcommunist

It costs more to go through with the legal proceedings involved with the Death Penalty than it does to keep someone in prison for 60 years
Quote by moostafah
They should let the prisoners choose...Death? or Life in jail?

Then it wouldn't be much of a punishment if they got to choose one that they are comfortable with.
Gear:

Ibanez SA260FM

Zoom G2 Multi-FX

Marshall MG15DFX
Quote by Dirge Humani
Death is not a punishment; rotting in a jail cell for the rest of your life is a punishment.

I thought that was a cat in your avatar it was better as a cat.

and **** the death penalty, the only real punishment is stripping them of their dignity by letting them get raped for the rest of their life......

Anyone else think that condemned movie should actually be implemented instead of the death penalty? The movie sucked but the idea was funny.
i dont know. i dont really agree with it, but i also dont have a problem with it being used.
Quote by imnotcommunist

Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
To me the bottom line is, should any human being, or group of human beings, be given the power to end another humans life ?

Even if the system were perfect I can't trust a government that executes it's citizens. It's not about being a hypocrite or even right vs. wrong. It's simply a matter of how much power we give the government. The power to decide who lives and who dies is too much power for anyone IMO.

Everyone has an agenda. In a small town where murders are rare the under-funded police department gets put under immense pressure from the public to solve murder cases as fast as possible. The detectives who crack the case are up for medals and promotions etc. The public itself gets blood thirsty. You can't trust people in that kind of position. If you lock someone up for a few years and new evidence surfaces that demonstrates reasonable doubt or clears his name all together you can't give him back those years you took away but at least he can live out the rest of his life in peace. You kill someone and there is absolutely no room for error of any kind what-so-ever. Humans are simply not qualified to be able to take on that kind of responsibility.
Quote by garett

Everyone has an agenda. In a small town where murders are rare, but the accident rate is incredibly high.

Fixed.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by brngbacwudstok
People will always make mistakes in judgment of who is guilty or innocent, and many times the innocent one has been put to death.

I don't think people have the right to decide who lives or dies.

Tell that to the murderers that should be sentenced to death. Wish we had the death penalty here in Britain.
Think of it like this- in about every religious book, regardless of if they're 'true' or not, they were almost all written by smart people. Most all of them speak of revenge as bad. And I consider the death penalty (an eye for an eye type deal) a type of revenge.
"After while your cheap talk dont even cause me pain...so let your bullets fly like rain."
Quote by Dirge Humani
I don't care what the criminal prefers. If they committed a crime bad enough to be considered for death, their opinion is void to me.

And to whoever said that putting them in a jail cell costs money, I'm almost positive that the cost of one lethal injection is more than the cost of keeping them alive for their sentence.

I think you missed my point. Basically, what I was saying is that no matter what punishment you decide on, you'll be giving some of them what they'd prefer. And, that's not what we wanna do.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by Dirge Humani

So just do what the Chinese do. Shoot the f*ckers in the head and sell their organs.
MY academic lit teacher says we should make them fight like gladiators instead.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Hey, so the Green Mile was a pretty good movie, huh?
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Is killing another person fundamentally wrong? Yes, no matter what the situation it is wrong to kill someone. I think it's only more acceptable if there is some immediate risk to your life at that very moment and that's why self-defence laws exist. However I don't think you can give anyone the right to kill another human beign because of their actions.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
If you get it wrong that's an innocent life wasted. So no. More money should be spent on reform and prevention.
**** I accidently clicked yes

but no I don't think its wrong, I just don't think it should be humane. I think its stupid that they're worried about suffering of the condemned.
Quote by Negative_Creep7
**** I accidently clicked yes

but no I don't think its wrong, I just don't think it should be humane. I think its stupid that they're worried about suffering of the condemned.

Being in a small dark cell for 50 years is far worse than dying painlessly from an injection.
No. It's backwards and barbaric. This isn't the 11th century. The criminal justice system is, oddly enough, for justice and not revenge.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Page 1 of 5