Yeah that's short. Mine last about a week, two if I'm lucky and that's pretty short.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
i got a pack of fender picks one time(the california geen ones) and i dont know what was up but i went through 12 in 6 hours...!!!!!!!!!! wth
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
ive been using the same fender premium celluloid pick for at least 3 months, its in horrible shape though, the tip is worn out on both ends, there are notches on the sides, theres even a crack going about halfway down the middle, but its still my favorite pick...

by the way, its a medium.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Classic
Fender HM Strat
Mesa/Boogie 1987 Mark III
Peavey Classic Chorus 130
Boss GT-8
Robert Keeley TS9DX Flexi-4X2
Last edited by Zephyyr at Jun 16, 2007,
extra heavy's last for ever
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
I've been using the yellow Dunlop .73mm picks on acoustic for a while. So far, they seem to hold up nicely. Perhaps some of you heavy handed players need to move to thicker picks?
Differs, I got some that has been with me since I started to play guitar (a year and a few months) and I got some that lasts like 2-3 weeks.
Quote by yock
I've been using the yellow Dunlop .73mm picks on acoustic for a while. So far, they seem to hold up nicely. Perhaps some of you heavy handed players need to move to thicker picks?

Nah, I use mediums and whilst they wear down in a week or two, I find it's the best mix between ability to strum and pick individual notes. I'm alot gentler than I was, I used to snap pics in half regularly >.< Thinking about it...I haven't broke a string in months since I changed my attack angle a bit haha.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
One set of mine have lasted through about 35 years of playing. Of course, they're attached to me.

For regular picks, I'm more likely to lose them before I wear them out. Sometimes I'll throw them in my big jar 'o picks if they get too worn. I've got at least a couple of picks in there from the 70's.
Until I lose them
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
I'll die with my Dunlop nylons in my hands if I don't lose them first. I guess they last pretty long.
I have one purple Tortex that I've been using for about a month, then sometimes I use a blue
Tortex that's at LEAST from the early 90's, quite possibly the 80's sometime. That's a good pick.
I don't mind use worn down picks, so I've had some that I ended up using for a number of years. Ever see a Fender extra heavy pick that was basically worn down so the 'sharp' end was the same shape and length as the other 2 sides? heheh Definitely makes sure your pick hand technique is VERY accurate
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
I have had my newest pick for a couple of months bow I think.
"Member of the Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join"
Comander of the silly sausage army pm me or KCGIG1 to join!

My gear:

Electric: Mexican Fender stratocaster
Acoustic: navaro
amp: Fender frontman 15G
Months

I use Dean Markley LH picks exclusively. They're light, but rock solid and they wear well, rather than cracking like a lot of other picks I've used. Unfortunately they're a bit hard to find.
My two favorite picks i've been using probably almost a year, if not a year definitely months. They have nott noticeably worn down or anything, so I still use em.

Usually I lose the picks before they ware away....
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
I've been using the same Fender teardrop medium pick ever since I started about a year and a half ago.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
i lose them too quickly for them to wear down usually, although i have broken a few recently...
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by Kylix
Months, sometimes years.

Same, one I bought 5 years ago I kept using when I pickup up guitar again. After a week the pics I have now are in the same shape.
My setup specs:

Guitars: Fender 50's stratocaster
Old jr accoustic crap guitar.

Amp: Roland cube 20x (Going to probably be traded in for a blues jr soon though.)

Effects: Dunlop gcb-95 wah
Boss dd-6 delay
Let me think...it depends. Some picks I lose in like an hour from buying them, others I'm sure I've had for 5-6 months, others like 2 years.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Dunlop picks last the most.
Especialy the Delrin ones.

I use dunlop Jazz III's but i sand the tips down to imitate the natural wear of a whole year .
Now thats how i like it.
i have some transparent dunlop stubby pick, which I tend to lose so quickly because they are so small and see through. I go through at a rate of 1 per week
my picks last ages - i actually play the best with older picks, ones that im used to and that have wear on em
new pics are evil.

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
i had a fender heavy that lasted a year before it had been worn down to look the same at each end

but mine last ages
at guitar center but either the dunlop tortiouse shell ones, or the playboy ones, ive been rotating the picks but theyve lasted for 3 months and they arent even scratched!

i forgot to mention i play guitar all day, from noon to 6 then i chilld then from 7-12 non stop, im not even kidding
Epiphone Les paul
bcrich Warlock platinum
Gibson Gss50 amp
Peavey special 212
Digitech RP80 effects pedal

first metal chubby
---------------------------
-----------5---------------
---------7-------------7---
------0--------6---5-------
Maybe I pick wrong?

I pick with an angle. Then one side of my pick will just get thinner and thinner after a few days and then I flip the pick and play again for a few days...

What's really the correct way to pick??
I use those big triangular Fender pics, medium, and buy
a pack every time I go to a guitar store. I leave them
everywhere, tape five to the mic stand at shows and
forget to collect them afterward. I was looking for a pic
in our practice space and found twenty around on the
floor here and there. Yeah, I'm a slob.
Fender Strat Roland Ready
Godin Multiac acs sa & solidac
Gibson 1966 Melody Maker & 1967 EBO Bass
Rickenbacker 350
Brownsville Dobro
Taylor 12 string dreadnaoght
Tacoma Roadking
Mid Missouri mandolin
Roland JC120
Traynor YCV80
Vox AC15
I have a Jim Dunlop pick that has lasted me as long as i've had my strat which is well over a year now... i only use that pick for that guitar.. but for my epiphone and for my ESP i use Jim Dunlop Jazz III's and both these pikcs are extra heavy so i don't expect them to break on me, the Jazz III all i have to do is file the tip a little bit... so yeah, i expect them to last over a year... i still buy picks in bulk though, lol
The oldest one ive got is about a year and a half i think, Dunlop 1.14s they don't break and they don't wear away and they are just the most comfortable for me.
I've been using the same thumb pick since i started playing a year ago. But I only use it to pick notes on the top 3 strings. I strum and pick the bottom 3 strings with my finger nails.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD