Page 1 of 2
And no, I am not talking about the movie from 2004, I'm talking about the original series from 1964-1965.

Just saw a few episodes today, they're still bloody brilliant. Special effects, props and storylines are top-notch, and I love how a it as a "children" show is so serious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RzCB3VRruE&mode=related&search=

Pure awesomeness. Discuss.

-DW
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
thunderbirds rocked! i never saw the new movie, it looked terrible.
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

Stingray > Thunderbirds
Even though both shows employ more special defects than effects.
Also, the movie soundtrack had Busted on it.
^^For being 42 years old, I think the special effects are great. Never saw the 2004 movie, but it seems awful.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Only heard about it because it was the inspiration for Trey Parker and Matt Stone's Team America.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Captain Scarlet was way better. Thunderbirds was for little fairy boys.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Thunderbirds > Captain Scarlet > Stingray

They all owned though

Also, if Captain Scarlet was indestructable, why does he try and run away from everything in the end credits?
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
So Captain Scarlet and Stingray was made by Gerry Anderson (Thunderbirds creator) as well? I often hear those two mentioned with Thunderbirds.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
hahah good times, my friend and i had all the ships together and he even had the base and im a -91
Quote by Demon Wolf
So Captain Scarlet and Stingray was made by Gerry Anderson (Thunderbirds creator) as well? I often hear those two mentioned with Thunderbirds.

They're the 3 famous "Supermarionation" things (as in marionettes, not Super Mario)
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
you know what else was made by gerry anderson?

space precinct.

anyone remember that?

cos it ****ingg ownedd.
OMFG SPACE PRECINCT TOO?!?!?!?! That show was awesome.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Thunderbird 2 was blatantly the best, the rest were just crap and couldn't really do much, especially Thunderbrid 4, i mean a little yellow submarine? WTF? It was totally dependant on Thunderbird 2 to carry it around anyway. Bit of a downer if its not a water related mission eh TB4?
Member No.3 of The 'I Watched Dragonball Z and Vegetas Scouter said my power level is over 9000 Club'
PM redh0tchilip3pp or rizo299 to Join

Co-Founder of the 'Magikarp was blatantly the best Pokemon' Club
PM me to join
YESSSSSSSSS.

you're one of the few who actually knows about it.

you sir.

have my respect.
Thunderbird 2 owned. Sadly, Thunderbird 3, 4 and 5 didn't have much to do.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Thunderbird 5...

What was the point? Surely 'The Mole' should have been Thunderbird 5, so they'd then have a collection of Thunderbird transports that could conquer land, air and sea...But, no, obviously the next logical Thunderbird was a ****ing spacestation.

Disregard the fact that Thunderbird 3's space capabilities were barely ever utilised, obviously it'd make perfect sense to created another space inhabiting craft.

Gah...

Quote by Smokey Amp
Thunderbird 5...

What was the point? Surely 'The Mole' should have been Thunderbird 5, so they'd then have a collection of Thunderbird transports that could conquer land, air and sea...But, no, obviously the next logical Thunderbird was a ****ing spacestation.

Disregard the fact that Thunderbird 3's space capabilities were barely ever utilised, obviously it'd make perfect sense to created another space inhabiting craft.

Gah...

+1 They should have ditched Thunderbird 4 replaced it with some sort of large Battleship or mobile water base that could also go underwater, or drop a lot of depth charges, summot like that. and then replaced 5 with, well i dont know, they dont really need it, just stick a few large satellite dishes atop of tracy island and youve saved yourself the trouble of launching a space station and maintaing it. Who ever heard of a space station crewed by one man? He must get pretty f'in lonely.
Member No.3 of The 'I Watched Dragonball Z and Vegetas Scouter said my power level is over 9000 Club'

PM me to join
Quote by Dr.Tomahawk
+1 They should have ditched Thunderbird 4 replaced it with some sort of large Battleship or mobile water base that could also go underwater, or drop a lot of depth charges, summot like that.

Gerry Anderson probably ran out of tinfoil and poster paints
Quote by bartdevil_metal
Gerry Anderson probably ran out of tinfoil and poster paints

Damnit! ¬¬ fine, ill just make my own Thinderbirds...

PM me to join
Quote by Dr.Tomahawk
Who ever heard of a space station crewed by one man? He must get pretty f'in lonely.

Must have been a lot of zero gravity fappage there. Just think of the mess after! No wonder no one else wanted to stay there as well.

I never really liked thunderbirds, captain scarlet or any of the others, even Team America.
The Minature specail effects looked real. Like the explosions didn't just look like plasic and polystiren (sp?) flying around. I watched this all the time when I was a wee one
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
My God I want to watch Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet and Singray again.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Used to watch it all the time as a kid, fuck the modern shit!
...Bleep Bloop...
Quote by Smokey Amp
Captain Scarlet was way better. Thunderbirds was for little fairy boys.

I agree. Captain black was scary as hell, probably because he was supposed to be indistructable, why the hell didnt he just beat the **** of scarlett, and have done with it.

I loved it on thunderbirds when somone would reach out to grab like a chemical flask with the plastic arm, and then it cut to a real persons hand that was really hairy or somthing lol.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by nick dixon
I agree. Captain black was scary as hell, probably because he was supposed to be indistructable, why the hell didnt he just beat the **** of scarlett, and have done with it.

I think you'll find Captain Scarlet was indestrutable. I mean, that's the whole song -
"Captain Scarlet, doo de doo dadeedo doo de doo dadeedoo, he's indestructable"
And so on
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by nick dixon
I loved it on thunderbirds when somone would reach out to grab like a chemical flask with the plastic arm, and then it cut to a real persons hand that was really hairy or somthing lol.

I remember that! Unbeatable stuff.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Pfft, no. You had cheesy animations and songs, we had PUPPETS
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Yeah, I've seen it. I don't like how they changed the designs of the crafts in the new movie. I mean, T-1 looked kinda cool, but T-2 looked so dumb, like a fat flying turtle.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
Quote by SuperBlob
Pfft, no. You had cheesy animations and songs, we had PUPPETS

Cheesy songs?
the theme song is a shred classic. Plus we had the kickass Eye of Thundera.
What did the Thunderbirds have? Planes?
Spastic Ink
Quote by Schmietty
Cheesy songs?
the theme song is a shred classic. Plus we had the kickass Eye of Thundera.
What did the Thunderbirds have? Planes?

I think you'll find that they were rockets-on-strings thank you very much
And we had rather large explosions, whereas cartoon explosions are crappy
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Captain scarlett was a bit crap because he was invincible.

I mean, no one dies in kids shows anyway, but they actualy told you he was invincible in the title sequence! Why was he invincible? Fate made him so!

>.> didn't stop me watching it though.

I hate the thunderbirds tracey islant toy when i was little And i loved stingray.
Quote by Schmietty
Thundebirds were alright.
ThunderCats was better.

For sure. Thundercats was the most memorable show from when I was a kid. However, we're talking about puppet shows here, not cartoons.

Quote by SuperBlob
I think you'll find Captain Scarlet was indestrutable. I mean, that's the whole song -
"Captain Scarlet, doo de doo dadeedo doo de doo dadeedoo, he's indestructable"
And so on

They were both indestructable if i remember rightly 'cos they had both been under control of the mysterons, except Captain Scarlet fell off that skybase thing they have, hit his head and was no longer under control, however he was still indestructable. Lucky git. And it would be no use them fighting each other because they are both indestructable.

So what Captain Scarlet should have done is thrown that shady Captain Black off the skybase too, and even if Black didnt hit his head and regain control of his own mind it still would have relieved a lot of Captain Scarlets inner frustrations about being indestructable and having a mortal enemy that is too. It would also be quite a story to tell the lads at the Spectrum christmas pi*s-up.

Captain Scarlet: 'About a year ago I threw Captain Black off skybase, man i hated him. He was a real tw*t... *remenisces* yeahh... good times!.'

Colonel White: 'Well Scarlet i call bullsh*t on that one because i saw Captain Black lurking around as he does, about a week ago... im not that drunk'

PM me to join
that show freakin rocks...i had a toy version of the island and a couple of the ships and people...damn...it was awesome...
Quote by Dr.Tomahawk

So what Captain Scarlet should have done is thrown that shady Captain Black off the skybase too, and even if Black didnt hit his head and regain control of his own mind it still would have relieved a lot of Captain Scarlets inner frustrations about being indestructable and having a mortal enemy that is too. It would also be quite a story to tell the lads at the Spectrum christmas pi*s-up.

Captain Scarlet: 'About a year ago I threw Captain Black off skybase, man i hated him. He was a real tw*t... *remenisces* yeahh... good times!.'

Colonel White: 'Well Scarlet i call bullsh*t on that one because i saw Captain Black lurking around as he does, about a week ago... im not that drunk'

, hell yeah
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
I remember seeing this as a 10 year old. Great stuff with such corny effects. I still have my thunderbirds island somewhere
Page 1 of 2